• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you think the DX Storyline will play out?

MikeKillam

Pre-Show Stalwart
Summerslam: DX vs. Legacy
The question is, what's next for the dynamic duo after the biggest party of the Summer? Will they stay together as DX? Will they break out on their own again? Will both of them remain active? Heel or face?

I definitely see a lack of options for WWE if they chose to keep them together...
-DX vs. Legacy II, III, etc...
-DX vs. Chris Jericho and Big Show
-SOMEHOW, DX vs. the Hart Dynasty (I have no idea how this would happen, but somebody on Wrestlezone said it was a definite possibility, so we'll see what goes down).
-DX/Cena vs. Legacy/Orton

If they split them up again there are a lot more options. I honestly would like to see a HBK heel run. I know it never happens, and he's probably the most underused legend ever, and definitely the best legend with the least amount of title runs... but I would really like to see an HBK World Title run, and it would be even better if he was a heel. I can see him running an excellent program with Randy Orton as a face, or Triple H/Cena as a heel. I know, we've seen it a million times, but never as with HBK as a heel...well, almost never.

So what does everybody else think? Should they stay together or split up? Do you think there's a World Title run in HBK's future? Maybe a heel turn?

I hope Shawn gets one last title run heel or face. I would like to see him moved to smackdown and hold world title up to Wreslemania. They need a big name with edge's injury. he could fude with punk. Morason and HBK could be great.Then HBK vrs. Edge at Wreashelania.(after edge wins Roale Rumble) I like DX but it is so old Maby if both HHH and HBK went Heel it would be better but it won't hapen. we will most likely see a repeat of DX VRS. Sprit Squad from a few years back. i am not instried in that.
I would love to see Big things out of HBK I will miss him when he retires but he will always be the showStopper
(I CAN"T SPELL SORRY)

Those matches listed above are probably all possibilites. Since the WWE is already advertising a DX invasion tour or something, they'll probably stay together through then.

I really don't see much of an opening for anything significant to happen after Summerslam. Maybe the program with Legacy will last a little while. It could prove to be a huge stepping stone for Ted and Cody. Or maybe a Tag Title run. You know, people will bitch and moan about DX being old news, but they have never been Tag Champs. It's likely they will just split up and do their own things for a while. There is a mid card full of young stars that HBK could help advance.

I think they should give HBK one last title run before his time runs out.DX Continue until the Rumble where Shawn lies to HHH that he has a sore back and can't compete tonight.Triple H is eliminating somebody(could be Orton,Cena,Carlito,anyone).Triple H is working on eliminating that guy and then Shawn Michaels comes out as number 30,sweet chin musics Triple H but HHH rolls out of the ring and then HBK pushes Carlito out of the ring.HBK Thinks he won the match but then Triple H throws HBK out of the ring.Triple H is the winner.Then at No Way Out,Triple H vs HBK.HBK Sweet Chin Musics HHH then he gets a chair and beats Triple H.The guest host or Vince McMahon or Stephanie McMahon can make the match,HHH vs HBK Hell in a Cell career threatening match for the WWE championship.Triple H wins then MITB winner Randy Orton tries to cash in but John Cena comes in and F-Us Randy Orton.John Cena helps Triple H up but then F-Us him too.It would be great to see HBK's last match a great HIAC.Especially at WM.

they could be trying to revive the tag team division while simultaneously boosting mid carders with giving a rub to legacy via DX, just as cryme tyme will against jericho/big show

I see DX, win or lose at SummerSlam, sticking around at least until the end of the year and maybe into the Royal Rumble. I think their feud with Legacy will continue until at least the Survivor Series and then they may work a short program with the Hart Dynasty or with Show/Y2J.

Like them or not, DX sells tickets. They put butts 18 inches apart in arenas everywhere they're advertised. They receive a huge pop every time they step through the curtain. Because they're still capable of doing that, it means they're good for business and we all know that WWE will do what's best for business and for money at that time.

Ok, so DX is officially back together.

This is the 4th phase of this: 1)Formation in 1997, 2)Brief reunion in July 2002, 3)Reunion in June 2006, 4)Now back again in August 2009

In their formation they were both heels, In 2002, it was Triple H who turned on Michaels and this led to their feud program, in 2006 they reunited and it was a successful run, it may have lasted longer but Triple H got injured,

Now, the only thing we havent seen is Michaels turning on Triple H, we've seen heel-heel, face-face, Triple H turning on Michaels, but we have yet to see Michaels turning on Triple H.

If Michaels were to retire next year this would make perfect sense for him to turn on Triple H because Triple H is well accepted as a face now, and we know how well Michaels can play the heel role, plus this leading Triple H to have one more match against Michaels and perhaps retiring for him for good.

as a huge HBK fan, I love the idea of him turning heel one more time and maybe a final match with The Game. I think they should tease tension between the two a la The Rockers in the 90's and then have Michaels kick Triple H's head off with some sweet chin music. This would most likely lead to a Wrestlemania match between the two. This match would be the main event no doubt on the card and would obviously steal the show

I honestly don't see this DX reunion culminating into anything big. I think it mainly was a vehicle to bring Shawn back after time off and a way to move Trips off of Randy Orton and to DiBiase/Rhodes. Both guys have said that they don't want to bring DX back permanently. They'll team up, beat Legacy and go their separate ways again. I don't see Shawn retiring until next Wrestlemania. Will it be against Trips? Possibly. But I don't see Michaels as the heel in that contest. Shawn's a megaface, while Trips has been a face for a while as well, but can turn heel in a snap. Plus, usually when a guy retires through a retirement match, they retire him as a face as a way to thank him for his service to the company. With Shawn, I don't see that changing. I think Trips has said in the past he'd like to make one last heel run, so don't be surprised to see him turn on Shawn at some point near WM and those two face off in what could be Shawn's last match. Who else would he face in a retirement match but Hunter?

But, you never know. Seeing HBK as the heel and HHH as the face does sound pretty interesting.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling HBK will win the title sometime this year. Triple H vs HBK at WrestleMania is bound to happen. I think the storyline will be HHH being annoyed of the "comeback" and trying to sabatoge Shawn leading to their match. I think Shawn would win ONE MORE TIME at the biggest show of them all and eventually lose the belt at Backlash.

I'd really love it to end with HBK turning on Triple H to feud with him, thus keeping Triple H away from the Main Event and the WWE Title for even longer.

Seeing as how it looks like Cena has the possibly of turning heel rather soon (that teamwork with Orton was great) and Legacy is slowly dissolving (no tag belts = not useful according to Orton) I think that DX will continue to be together until the RR.

I could see them doing their little run then HBK gives HHH a superkick and does that blank stare towards the ground like he always does when he turns heel and they battle at WM. Then Michaels retires.

all shawn has stated from a retirement stand point is that he'll take a hiatus from the ring till his kids r full grown then he'll return for a long run. DX vs the hart dynasty only can happen if dx or the hart dynasty were tag champs or the the harts get traded to raw.

I predict that nothing exciting will result of the DX pairing. I don't think anyone is turning Heel, even though Triple H needs to badly turn Heel at this point. That is what should transpire, and I think maybe it may be time for Orton to turn Face. I just don't see them doing it.

So, again, I wouldn't expect anything big to happen as a result of this latest DX pairing. I really wish they would stop teaming together as DX, but I guess they have more DX glowsticks and other T-shirts to get rid of.

However, what they did with the little girl last night was the best thing I've seen done from them in a long time. Much better than the juvenile "poopy" humor crap they've done the past several times.

I've always like DX reunions. I would be happy with DX comedy for a little while then going their seperate ways, HBK going for the title and HHH doing something like a feud with Cena or something.

I see DX sticking around for a while, it's possible that the team could also be used to help build up Rhodes and DiBiase, though I'm not holding my breath on that. Ultimately, I think it's going to wind up with one or the other turning heel and stabbing their partner in the back.

If DX stays together past the end of this year, I expect to see a turn sometime around the Royal Rumble and HBK vs. HHH for WM 26.

DX and Legacy will play out for while not that long but will have its runs
DX and Jericho and Show will be the next likely feud seeing they are the Tage Champs the two most senior guys in the Tag Division.

Michaels just sat out 4 months, so I doubt he will retire. JR hinted that he WASN'T going to. I can see them getting the tag belts, but dropping them to a younger team while HBK turns on HHH and becomes a heel again. He might get the title for a month or so, but not a major run.

I think this will end up in DX vs Leagacy 2,3,4 ...damm im running out of fingers. The WWE are obvisously trying to make Di Bibiasi and Rhodes into two credible looking main eventers and what a better way to do it than a feud with DX. We all know the credibility between HBK and HHH and a win over DX could certinly help the pair.

I fully expect DX to win the first of the bouts. I would'nt expect VKM to let HBK lose his first match back.

I wish that BG and Kip James would return as the outlaws to WWE with DX, even if just for nostalgia. It would be cool if DX wins and then Legacy starts a beat down somehow with weapons or something or Orton helping. Then the Outlaws come out to help, that would be a big moment. Of course it probably wouldn't happen as they are still under contract and I think Kip and BG hate HHH in real life. I wouldn't mind also if Waltman returned instead and helped, could lead to a three on three match with Legacy..

Sadly there are only two ways to ever end a DX reunion. An injury or a heel turn

While the logical choice would be HHH turning on HBK I think its time for the long awaited HBK heel turn.

They stay together throughout the end of the year building up the tag division putting over Legacy, Hart Dynasty, Y2Show

At the Royal Rumble have HBK sweet chin music HHH out of the ring costing him the match. The next night on Raw have HHH come out saying he doesn't blame Shawn it was a chance for the title and he would've done the same thing.

HBK comes out and tells HHH he did what he had to do they shake hands when HHH goes to leave HBK superkicks him. He tells HHH he's tired of living in his shadow he's the showstopper. He made Hunter who he is and he's no ones sidekick. HHH challenges HBK to a match at Wrestlemania

as much as i would love to see hbk as a heel vs hhh, i do not think it will work you cannot bs the fans, everybody will know it is not real because they are very close friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back