How Great Would a CM Punk vs Aj Styles Feud Be?

I_Am_Electro_Boy

Simmer down and pucker up...
So I've been thinking, how great would a Aj Styles Vs Cm Punk feud be. These two are Gods inside the ring. They're both good on the mic and they are both over with the crowd. I think these two would have some of the best matches ever, and they're promos would just be phenomenal. I think Punk would be the heel and Aj the face in this feud, I say this because I believe Punk is soo good as a heel that he shouldn't be a face again also I think Aj is better as a face. It could be one of the best feuds ever, these men always give it their all, can you really think of a bad match they've had?

I can't really see this feud happening because Aj is very loyal to TNA and I can't see WWE letting Punk go for a long time. I hope this feud does happen one day though, because I would just love to see it.

So, what do you guys think?
Would you want to see Cm Punk and Aj Styles feud?
Do you think it will ever happen?
If you can see it happening, which company do you see it happening in?

Not very, would be my answer to the thread title.

AJ Styles is TNA good. The best thing in that promotion, maybe. But not one of the best things in wrestling. I can think of about half a dozen insignificant WWE mid carders who I'd want to see face Punk more. To be fair, he is hampered by the promotion he's in.

I'm starting to think Rey Mysterio is the greatest wrestler of all time. Punk has done nothing of interest since that feud and Rey will get a solid match out of Kane at SummerSlam.

Would you want to see Cm Punk and Aj Styles feud?

Yes I would I think Cm punk is a great master heel, he always gets heat and Aj styles always got a lot of people behind him and was a very over face. They're also good wrestlers so I think they could have some good matches

Do you think it will ever happen?
In my honest and sorrow opinion, no.
I don't ever see Aj Styles going to wwe or ever CM Punk going to Tna. I just cannot imagine a situation where that would happen; and even so if one of then would cross promotions, them feuding is something itself that might not happen.

If you can see it happening, which company do you see it happening in?

I'm not really sure but Ima go with WWE. I can see Aj styles going to wwe and getting pushed really hard if Tna where ever to fall and crumble. I don't think CM punk would ever go to tna, I think he is getting quite a paycheck over at wwe and on top of that, he has been in some good feuds and has held a number of tittles. In tna he might not have the same opportunities because in Tna they already have many wrestlers who are in line in getting pushed. Such as Anderson, Pope, Morgan, Wolfe, etc.

I would love to see that feud!! I always loved AJ and Punk. A part of me always wished AJ would go to wwe but after a while I realized how watered down the WWE would have made him im sure. As in taking like half his freakin move set away like they did Matt Sydal (sorry i know hes evan bourne but im a die hard fan of the indies and dont like calling him by bourne). There are quite a few dream matches im sure wwe and tna fans would love to see. AJ Styles vs Rey Mysterio would be phenominal (no pun intended). But anyway as much as I would love to see styles vs punk It wont happen in my opinion. AJ is like Sting in a way that he is faithful through thick and thin to his company. When people say TNA people automaticallly think AJ Styles. He is the Face of that company and there is no argument about it. Punk in TNA would be interesting, but unless he fails a drug test (LOL!) or something that gets him released from wwe i dont see him ever going to TNA.

Not very, would be my answer to the thread title.

AJ Styles is TNA good. The best thing in that promotion, maybe. But not one of the best things in wrestling. I can think of about half a dozen insignificant WWE mid carders who I'd want to see face Punk more. To be fair, he is hampered by the promotion he's in.

I'm starting to think Rey Mysterio is the greatest wrestler of all time. Punk has done nothing of interest since that feud and Rey will get a solid match out of Kane at SummerSlam.

That must be why he was voted the #1 wrestler in the world by PWI 500, right – because guys like R Truth, Evan Bourne, Mark Henry and Zack Ryder among other useless mid-card fodder are more interesting to see? :rolleyes:

Punk v. AJ would be a fantastic feud, all dependent upon what the feud itself was centered around. The matches themselves would be highly entertaining, just as they were in ROH and IWC, as both wrestlers are fantastic workers who are likely the two best story-tellers in the ring of their respective companies.

CM Punk v. AJ Styles in ROH:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/oEskdUczbMY/

CM Punk v. AJ Styles in IWC:
[YOUTUBE]TYPqPNd_tCQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]_yodjFGlvHc[/YOUTUBE]

That must be why he was voted the #1 wrestler in the world by PWI 500, right –

Nobody can actually give a valid reason why he was voted #1 in the PWI top 500. Was it based on the quality of matches he had during that period? Then I could name several who surpassed him. Or was it because of his achievements as a champion during that time?

His best matches during that period were the three way with Joe & Daniels and the singles matches with Daniels. Maybe I'm at an advantage here, because I've actually seen great Styles matches and those matches weren't great. There's really no comparison between the Styles of 5 years ago and the one now.

because guys like R Truth, Evan Bourne, Mark Henry and Zack Ryder among other useless mid-card fodder are more interesting to see? :rolleyes:

I'd much rather see CM Punk vs. Evan Bourne right now. That entertaining, but insignificant, match Bourne had with Jericho is better than I've seen of Styles in quite some time. But like I said, the environment he's in doesn't help.

I dont think anyone can deny that these guys could possibly put n a 5 star match together, but just because you have good matches does not always equal a great feud. These too have nothing to Feud over AJ styles is a straight laced country boy and Punk is an advocate against drugs and alcohol I dont see how they would have a good feud.

I don't see AJ Styles as anything special in terms of his character in TNA. His character is "generic WWE lower-mid-carder #68". Sure, that character may work for him in TNA, where wrestling talent is favored over mic skills and character development, but it wouldn't work in WWE where guys with AJ Styles' personality come a dime a dozen.

That being said, I don't think it would work in either promotion. C.M. Punk's current personality and style wouldn't work in TNA, where as AJ Styles' current personality and style wouldn't work in the WWE, for reasons I've already mentioned.

I would like to see it just due to the match quality. I have seen them wrestle before but not on any kind of a grand stage obviously.

I don't want to get into if AJ should have been #1 on the PWI Top 500 or not. I think he is a good wrestler and the same goes for CM Punk.

I don't know how good the promos would be. Punk's would be good for sure, as always. But I think AJ is kind of wack on the mic. But in ring this would be great to watch weekly or even once a month at a ppv for a few months during a feud.

Do I think it will happen? Maybe. Never say never. It has a better chance to happen if TNA folds. But I don't see Punk in TNA by any means. I don't think WWE would drop the ball and let him go, also, I don't think he would even want to work there again after tasting the big time.

Nobody can actually give a valid reason why he was voted #1 in the PWI top 500. Was it based on the quality of matches he had during that period? Then I could name several who surpassed him. Or was it because of his achievements as a champion during that time?

His best matches during that period were the three way with Joe & Daniels and the singles matches with Daniels. Maybe I'm at an advantage here, because I've actually seen great Styles matches and those matches weren't great. There's really no comparison between the Styles of 5 years ago and the one now.

I'd much rather see CM Punk vs. Evan Bourne right now. That entertaining, but insignificant, match Bourne had with Jericho is better than I've seen of Styles in quite some time. But like I said, the environment he's in doesn't help.

You seem to have completely forgotten about his matches with Kurt Angle, the match with Sting at BFG, even his match against Wolfe on iMPACT earlier this year. AJ earnt that spot and to imply that the wrestlers in TNA are inferior to the WWE is ridiculous, Kurt Angle's just as good as anyone in the top tier of the WWE, so is AJ, so is Anderson, etc.

A feud between AJ and CM Punk would be great, the two could put on some fantastic matches.

You seem to have completely forgotten about his matches with Kurt Angle,

Nope. Kurt Angle vs. A.J. Styles, gotta be awesome, right? The reality is that they have good matches but they are nowhere near the standard they should be.

the match with Sting at BFG,

There's a word for that match: Average.

even his match against Wolfe on iMPACT earlier this year.

Every Desmond Wolf match in which he's been given a bit of time has been very good. So yeah, CM Punk vs. Desmond Wolfe sounds awesome to me.

AJ earnt that spot

Giving wrestlers a high placing within a promotion because they're perceived to have earned it is the wrong way for a company to go about booking their headliners.

and to imply that the wrestlers in TNA are inferior to the WWE is ridiculous,

Again, I did point out that that A.J. Styles not being as good as he used to be might because of the environment he's in. Nobody is immune from the terrible booking in TNA. That said, the booking in TNA has always been a little suspect.

Kurt Angle's just as good as anyone in the top tier of the WWE,

He wasn't very good last year.

so is Anderson,

No he's not.

Raven, Jesse Neal, Kevin Nash, Sting, ok, ok, you got me.

I'd be happy to see a match between the two but not an entire fued, no. Plus if it were just a match, i'd prepare myself for a 20 minute spotfest and expect nothing more. If anything, i'd be waiting to see what ridiculous moves Punk had in his repetoire that he's never been allowed to use in the 'E'.

As for the PWI thing, isn't that based on who's had the most impactful year in terms of character, angles, championship wins etc and not who has the best wrestling ability? So surely, 'Styles is PWI #1,' is irrelevant, isn't it?

I would like to see a feud between AJ Styles and CM Punk for one reason and one reason only. It would mean that AJ Styles has finally taken the plunge and left TNA to go to the big times and display his craft in WWE. I don't see CM Punk leaving WWE any time soon; why at this stage of his career would he voluntarily leave WWE to take a giant career step backwards to go to TNA, and why at this point in time would WWE release him?

The only way that Punk/Styles happens is in WWE. I for one would love to see it because it would be put up or shut up time for Styles. No one would deny that Styles is very good, but I have always wondered if he appears to be so good because he's a big fish in a very little pond. I would love to see him have the venue to show the world if he is in fact good enough to live up to the hype which surrounds him. If he is the best in the world according to PWI, let him come to the big times and prove it.

It's easy to look good when you are fighting Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, and guys like that. Let's see how good he'd look on a stage of the magnitude of Wrestlemania, wrestling someone like Randy Orton or Triple H or CM Punk. Maybe he'd live up to the hooplah, or maybe he'd be revealed to be the product of IWC that I believe he is to a certain degree.

A face AJ Styles versus a heel CM Punk. Could be classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back