• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Many Characters Should WWE Have?

WWEvsJosh

Pre-Show Stalwart
After wacthing Raw this week and seeing Broduc Clay make me laugh so hard I now have two questions. How many characters should be in the WWE and What are some you would like to see in the WWE?

My first answer is everyone should be a character. You don't have to be funny or another Stone Cold but you need to be a character that's what I think.

The Characters I want to see are:
2006 Cena- Not an all the way rapper but still has cool gear. Jerseys, T-shirts, Pump up shoes before doing the AA/FU, Doing some raps everynow and then, and you get the idea.

Straight Edge Punk- 2010 was my fav year for punk that was not in the ring. He does not have to give the same speech over and over but the character whould be the same as done before.

King Bryan- I know this one might make people made but I think it would be great for him. He would act like king Booker but wrestle like himself. He would win matches clean even when a heel.

Sheamus the guy who can't be trusted- I already like the Warrior thing but I would also want to add the fact that this guy is on his own. He beats up heels and faces.

Santino 2008 to 2009- Just funny

The A list Miz- I know he is doing this now but I would add some things to it. Bring back the dirt sheet that he did with Jomo and bring back his MIZ TV.

The Crew- This would be like a new DX but would be more pg.The group would be made up of Doplh, Cody, Swagger, and Tyson Kidd. (Maybe Mason Ryan)

I have more but that is a few. What would you guys like to see?

There should be a good number of characters in the WWE. This is why it was so good back in the day.

You had guys like The Godfather, Too Cool, Disco Inferno, Lance Storm, Saturn & Moppy, Val Venis, Goldust, Hurricane, Kaientai, Simon Dean, Pirate Paul Burchill, King Booker, Spirit Squad, Tajiri, etc. People who were either funny in their own natural way, or funny because of the gimmick they were given worked for them and they were over. Guys that were funny and you got a legit kick out of them.

These days, everyone seems so serious. "Why So Serious?" *Joker Voice*

Either that, or people just aren't plain funny. Guys like Hornswoggle who have worn out their welcome or guys like Santino that could use some new material.

Brodus Clay was a breath of fresh air last night. He reminds me of Rikishi cause of his dance moves and of course, The Cat's music? Haha, it was great. Here's hoping that this is the start of some good comedy, shiny characters, and catchy themes.

Yes. There needs to be more characters. Almost everyone had a really cool back story years ago. Think about how many wrestlers now have INTERESTING back stories besides Kane, Undertaker Alberto Del Rio, and I'm sure I'm missing a few others. I think I may have even proved my own point to myself. Things are much too real. Professional Wrestling is supposed to be about FICTIONAL story telling. Sure, it's really great when they blur those lines but somewhere along the lines, the wrestlers became too real. I love guys like Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, and Daniel Bryan, but besides what we know about them, what's their story? Jack Swagger is a collegiate All American. Daniel Bryan was in the indie feds for years and years, and Ziggler wrestled at Kent State. Then all of them just kind of showed up at the WWE. When we were younger, we really BELIEVED that The Undertaker was some kind of demon from Death Valley and had supernatural powers. Same with Kane. We believed Mankind was some kind of boiler room, disfigured freak. Hulk Hogan really was a larger than life figure who could overcome ANYTHING! I think we become so obsessed with the facts that we forget that the product is supposed to be FUN above all else. From my perspective, where are all the types of characters and personalities that were larger than life? I want more actual characters. No more cookie cutter heels and faces. Everyone should be unique.

I agree all of them should be some kind of character, the fact everyone was coming out as themselves became boring and stale. You cant blame booking for everything feeling the same no matter the feud. When you have characters you know who is who and what is what and you can plan better feuds for the long term and its better because you plan through the characters personality.

WWE is not UFC it does not need to have real people we all know its a show those who want all that realism that eventually becomes stale stick to UFC.

They should all be characters! Otherwise champions would all be talent based, and how the hell would you do that?

It helps tell stories, create rapport for people we don't know, helps in the cheering/booing department.

You could start out with a Jamaican character, then forget your accent and team with a pothead that gets you in trouble. Ahem, Kofi.

You could have a crappy Jericho impersonation character and wind up WWE Champion. Hi Miz!

You could be the brother of a deadman who burnt you down in a house, you could be the boogeyman, you could be be Sexual Chocolate, or a Goldust (whatever he was).

Just have character. Don't be an Andrew "Test" Martin. Yeah I know he's dead, shut the hell up.

They should have many more characters, as many as they like, as long as they are well done characters/gimmicks that get over with the fans! Clay seemed to do this last night after just one appearance. He was completely engrossed int the character and that helped get everyone else into the character as well. So characters/gimmicks are always gonna fall flat, for every Undertaker you have Bastion Booger but the WWE can't be afraid to take chances. We see how stale and boring everything had gotten when every guy was Joe Somebody that looked like they just came from the gym.

A character that I would like to see is a genie type character. Someone who grants "wishes" and they always go wrong somehow. Like Santino could wish he could finally win a match and he would end up winning only because the ref disqualifies the other guy for beating him down too much. I don't know. Something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back