How much merchandise did The Rock sell in his best year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) No that wasn't my sole reasoning for saying Austin made greater sales then The Rock i.e. 'he was absent for approximately four months' but common sense prevails I imagine it does influence the merchandise sales somewhat however there is nothing to say this is 100% true and of course this wasn't the only reason but then again I'm not the one trying to guarantee/prove s**t I can't back up. You said that you can gurantee The Rock made more merchandise sales then Austin and I am still waiting for you to prove/guarantee this.

2) You are completly ignoring my comments as I've already mentioned on more then one occasion, The "WHAT?" shirt is the best selling T-shirt of 2001 in history.

3) The thread was highly directed at T-shirts way before I started posting.

4) You mentioned that heels can't draw more then faces and DX was a good example, in 1999 they made more T-shirt sales then Mick Foley.

5) That paragraph is actually ******ed. Just because someone is more popular doesn't mean they make more sales, idiot. For example, Jericho (Face) may of been more popular then Austin (Heel) in 2001. Does that mean Jericho was gonna draw more then Austin and that Jericho was gonna achieve more sales because Jericho was more popular and a fan fave. Absloutly not. Austin still drew more then Jericho in 2001 even though Jericho was more 'popular', absloutly ******ed comment.

1st of all, the "What?" T-shirt didn't come out till late 2001, so it's hard to believe that it was the highest selling item in 2001, let alone in history. Now, you maybe right about austin selling more than rock in 2001, after all he held the wwe title most of the year(7 or 8 months), and he was in the main event picture most of the time. Rock on the other hand was gone for 4 months, even when he made his return his fueds were second to austin's considering the fact that austin had the main title(wwe title). You asked about some proof, well I don't have any proof about whos merch were selling the most, and I'm damn sure that you don't have any proof to that, but I do have a proof that rock was the bigger draw from 1999 all the way to 2002, and yes, that includes 2001, and here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PWI_Most_Popular_Wrestler_of_the_Year

1st of all, the "What?" T-shirt didn't come out till late 2001, so it's hard to believe that it was the highest selling item in 2001, let alone in history. Now, you maybe right about austin selling more than rock in 2001, after all he held the wwe title most of the year(7 or 8 months), and he was in the main event picture most of the time. Rock on the other hand was gone for 4 months, even when he made his return his fueds were second to austin's considering the fact that austin had the main title(wwe title). You asked about some proof, well I don't have any proof about whos merch were selling the most, and I'm damn sure that you don't have any proof to that, but I do have a proof that rock was the bigger draw from 1999 all the way to 2002, and yes, that includes 2001, and here it is:

That is proof alright. Well done. You've 101% proved that The Rock was the bigger draw from 1999-2002 with that wikipedia entry. Bravo. Please educate me some more about wrestling. That was amazing! :lol:

1) It was common knowledge if you were around wrestling then as most people true wrestling fans during that time said that Austin was bigger and drew more then Rock (2001). Truthfully speaking, I haven't worked for WWE so don't have access to any finacial figures but like I said I'm not the one full of b/s - throwing out false guarantees and trying to prove something that I can't. If you can prove your apparent guarantee like you say then please do so otherwise GTFO.

2) No, I am saying for all the T-shirts that came out in 2001. The "What?" T-shirt made the greatest sales in WWE history. This is also one of very few shirts available on WWE Shop/Euro shop.com (Think it's the only 2001 shirt remaining but don't quote me)

3) Cool

4) Contridiction again. It doesn't matter if they were together or not. The merchandise still sells as we've previously stated (even when a superstar/faction isn't even there or together anymore)

5) You were "LOL'in" when I said a heel Austin drew more then a popular/face superstar but you need to realise that just because Austin was working as heel doesn't mean he didn't draw more then a more face. superstar.

1. And they were basing this off what, what Austin did before he was inactive? Austin was not a bigger draw than The Rock in the year 2001. 2001 =/= 1998 and 1999

2. Ok, but still that didn't make The Rock any less popular than Austin at the time. 1 T-shirt does not mean a guy sold the most merchandise overall in that year, not when there are so many T-shirts and other items available as well.
3. Cool

4. Ok then, so you just stated that if something isn't there at the moment, it can still sell right? That's what I've been saying about The Rock!

5. Actually Austin didn't draw as well as a heel like he did as a face, he still drew, but not even close to how he was drawing when Vince McMahon was against him.

That is proof alright. Well done. You've 101% proved that The Rock was the bigger draw from 1999-2002 with that wikipedia entry. Bravo. Please educate me some more about wrestling. That was amazing! :lol:

That's from PWI, what's so funny about it?

Chris1-16, You've still not answered my question yet (your guarantee)?? Until you do so, which I doubt you can, I won't be answering any of your complete BS anymore..

Somewhere there is an actual answer to who sold more merchandise. It is not a matter of opinion. Obviously none of us know the answer and from what I've read people are pretty much making things up based on nothing but their own speculation.

You asked about some proof, well I don't have any proof about whos merch were selling the most, and I'm damn sure that you don't have any proof to that, but I do have a proof that rock was the bigger draw from 1999 all the way to 2002, and yes, that includes 2001, and here it is:

This is most definitely not proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo