• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Could Steiner Fit in With Fortune?

QBall111

Occasional Pre-Show
Let's play along that them was not MEM all the time. Steiner shows two weeks ago at Impact leading us to believe that MEM is "They." Turns out this week that They was Fortune. A very shocking swerve as it is. However you see guys like Angle, Anderson, Crimson, and STEINER standing behind Fortune last night at the end of Impact. I can understand Crimson, Angle, and Anderson could have some alignment with Fortune, but what about Steiner? Which also goes with where is Ric Flair?

My idea is to see Steiner as the new voice/mentor of Fortune and push Flair to the side. That could be the reason Flair has been gone because he's been pushed out. In times it seems like Flair always sided with Bischoff when Bischoff would rip into Styles backstage. So keep Flair aligned with Immortal and Steiner be the new voice/mentor of Fortune, but still, what was the storyline around getting him to be the new voice.

Who says Steiner (or even Angle and Crimson) are a part of Fourtune all of a sudden? They were a means to an ends (planned from the start or not). They're not part of Foutune — they're simply associated with them right now.

Fourtune is AJ Styles, Beer Money, Inc. and Kazarian, just as it has been since the inception of the group (casting aside the momentary addition of Desmond Wolfe).

Steiner, Angle and Crimson were simply "red herrings" in this instance, especially Crimson (again, planned from the start or not). They just so happen to also have beef with Immortal. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

How could Steiner have fit in? Well, being that he is an old, injury prone, career overrated, classless piece of useless shit, who cannot even move anymore..........I would say "as a paperweight" perhaps.

Who says Steiner (or even Angle and Crimson) are a part of Fourtune all of a sudden? They were a means to an ends (planned from the start or not). They're not part of Foutune — they're simply associated with them right now.

Fourtune is AJ Styles, Beer Money, Inc. and Kazarian, just as it has been since the inception of the group (casting aside the momentary addition of Desmond Wolfe).

Steiner, Angle and Crimson were simply "red herrings" in this instance, especially Crimson (again, planned from the start or not). They just so happen to also have beef with Immortal. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

THIS. They are temporary allies. Steiner isn't joining Fourtune, neither will Angle or Crimson.

But, how is this an even feud now? Immortal has Bischoff, The Hardy Brothers, Jeff Jarrett, Rob Terry and Gunner & Murphy. Abyss is dead (?), Hogan isn't around, and Bischoff/Gunner/Murphy are a complete joke, physically.

Meanwhile, Fourtune has A.J. Styles, Beer Money, Kaz, and temporary allies Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner, and Crimson. And let's not forget about Ken Anderson, RVD and Matt Morgan, who are also doing battle with Immortal at this point in time.

Steiner will not become a full-blown member of Fourtune. He doesn't fit the mold, he's too old, and I don't think he was brought in with the intention of having him side with Fourtune in the first place. He'll fight along side them, for however long it takes...well, until Bischoff/Russo decide it's time for another swerve :lmao:

THIS. They are temporary allies. Steiner isn't joining Fourtune, neither will Angle or Crimson.

But, how is this an even feud now? Immortal has Bischoff, The Hardy Brothers, Jeff Jarrett, Rob Terry and Gunner & Murphy. Abyss is dead (?), Hogan isn't around, and Bischoff/Gunner/Murphy are a complete joke, physically.

Meanwhile, Fourtune has A.J. Styles, Beer Money, Kaz, and temporary allies Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner, and Crimson. And let's not forget about Ken Anderson, RVD and Matt Morgan, who are also doing battle with Immortal at this point in time.

Steiner will not become a full-blown member of Fourtune. He doesn't fit the mold, he's too old, and I don't think he was brought in with the intention of having him side with Fourtune in the first place. He'll fight along side them, for however long it takes...well, until Bischoff/Russo decide it's time for another swerve :lmao:

Unless I'm completely losing it, the majority of the time when two factions feud, the sides are never equal. Going back to DX and the Nation, or Undertaker's Ministry of Darkness (and then the supergroup Corporate Ministry), hell even now with the New Nexus and the Corre, which I believe stands at 5 members to 4, respectively....anyway i digress. Steiner IMO was brought in to be that swerve to get everyone thinking MEM 2.0, and who knows, maybe that was Plan A for this recent "They" angle. Obviously it fell apart with Nash/Booker and possibly Sting going to WWE now, but maybe Dixie and creative knew what they were doing the whole damn time (I know a TON of people in the IWC think Dixie's a complete dipshit moron, I don't have an opinion about her personally)...Steiner will never be a part of Fortune, and he may just be forgotten about altogether, if MEM 2.0 was the initial plan.

Unless I'm completely losing it, the majority of the time when two factions feud, the sides are never equal. Going back to DX and the Nation, or Undertaker's Ministry of Darkness (and then the supergroup Corporate Ministry), hell even now with the New Nexus and the Corre, which I believe stands at 5 members to 4, respectively....anyway i digress. Steiner IMO was brought in to be that swerve to get everyone thinking MEM 2.0, and who knows, maybe that was Plan A for this recent "They" angle. Obviously it fell apart with Nash/Booker and possibly Sting going to WWE now, but maybe Dixie and creative knew what they were doing the whole damn time (I know a TON of people in the IWC think Dixie's a complete dipshit moron, I don't have an opinion about her personally)...Steiner will never be a part of Fortune, and he may just be forgotten about altogether, if MEM 2.0 was the initial plan.

Correct, but it's also never been the case that the face faction out-muscled or out-membered heel faction they were feuding with at the time.

Right now Fourtune is aligned with Steiner, Anderson, Angle and Crimson (at least), which makes for an 8-on-7 advantage for the face faction since the only wrestlers in Immortal right now are Jeff & Matt Hardy, Abyss, Jarrett, Rob Terry, Gunner and Murphy.

In terms of story-line, this makes little sense. The heels are supposed to be the ones with the stacked card so the faces can triumphantly win in the end.

Correct, but it's also never been the case that the face faction out-muscled or out-membered heel faction they were feuding with at the time.

Right now Fourtune is aligned with Steiner, Anderson, Angle and Crimson (at least), which makes for an 8-on-7 advantage for the face faction since the only wrestlers in Immortal right now are Jeff & Matt Hardy, Abyss, Jarrett, Rob Terry, Gunner and Murphy.

In terms of story-line, this makes little sense. The heels are supposed to be the ones with the stacked card so the faces can triumphantly win in the end.

It's true but I will say it now, Bischoff will bring in reinforcements to Immortal, when AJ cut the promo about bringing in guys that do not belong in the TNA or pro-wrestling for that matter. I think it will lead to Bischoff getting more help for Immortal and turning the numbers side against Fourtune.

With Jarrett and Karen set to renew there vows on Impact you can bet the feud with Angle/Jarrett to continue.

For anyone who wants to call IDR a blind mark, read this, and shut up.

Heel factions NEED to have the "deck stacked." It's the main point of having a heel faction. If the deck isn't stacked, what would be the point?

Steiner coming back works in a lot of ways. He's an established name who gives some credibility to the forces working against Immortal and the administrative power they currently hold. Let's not forget that he's a total loose cannon, and could go off anytime on national television..that's always a plus in my book. Also, we're from the same city ;)

But actually joining Fourtune would be a terrible idea. Flair put this group of young guys together to avoid exactly what Steiner would bring; an older guy butting in where younger guys belong. Flair put this squad together to get them "to the next level." Putting Steiner in there just wouldn't work.

It's true but I will say it now, Bischoff will bring in reinforcements to Immortal, when AJ cut the promo about bringing in guys that do not belong in the TNA or pro-wrestling for that matter. I think it will lead to Bischoff getting more help for Immortal and turning the numbers side against Fourtune.

With Jarrett and Karen set to renew there vows on Impact you can bet the feud with Angle/Jarrett to continue.

Oh, I don't doubt it, I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of some kind of double swerve where guys like Angle, Steiner, Anderson, etc. double-turn and cross Fourtune as a means to up the numbers in Immortal again.

Frankly, I'd rather he find reinforcements elsewhere.

Guys like Gunner, Murphy and Rob Terry are fodder to Immortal. Terry works fine as muscle, but frankly Gunner and Murphy just do not belong there and they hurt the credibility of the stable as a whole.

Steiner doesn't fit in with Fourtune at all. He only fit in with MEM, and when that fell through at the last second this is what we got. But, a guarantee that Steiner will soon be part of another Russo swerve and he'll join Immortal. I guarantee it! He was in the nWo, he has history with Bischoff, Hogan, and Jarrett. And they'll probably use this as a chance, if Flair does come back, to pit Steiner vs. Flair and have them cut shoot promos on one another like Russo loves. Oh, it's going to happen! :lol:

one of the things you can use to say that TNA did have plans to reform/use MEM was the return of Steiner.
if Crimson and even Angle were going to have it end up Fortune being "THEY" they what was the point of bringing back Steiner? Crimson/Angle could have still had Fortune turn on Immortal with no part of Steiner. only thing Steiner did was clear the ring when Immortal was beating down Angle. that could have been done with anyone of the faces like Anderson/Morgan/RVD/ect.

now that Steiner IS there, what does he do? I also think it could be good for Steiner to join Immortal. it could be yet another swerve that Russo loves. Steiner also fits better as a heel IMO.

whether its Steiner or not, I would assume with the current people in Immortal that they are going to be adding. you want more regular wrestlers than JHardy, MHardy, Jarrett, Abyss, Terry. and I don't consider Gunner/Murphy.

He is not a part of Fortune. It is likely going to be booked that Steiner, Angle and whoever else, are on the same side as opposition for Immortal. I think the affiliation with Fortune and Steiner will fade out fast.

I actually can see Steiner turning and joining Immortal with Bischoff. I believe that will be a swerve coming soon.

He's not apart of Fourtune, He's just allies with them now.I marked out hard when Steiner returned haha Steiner's the man.Give him the mic and you'll always have an entertaining promo.

The OP needs to rewind the DvR and look at the ending again.I'm guessing the OP is a mark, because Bischoff clearly stated "You four people(fortune) you four punks(young wrestlers) in the ring".Although Anderson and Angle crew was in the ring neither Bischoff or AJ was directly talking about them.

Why do people continue to jump the gun in regards to TNA?Watch the segment again and see your thread is meaningless.Steiner is an the group with Angle and nothing more.

Some people on this board need to get there head out of their fourth point of contact.

Matter of fact here the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXL6cubVxfM

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back