• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you want it to end?

mojmass

Feed Me More
It's been heavily rumored that Chris Jericho well leave after wrestlmania.
So here is an idea on how he leave the company and it's just my opinion and I want to here yours.
Let him win the IC title at WM and become 10 time IC champion and after that on the next RAW he will come out and say goodbye then we have ourselves a tournament for the IC title we can see guys like the Miz, Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston and even some legends like The Honky Tonk Man compete in it.
And the winner ......... The Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome one the Miz.
Then we see Chris Jericho comes out and hands him the title maybe say something like he is going to be the greatest champ and blah blah blah... or offer him to become his manager which I don't think is a good idea or anything else what would you say?

Can't say this idea does anything for me frankly, especially the idea of having the Honky Tonk Man compete in a tourney. The IC title itself has been devalued enough during WM season, so Jericho winning the title at WM for the 10th time only to drop it the next night when he leaves isn't going to help things.

The best use of Jericho at this point in his career is putting other people over. Jericho's great at it, probably better than anyone in wrestling right now. Jericho is someone who is able to lose and not look even remotely bad upon doing it. He's one of the overall best in the world, legitimately. He's a 6 time World Champion, 9 time IC champ and 5 time tag champ in just WWE alone. He's a future Hall of Famer. Jericho is over 40 and he's in great shape and condition, but he's also done everything there is to do. He keeps coming back to WWE during WM season to ultimately have good matches, help put other wrestlers over and, the biggest reason, to make a good chunk of change. Jericho has other stuff he's into at this point in his life. So he'll almost certainly lose at WM, then he'll probably be gone for the rest of the year and then he'll probably pop back up during the same time period in 2014. Barring a huge injury or illness or a MASSIVE falling out with WWE, Jericho will not miss WrestleMania XXX.

Personally, I'd just prefer to see Jericho help get Wade Barrett back on track if they're going to keep him as IC champ. Barrett scored a good win in a great match on RAw, but having him go over Jericho for the title at WM could do Barrett some good. Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to get Jericho vs. Fandango.

Unfortunately this is a moot point, since it looks like we'll see Chris Jericho job to Fandango, rather than any of the dozen great matches he could have put on with worthwhile opponents.

for me i thought it would be better for jericho to fight ziggler. they should have done it with at mania have del rio vs swagger then who ever wins no matter have ziggler cash it in. Ziggler on a high into booker t or teddy says dont forget u still have a match vs jericho wells heres a thought y not a second world heavyweight match. have jericho win and first time ever in maina we get world heavy weight matches

He'll be back. The shame of losing to Fandango is more than enough reason to make anyone want to take a hiatus. That's as fitting an end as any, though. Honestly, the high point of this latest Jericho run was his return at the Royal Rumble. It's been pretty forgettable otherwise. Let him go do Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots: The Series and make some more milquetoast music, and then he'll hopefully have another nostalgia run that culminates in a Hall of Fame induction

Let him win the IC title at WM and become 10 time IC champion....

Anything is possible, of course, but my feeling is that Chris Jericho's championship days are over, at least as long as he insists on sticking around for such short periods of time. At this point in his career, I think he's happy to pick up some giant bucks for performing in the ring, putting over young talent and being a happy warrior, rather than the rabble-rouser he used to be. (His promos are so joyful now that I sometimes wonder where the old Y2J went).

Face it, the man is living life on his own terms. He even has the mighty WWE where he wants them; he can come and go as he pleases, and the company is thrilled whenever he deigns to work for them.

Well, maybe they're not thrilled, but after giving "special privilege contracts" to Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and The Rock, how can they clamp down on Chris Jericho to function under the usual "You perform only for us....and only as we direct" contracts everyone else has to follow?

The upside for Jericho is that he wrestles when only he wants to, and engages in his other projects when he's not wrestling. He's earned the privilege....and he's flexible enough to make it all work when he does come back to WWE. The world is his oyster.

The downside (if he chooses to regard it as such) is that he's not wrestling the Cenas and Punks anymore. He's not really as involved with the company as he used to be, but when a high-profile presence who can put on a great match is needed to job, Jericho is available.

Sure, they might put a transitional title belt on him once in a while, but unless he commits entirely to pro wrestling again (an unlikely event) his championship days are over.

Personally, I would rather have him perform for WWE on an occasional basis than leave it forever. So, it's all good.

I can't help but wonder if Jericho was to face Faaandaaangooo at wrestlemania if it would actually be a very entertaining match. Would the WWE really put all this time and effort into Fandango if he couldn't wrestle? I really don't think the WWE would have wasted the last 2 months promoting this guy if he wasn't worth it. Sure it could be a mistake and he could suck, but I really liked his mic skills this past week on RAW and found myself entertained by it. Just a hunch but I think Fandango is gonna be a good wrestler and since the WWE seems to be very high on him, who else better to put him over than Jericho at Mania

There were those rumors about the IC title tournament. I do like the idea of him winning his 10th title and vacating to set up a tournament of sorts. It would also let Barrett get his main-event push that he deserves and needs. The IC belt could be given to someone younger - Fandango, The Shield, Bo Dallas. etc.

Jericho will leave after Mania but will be back at Summerslam or next years Royal Rumble.

The IC title itself has been devalued enough during WM season, so Jericho winning the title at WM for the 10th time only to drop it the next night when he leaves isn't going to help things.

I agree that the IC title was devalued recently but I don't think having Jericho win it and say goodbye a day after that thus leaving the title vacant would devalue it more, these words are right when he lose it in a match only a day after he wins it not if he just leave it there.

Honestly? I really dont think giving Y2J the belt will help its value at the moment. I would love for him to win it but it wont help.
I want to see this match between Jericho and Fandango. I think if it pushes Fandango and he gets the Jericho style matches that everyone loves I would like to see the belt on Fandango. You could have people chasing the IC belt again and they would have even more reason to try and shut Fandango up as a character because he would be bragging.

I would like to see Jericho put over someone ( its what he is best at now ) and really give them his approval and blessing. Let the WWE universe know how hard a particular guy works and let them back him.

Jericho indeed at this point in his career is just to put the younger talent over. He does a very good job at that,and he is more than happy to do so. Him winning the IC strap at WM for the 10th time will do very little if anything to help bring back the IC title to its high status it used to be..

Jericho is over 40 and is in better shape than i have ever seen him in. I dont wanna see the IC title being used as a hot potato like all the titles were in past years. I believe in Wade i do,he can bring the IC strap to its prestigious status it used to be. I just for the love of God wanna see him face Fahnnn Dahnnn Go at WM! Fahnnnn Dahnnn Go is not even close to being ready to step in a ring IMO with the likes of Y2J! Have him battle Wade at WM lose cleanly and see him next WM season in yet another entertaining battle

I think this is a great idea... if there's gonna be an 18-second Bryan moment this year it'll be Fandango losing his big debut to Jericho in quick order. Think about it, it gives the fans a feelgood moment that takes less than 5 minutes to build and puts Jericho in position to win his 10th IC title... He does from Barrett in a stonker of a match on RAW but gets injured by Fandango in revenge, thus setting up the much mooted Tourney and threatening Y2J's career. (I say just make it King Of The Ring and have the IC as the prize this time)

Jericho can then come back later in the year when Fandango is a little bit more established, possibly IC champion himself and they feud and have some fun, remember Jericho did Dancing with The Stars... first Jericho isn't cleared to wrestle..."but I can dance", challenges FD to a dance off and an IC match if he wins and brings his mystery partner in... Stacy Keibler, who did very well in it... Cue the win, a big payday for Stacy and rest of feud would be memorable... This shit really does write itself if you really think about it.

I do not want Jericho to wrestle Fandango. It's a horrible gimmick that will curse Johnny Curtis to the future-endeavours-wished-list earlier than we all think. Even Jericho won't be able to get it over.

Personally, I'd like to see Jericho feud with Daniel Bryan and Kofi before he retires. These are guys who should be put over, not this guaranteed WrestleCrap induction and Red Rooster-esque career-killing gimmick.

Him and Ziggler would of been nice was to end it he could of even went out with a win and Ziggler could cash in and win the title and there for you still have Ziggler winning a Mania as well. I also wouldn’t of mind if he was one of the members to face the shield and then they could take him out at Mania or the next night on Raw. There are so many possibilities to bad creative can’t think of them. It must not be in their job description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back