• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How is WWE going to screw this up?

The Butcher

📶
In the wake of last night's excellent SummerSlam, there's been a wealth of speculation as we fans rush to answer that oft-asked question: "Where does WWE go from here?" Clearly not having learned our lesson, most of that speculation has involved optimistic, pie-in-the-sky fantasy booking scenarios that WWE is either too incompetent or too stubborn to make happen.

Rest assured, whatever goodwill WWE earned last night will be squandered spectacularly. That being the case, I think it's best we get our heads out of the clouds now before Raw hits us with a lightning bolt of fuckery. If you can think of a way WWE can undo any of the results or good feelings coming out of SummerSlam, please share it. It is only through lowering our expectations of WWE that they can exceed them.

Brock Lesnar gets a new belt that looks terrible & we never see the Big Bold belt again.

Nikki Bella speaks.

Thats enough to ruin my evening right there.

While WWE (and wrestling companies in general) have good records in messing up good positions, I would say that this case of "Brock the Conqueror" is far trickier to manage than other scenarios that should have been home runs.

Switching to an absentee champion after having a world champion front and centre for years on end, almost uninterrupted, is a big move and needs to be well shepherded. The last time this happened we still had two world champions and a top heel in CM Heyman to carry the title picture. Now we have only one world title and despite some attempts to change it, the mid card titles still mean as little as ever - two of them were not even defended at Summerslam. Heyman will likely still be around but is there is top face for him to ace off with?

This is far from un-fuck-up-able.

Uh, Lesnar loses a non-title rematch on Raw to John Cena. Then another loss the next week. He retains the title at the next PPV, but it's by DQ. He starts losing to the likes of Chris Jericho and Dolph Ziggler. Maybe he makes an appearance on Smackdown. At Hell in a Cell, Seth Rollins cashes in and takes the title.

He starts wrestling more on Smackdown. Losing to the likes of Kofi Kingston and Adam Rose. He ends up on the Survivor Series pre-show, jobbing to the US Champion in 8 minutes. Starts getting booked on Main Event, in competitive bouts against Fernando and R-Truth.

He manages to get on the Wrestlemania bill, in the André the Giant Battle Royale, but he gets eliminated second. Gets sent back down to NXT. By the request of Triple H, he attempts a repackaging, trying out a rich, middle class heel gimmick, but ultimately fails. During the spring cuts, he gets released and winds up in TNA, feuding with Gunner three months later.

That's what we're supposed to say when we're being cynical ***** about WWE's booking abilities, right?

Here's a thought. Maybe, just maybe, they're not going to screw this up. Maybe they have a plan in place and are going to execute it to perfection. And maybe that plan involves finally having the courage to attempt the unthinkable, just to see how it all plays out between now and WM31.

Uh, Lesnar loses a non-title rematch on Raw to John Cena. Then another loss the next week. He retains the title at the next PPV, but it's by DQ. He starts losing to the likes of Chris Jericho and Dolph Ziggler. Maybe he makes an appearance on Smackdown. At Hell in a Cell, Seth Rollins cashes in and takes the title.

He starts wrestling more on Smackdown. Losing to the likes of Kofi Kingston and Adam Rose. He ends up on the Survivor Series pre-show, jobbing to the US Champion in 8 minutes. Starts getting booked on Main Event, in competitive bouts against Fernando and R-Truth.

He manages to get on the Wrestlemania bill, in the André the Giant Battle Royale, but he gets eliminated second. Gets sent back down to NXT. By the request of Triple H, he attempts a repackaging, trying out a rich, middle class heel gimmick, but ultimately fails. During the spring cuts, he gets released and winds up in TNA, feuding with Gunner three months later.

That's what we're supposed to say when we're being cynical ***** about WWE's booking abilities, right?

Who the fuck is Fernando?

I love how immediately the 1st thought after a big PPV like Wrestlemania or Summerslam is "How is WWE going to fuck things up?"

I'm just hoping for once in the last how many years they DON'T fuck things up. Don't get me wrong they probably will but might as well hope for the best to happen instead of expecting the worst. If they fuck up soon there's always football.

Here's a thought. Maybe, just maybe, they're not going to screw this up. Maybe they have a plan in place and are going to execute it to perfection. And maybe that plan involves finally having the courage to attempt the unthinkable, just to see how it all plays out between now and WM31.

I have a feeling they have an end-goal, in fact I'm certain they have end-goals quite often, but have no idea how to get there and we see the results as week by week booking that is usually a mixture of good, bad and ugly, especially, as many have noted, in this dry period that we call September-December.

I have a feeling they have an end-goal, in fact I'm certain they have end-goals quite often, but have no idea how to get there and we see the results as week by week booking that is usually a mixture of good, bad and ugly, especially, as many have noted, in this dry period that we call September-December.

Fair enough, and as much as I hate to admit it, you're probably right. Based upon past experience, there's a reasonable likelihood that they'll screw things up somehow. But I agree with deaner. At least let's wait until RAW and see where they intend to go with things, and get some sense of if it's working or not, before we doom it to failure.

Well Heyman is going to shine here & make this thing work, no matter Brock's appearances or opponent. That is the factor which cannot be duplicated or denied. Without him, this whole thing will end up bad. WWE will have to actually work hard to fuck this up while Heyman is in the mix.

At this point, I'm just enjoying the moment. There's lots of potential for great stories to be told right now. I'll save the cynicism until RAW is over tonight, with any luck.

Fair enough, and as much as I hate to admit it, you're probably right. Based upon past experience, there's a reasonable likelihood that they'll screw things up somehow. But I agree with deaner. At least let's wait until RAW and see where they intend to go with things, and get some sense of if it's working or not, before we doom it to failure.

I apologize if you thought the point of this thread was about dooming anything to failure. I opened this discussion up in order to swing the pendulum away from all these dream scenarios people have been proposing and lower expectations so that WWE might exceed them. And after the last, oh, five or so years of programming, I don't know how anyone can default to "let's see where this is headed." They're going to fuck up something good; it's just a matter of how hard.

Well Heyman is going to shine here & make this thing work, no matter Brock's appearances or opponent. That is the factor which cannot be duplicated or denied. Without him, this whole thing will end up bad. WWE will have to actually work hard to fuck this up while Heyman is in the mix.

wwestarspraisenewpaulheymanguycurtisaxel.jpg

787b1a84a88656f0dcaa65abf6f77fa7_crop_north.jpg

Axel was doomed no matter what. Pairing him with Heyman was never going to work. And I definitely don't blame him for Cesaro. He's not the one booking this nonsense.

Axel was doomed no matter what. Pairing him with Heyman was never going to work. And I definitely don't blame him for Cesaro. He's not the one booking this nonsense.

nightmare said that WWE would have to work hard to fuck it up with Heyman involved. I provided two examples of WWE fucking it up with Heyman involved.

It really is no wonder WWE takes its audience for granted and acts like fans don't have memories, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back