How "Lethal Lottery V" Is Going To Work

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Kayfabe - Explained on Aftershock 20

29 superstars will be randomly selected to compete in the Lethal Lottery, as well as the winner of the Connor Reese vs. Ricky Runn match, which will round it up to 30 superstars. As long as you are not the World champion, you are eligible and even if Connor Reese or Ricky Runn lose their match, they are still able to qualify as a random entrant.

What Is Actually Going to Happen

What remains true from the kayfabe explanation:

* Whoever wins out of Connor Reese vs. Ricky Runn will still be the only guaranteed entrant of the Lethal Lottery.
* The World Champion cannot enter the match.

The whole "random" thing is a bit different - the best 29 RP's that are submitted for the Lethal Lottery round will receive entry into the Lethal Lottery match, regardless of whether the RP was submitted for the LL match or whether it was submitted for a completely separate match. Since our biggest PPV's (Lethal Lottery & Kingdom Come) have the attached ruling of "One RP Per Character," those who are already competing in matches wouldn't normally be able to submit an RP for the Lethal Lottery as well. So, instead of excluding them entirely, we are going to compare how well those RP's (ones submitted for a regular match) are to those that are submitted for the actual LL match. When we compile a list of the top 29 RP's, those 29 characters will be competing in the LL. The only guaranteed spot will go to the winner of Connor Reese vs. Ricky Runn, topping things off at 30. The loser of that match will still be able to compete but will have to forego the same process as everybody else.

So whilst the entry numbers will be still randomised (to an extent), the entrants of the LL aren't completely random. We will deciding who gets in and who doesn't based on your RP performance at the PPV because we want to have the very best competing for the very best prize an RPer can receive (world title shot at KC) - so if you want to guarantee yourself a spot and you aren't Reese or Runn, you better submit an excellent RP. This means that it'll be worth the wait for the actual Lottery match because the anticipation of whether or not your character made the cut will make things interesting, amirite?

Note: Surprise entrants, if we have any, will be included in this process as well. They will be judged fairly just like everybody else but that also means this: depending on the number of surprise entrants, depends on how many people will be getting cut from the list... so keep in mind that all the RP's that you see after the deadline aren't all of the RP's that have been submitted.

We're trying a new approach this year to give everybody a fair go without having to qualify for LL qualifying matches but on the same token, only the best RP's will be entered into the Lottery. With how this idea is going to pan out as well as the actual card for this year's Lottery, this may become the best Lethal Lottery we've ever produced. We are definitely excited at how things are going to turn out.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here.

There are 32 people on the roster, 31 of whom are eligible for entry in LL. What is the point of having a match to determine whether Runn or Reese is guaranteed a spot when there is virtually no chance that either of us will get out RP'd by 29 people?

The two of you were co-winners of the All or Nothing pre show battle royal. The match is for kayfabe purposes.

It doesn't make an equal amount of sense to have the two winners both have a spot and fight for the first and last places? If we're both going to be in the match regardless (Spoiler: we will. Neither of us are in the bottom 5 RPers) why bother pretending a "guaranteed" spot matters?

There are 32 people on the roster, 31 of whom are eligible for entry in LL. What is the point of having a match to determine whether Runn or Reese is guaranteed a spot when there is virtually no chance that either of us will get out RP'd by 29 people?

You know Rush right? Tall giant who has been pretty much unstoppable? Yeah he wasn't on the roster last year when LL IV happened. How about Michael Winters? He wasn't on either, but they certainly competed at LL. Don't you remember, oh, must've been during one of your many breaks. :)

My point is, the roster may only be 32 large, but whose to say we don't have some wrestlers returning at LL. ;) Let the speculating begin.

Tastic's scheduled return happens to be the Meltdown following the Lottery. *wink, wink*

This still doesn't change the fact that you can name all the guys who have a chance of winning on one hand.

You know Rush right? Tall giant who has been pretty much unstoppable? Yeah he wasn't on the roster last year when LL IV happened. How about Michael Winters? He wasn't on either, but they certainly competed at LL. Don't you remember, oh, must've been during one of your many breaks. :)

My point is, the roster may only be 32 large, but whose to say we don't have some wrestlers returning at LL. ;) Let the speculating begin.

I accounted for that when I said "bottom five". You see, if we exclude the WHC and Reese/Runn (i.e. those that cannot be considered for the 29 open spots) we have 30 (because 32 - 2 = 30) regular roster members RPing for 29 spots. To be out of the match you'd have to submit the single worst RP of the round. For being in the bottom five to cause anyone to be out of the match, 4 non-roster wrestlers would have to be involved.

I would snark about how your ability to read a fairly simple post without getting it explained to you relates to your competence to judge RPs, but I'll let this slide. When Falk's fed head and not bothering to listen to my vocal RPs (which I've got screenshots proving), I've got bigger concerns about fitness to vote.

Also, other people entering the Lottery doesn't change the fact that to be out of the match you have to be outshone by 29 other RPs. The only difference that adding people makes is the identity of those 29. Neither me nor Runn are on the bottom rung of RPers so that's unlikely, unless you've got a hell of a lot of guests lined up. Knowing this, pretending that "guaranteed spots" matter for either of us is a joke.

I accounted for that when I said "bottom five". You see, if we exclude the WHC and Reese/Runn (i.e. those that cannot be considered for the 29 open spots) we have 30 (because 32 - 2 = 30) regular roster members RPing for 29 spots. To be out of the match you'd have to submit the single worst RP of the round. For being in the bottom five to cause anyone to be out of the match, 4 non-roster wrestlers would have to be involved.

I would snark about how your ability to read a fairly simple post without getting it explained to you relates to your competence to judge RPs, but I'll let this slide. When Falk's fed head and not bothering to listen to my vocal RPs (which I've got screenshots proving), I've got bigger concerns about fitness to vote.

Also, other people entering the Lottery doesn't change the fact that to be out of the match you have to be outshone by 29 other RPs. The only difference that adding people makes is the identity of those 29. Neither me nor Runn are on the bottom rung of RPers so that's unlikely, unless you've got a hell of a lot of guests lined up. Knowing this, pretending that "guaranteed spots" matter for either of us is a joke.

I told the entire roster to get out before FalKon took over. I'm a little surprised it took this long for something interesting like this to happen. The screenshots are very interesting and should be exposed.

This still doesn't change the fact that you can name all the guys who have a chance of winning on one hand.

Let's see...

1) Showtime - current world champion
2) Holmes - World title contender
3) Drake Callahan - on a roll
4) Chris KO - the heel with perhaps the most heelish gimmick at the moment
5) Rush - on a roll
6) Smith - on a roll
7) El Califa Dragon - it is Ty at the wheel of those RPs after all

Even if you were to count Showtime and Holmes as a single number given that only one of them can be in the Lottery as the loser of the WHC match and miss out the likes SaboSax, SHIT or, hell I'll say it, myself, that still leaves move than a single hand.

Unless you either cannot count, have a serious birth defect or are being deliberately obtuse.

Барбоса;4402059 said:
Let's see...

1) Showtime - current world champion
2) Holmes - World title contender
3) Drake Callahan - on a roll
4) Chris KO - the heel with perhaps the most heelish gimmick at the moment
5) Rush - on a roll
6) Smith - on a roll
7) El Califa Dragon - it is Ty at the wheel of those RPs after all

Even if you were to count Showtime and Holmes as a single number given that only one of them can be in the Lottery as the loser of the WHC match and miss out the likes SaboSax, SHIT or, hell I'll say it, myself, that still leaves move than a single hand.

Unless you either cannot count, have a serious birth defect or are being deliberately obtuse.

1) Showtime - He's not going to lose to Holmes and you should know that. He can't win it since he is not involved.
2) Holmes - Nice guy but he isn't going to beat Showtime. If he can't beat Showtime then he can't win Lethal Lottery with Ty being involved.
3) Drake Callahan - He's one of the guys who can win it.
4) Chris KO - You're confusing "on a roll" with being able to win Lethal Lottery.
5) Rush - He can win it.
6) Smith - He's good but not good enough.
7) El Califa Dragon - He can win it.

Now that was rather pointless. You named only three people and the others that can win the match are JGlass and yourself. Nice try though.

1) Showtime - He's not going to lose to Holmes and you should know that. He can't win it since he is not involved.
2) Holmes - Nice guy but he isn't going to beat Showtime. If he can't beat Showtime then he can't win Lethal Lottery with Ty being involved.
3) Drake Callahan - He's one of the guys who can win it.
4) Chris KO - You're confusing "on a roll" with being able to win Lethal Lottery.
5) Rush - He can win it.
6) Smith - He's good but not good enough.
7) El Califa Dragon - He can win it.

Now that was rather pointless. You named only three people and the others that can win the match are JGlass and yourself. Nice try though.

No, I named 7 who I think can win the match.

You named 5 and a very suspect 5 to say the least. How you can eliminate Doc and Miko who are easily the equals of JGlass and myself in terms of quality? And how do you know that some of the potential mystery entrants are not good enough to win? Would you bet against a returning Hunter Kravinoff sweeping all before him?

You are also missing out the fact that many of those named as potential winners will be in a match of some sort at LL, forcing them to focus on their opponent rather than the open mic of the Lottery itself, possibly bringing them even closer to the pack in terms of Lottery winning quality.

It just shows that you were trimming the number just to suit your own agenda of yet another pointed barb towards Creative, which is all you deal in these days, all the while demonstrating that you think your opinion is actually fact.

At least Remix has something to complain about while you just jump on the "anti-establishment" bandwagon whenever it suits you.

Nice try though.

Барбоса;4402085 said:
No, I named 7 who I think can win the match.

You named 5 and a very suspect 5 to say the least. How you can eliminate Doc and Miko who are easily the equals of JGlass and myself in terms of quality? And how do you know that some of the potential mystery entrants are not good enough to win? Would you bet against a returning Hunter Kravinoff sweeping all before him?

Most of the time I rank Doc and Miko just below JGlass and yourself. It's only a small spot below as I think both of them are great RPers.

Kravinoff returning would be huge but now you're just throwing in "what if this happens" to suit your opinion.

You are also missing out the fact that many of those named as potential winners will be in a match of some sort at LL, forcing them to focus on their opponent rather than the open mic of the Lottery itself, possibly bringing them even closer to the pack in terms of Lottery winning quality.

The gap between the top guys and the middle is rather big and I don't think the top guys can't add something to do with the LL into their RP. I'll stick with my five picks.

It just shows that you were trimming the number just to suit your own agenda of yet another pointed barb towards Creative, which is all you deal in these days, all the while demonstrating that you think your opinion is actually fact.

Where did I attack creative in that post?

At least Remix has something to complain about while you just jump on the "anti-establishment" bandwagon whenever it suits you.

Nice try though.

When? I'm seriously confused at this point.

Most of the time I rank Doc and Miko just below JGlass and yourself. It's only a small spot below as I think both of them are great RPers.

Fair enough but I know that there are people within the fed who would say that Doc is at least the equal, if not better than JGlass and it shows that there is some personal preference involved in your choice of the final five rather than it being so ridiculously obvious like how you made it sound in your earlier post.

Kravinoff returning would be huge but now you're just throwing in "what if this happens" to suit your opinion.

No, I was using it to highlight how you were intentionally limiting your picks to make it sound like the Lottery result was a largely foregone conclusion.

I already have more than 5 even before having to go to returning stars.

The gap between the top guys and the middle is rather big and I don't think the top guys can't add something to do with the LL into their RP. I'll stick with my five picks.

You see, you saying that they are your picks undermines your original claim than "you can name all the guys who have a chance of winning on one hand," the nature of which suggests that you think that there is no picking required as it is obvious who the "five" are.

Essentially, you have passed off your "top five potential winners" as the "only five capable of winning it."

Where did I attack creative in that post?

When? I'm seriously confused at this point.

So you think that a snide comment about the lack of potential winners in the Lottery in a thread about the Lottery posted by Falk does not come off as even a sideways attack on Creative or their process, especially when you have been dealing in such sideways barbs for the last three months?

You may claim that they were never meant to be taken seriously, much like your "feud" with Falk over him being the HoC, but they are so frequent that people cannot help but think that they are tinged with more than a hint of actual complaint when you personally have very little to complain about.

Haters gonna hate.

Although the roster may seem small, going via the route of Lethal Lottery qualifiers holds the same type of principle. We'd have to be going through matches upon matches upon matches to figure out who would be included into the Lottery where only a couple of people won't qualify. That sounds much more insulting to those that don't qualify or qualify very late down the line after multiple efforts rather than not qualifying due to one RP. Whilst it has been tradition to do LL qualifiers and it has worked in the past, we decided to change things up a bit... and as for the Reese vs. Runn match - leaving the Battle Royale as open as we did with the result didn't seem right both in kayfabe and reality. I thought this would be the best idea to compensate for that... plus, there may be something extra other than a "guaranteed" spot. You never know what could happen.

The RP thing is not for discussion in this thread - if you wish to talk about it, we can do it privately or publicly (which would be in the discussion thread) Remix... although time-zones may prevent us from setting up a proper flowing chat.

People who can realistically win the lottery:

Maybe like, 10-15 people. What Cooper is forgetting is that this is just one match, and so many of our RP'ers are capable of pulling out a monster RP. Now since everyone is gunning for that LL Win it's going to be fierce competition, but crazier things have happened. I point to Big Dave's (as far as I know) only world title win when he dethroned Ty Burna. Big Dave posted the blandest of RPs his entire career, but he posted a doozy in a fatal 4 way match that ended the seemingly unstoppable reign of Ty Burna. And not to toot my own horn here (or keep on reminding Ty of his most famous losses), but a certain newbie to the fed managed to end the mountainous win streak of Ty Burna in his third match ever.

You never know who has been roosting on a fantastic RP or who is going to surprise us all. It only takes one RP to win this match, and if the cards fall the right way the winner could be someone you didn't expect.

Is the Runn vs. Reese stipulation is dumb?

Not as dumb as Remix thinks it is, but still kind of dumb. We can assume the WZCW fans know that the roster is 32 people right now and that they know they can see anywhere between 3-5 people returning in the lottery, and they would also know that Runn and Reese rank higher on the card than the likes of Donny J, Grizzly Joe, Isabella Stone, Thrash, Dustin Hunter, Brent Blaze and despite his recent win over Runn, probably Krypto (sorry buddy).

So those are 7 people that Remix and Pancake can almost definitely beat out for a spot at the lottery. If we use or 32 man roster and subtract those 7 as well as Holmes and Showtime (since I doubt either of them will enter the LL after putting all their effort into the championship match), that leaves us with 23 wrestlers for 25-27 spots in the Lethal Lottery.

On the other hand, Remix and Pancake haven't exactly proven that they are immune from getting outdone by some of the lower card guys, and while I'd take a Connor Reese joint over the likes of Brent Blaze any day of the week, that's not always how creative goes.

All I'm saying is that while it seems silly, a guaranteed entry can't hurt either.

No one is incapable of producing an awesome RP, just like no one is incapable of shitting the bed. This gives everyone a chance to RP for one of the biggest matches of the year. Plus, this gives guys who don't think they have any shot at winning that much more motivation to put out a great RP and can make the match a lot more competitive. 25 might have been a better number based on the roster size, but I like the idea.

Just wait when everyone finds out Falks has swerved EVERYONE and Holmes wins the title and the Lottery to become Heavyweight God of the Universe...

People who can realistically win the lottery:

Maybe like, 10-15 people. What Cooper is forgetting is that this is just one match, and so many of our RP'ers are capable of pulling out a monster RP. Now since everyone is gunning for that LL Win it's going to be fierce competition, but crazier things have happened. I point to Big Dave's (as far as I know) only world title win when he dethroned Ty Burna. Big Dave posted the blandest of RPs his entire career, but he posted a doozy in a fatal 4 way match that ended the seemingly unstoppable reign of Ty Burna. And not to toot my own horn here (or keep on reminding Ty of his most famous losses), but a certain newbie to the fed managed to end the mountainous win streak of Ty Burna in his third match ever.

You never know who has been roosting on a fantastic RP or who is going to surprise us all. It only takes one RP to win this match, and if the cards fall the right way the winner could be someone you didn't expect.

Is the Runn vs. Reese stipulation is dumb?

Not as dumb as Remix thinks it is, but still kind of dumb. We can assume the WZCW fans know that the roster is 32 people right now and that they know they can see anywhere between 3-5 people returning in the lottery, and they would also know that Runn and Reese rank higher on the card than the likes of Donny J, Grizzly Joe, Isabella Stone, Thrash, Dustin Hunter, Brent Blaze and despite his recent win over Runn, probably Krypto (sorry buddy).

So those are 7 people that Remix and Pancake can almost definitely beat out for a spot at the lottery. If we use or 32 man roster and subtract those 7 as well as Holmes and Showtime (since I doubt either of them will enter the LL after putting all their effort into the championship match), that leaves us with 23 wrestlers for 25-27 spots in the Lethal Lottery.

On the other hand, Remix and Pancake haven't exactly proven that they are immune from getting outdone by some of the lower card guys, and while I'd take a Connor Reese joint over the likes of Brent Blaze any day of the week, that's not always how creative goes.

All I'm saying is that while it seems silly, a guaranteed entry can't hurt either.
How beating Runn in a straight one on one doesn't give me some leverage I don't know.

I don't think I'm winning but I can confidently say I'll be in the LL.

How beating Runn in a straight one on one doesn't give me some leverage I don't know.

I don't think I'm winning but I can confidently say I'll be in the LL.

I think you will too, I just think that, in kayfabe world, Runn is still a notch or two above Krypto. The gap is closing, though.

JGlass put it out right.

It's interesting to say the least, but may actually give me a chance to be in the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back