• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Long Until MVP Turns?

King_of_Swing1520

The King of Swing
its inevitable right? the guy is in charge of "wrestling operations" so story line wise he has final say in the booking and match making. so how long is it before the power consumes him and he turns heel and books himself to be champion? and do we even want to see that?

if this does happen hopefully it doesn't happen too soon and hopefully MVP doesn't turn into a Magnus 2.0 where he's constantly cheating and never actually beats someone clean.

so whats your thoughts on a MVP heel turn and possible title run?

I honestly think they hold off for a while, let him win "control" for a little while and give his guys ( The Wolves) a few chances at different titles. I think the screw job comes before Bound 4 Glory when he costs Joe the title depends,rather or not TNA will turn Joe heel now? after EY stole his big moment..

I can see MVP vs. Joe fued going through the summer into the fall

why is it inevitable. people come on here complaining that no company ever seems to do anything new, just re-use story lines over and over.

why can't MVP play a good boss who does the right thing, instead of insisting that it MUST have to power consume him and turn him into a power hungry boss a-la every other authority figure throughout wrestling history.

Yeah, I'm not seeing why this is inevitable at all. I mean, I guess from the sense that most guys turn heel/face a few times in their careers, but he's as face as face gets right now, and is the face of the "new" TNA — at least on paper.

If you need a concrete answer, the best I'll give you is: not for a long, long time.

I don't see it happening any time soon especially since it seems they are bringing Dixie back in some form. I don't think they need to turn him - just look at the mess with Hogan where he was good then bad then good again. You never knew what was going on. Fans like him, leave him as is. You don't need an evil owner/manager to make things interesting and it is a lazy way out. I think having an owner who is there to do what is best for the company without wanting the ego stroke like HHH/Steph means you need to think up of creative ways for matches to happen, makes things more interesting all around instead of the owner just being a prick so he puts his top talent in a handicap match to teach him a lesson.

It could happen, but not for a long while in my eyes. MVP is sort of the spearhead of the new direction TNA is going in. Doesn't sound plausible to shift gears with him so early on. If anything he still has an adversary in Dixie, and their story clearly didn't end at Lockdown. I don't see a heel turn happening anytime soon.

I am just curious how they are going to get Dixie more involved. Their storyline has one major flaw - Dixie owns the company, or a majority of it, so how can she have no say in how it is run? They seem to have hinted at her firing people to get her way but that will only work for so long before it gets boring. While I hate the idea of a match for ownership of the company, I do think they needed to think of a good reason why MVP can overrule Dixie. Maybe Spud should have been made "commissioner" by Dixie and given final say over matches knowing full well that he would do whatever he was told and MVP somehow ended up getting that position instead. Would still allow Dixie to make matches but then MVP could add stipulations and such to screw with her. It just seems that unless he owned 50% or something, this is one of those story ideas you just need to go with and not think about too hard.

There is no reason to turn MVP heel at all. He does a great job as an on-screen foil to Dixie Carter and his role hasn't changed. I'm not saying he'll never turn heel but for the immediate future, what he is doing works so why change it?

You're all kidding yourselves. Every guy in TNA turns 3 times a year. MVP is obviously turning heel. Plus, MVP has been kinda of an awful boss the past few weeks. Showing extreme preference for the guys he likes and being completely prejudicial against guys like Magnus. And when he randomly told Dixie he was gonna drag her out of her own building, he came off as a total dick. I think they're building up to him pulling a fast one on everybody.

You're all kidding yourselves. Every guy in TNA turns 3 times a year. MVP is obviously turning heel. Plus, MVP has been kinda of an awful boss the past few weeks. Showing extreme preference for the guys he likes and being completely prejudicial against guys like Magnus. And when he randomly told Dixie he was gonna drag her out of her own building, he came off as a total dick. I think they're building up to him pulling a fast one on everybody.

I disagree. It doesn't appear as though MVP likes all of the faces or likes all the heels. Look at the Magnus situation. You got a heel champ that didn't defend the belt clean (on TV anyway) going around talking about Magnus rules and throwing his weight around even though Dixie was no longer in control. He has been in MVP's face since his arrival. Then you have Samoa Joe, from the looks of things seem to be on the outs with MVP based on the last few weeks. As far as him being a dick towards Dixie, that's their respective roles. He can't be friendly with her while she's constantly saying that TNA is her company and she's gonna find a way to get rid him.

Don't want to see him turn heel. We've seen enough of the heel authority figure with Hogan, Bischoff and Dixie.

Honestly I don't even like the super face authority figure character he's playing either.

Just wish they would stop being lazy and relying on the authority figure to carry a plot.

its inevitable right? the guy is in charge of "wrestling operations" so story line wise he has final say in the booking and match making. so how long is it before the power consumes him and he turns heel and books himself to be champion? and do we even want to see that?

if this does happen hopefully it doesn't happen too soon and hopefully MVP doesn't turn into a Magnus 2.0 where he's constantly cheating and never actually beats someone clean.

so whats your thoughts on a MVP heel turn and possible title run?

Do you even know how a heel works? They're suppose to win by cheating, or by any means nesasary. That's why they're the bad guys. Why everyone bags on a heel champ winning by dirty tactics is beyond me.

Do you even know how a heel works? They're suppose to win by cheating, or by any means nesasary. That's why they're the bad guys. Why everyone bags on a heel champ winning by dirty tactics is beyond me.

Nah man, that Magnus reign was horrendous lol.

Having a goon come in and distract the referee is a heel move. Hitting someone in the balls is a heel move. Poking someone in the eyes is a heel move. Beating someone up before the match is a heel move.

But having literally 15-20 guys come out to beat someone up so you can win is classic Russo Clusterfuck booking.

Honestly man I don't think it's far off. TNA don't really have patience in character development or patience with face and heel turns. To be quite honest I thought he was going to turn during the lockdown match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back