How come?

ctln4rko

Pre-Show Stalwart
Dear fellow posters
This is my third thread. Again, if there is a thread concerning this, i am deeply sorry, but i do not see one so
We all know Kaval was senshi in tna, and was an x division champ. He was Lo ki, and on youtube, I saw a match from 2002/2003, and i forget who he was facing, but Low Ki had a match in WWE, i think on velocity and sunday night heat. So why would they fire him, and bring him back after 8 years of Kaval going around the world?
Same with Daniel bryan- had a 2002 match with john cena, now brought back after 7/8 years of being with ROH, the most successful independent brand, and others. Why fire him and bring him back?
Soon I will have open ended questions, i assure you

They weren't as popular as they are now. The WWE are trying to appeal to the fans on the internet. Once these guys became "internet darlings" the WWE snatched them right up. In 2003 they were just a couple of rookies that didn't establish themselves as great technitions they are today. another reason may be because they didn't have a lack of talent back then. In 2003 they had guys who could wrestle like Guererro, Benoit, Angle, Lesnar and tons more. These days guys like these two are some of the last true "wrestlers" left, that's why the WWE came running back to them.

Maybe they simply were'nt ready in the WWE's eyes. If they dont view any of the opposing competition a threat now like they say, they certainly didnt then. So they didnt have to worry about them being snatched up by someone else. Also, there wasnt such as need like now to bring in new talent because of vets leaving and whatnot. It could be any one of those factors or a combination of all. I simply think they thought they werent ready in the WWE's eyes and simply didnt see enough in them to warrant signing them then at that point for whatever reason (Maybe looks, experience, skill, etc...)

They were tryout matches. They did not have long term deals or were officially signed to WWE. They are only signed now as they are internet fanboy favourites. Next on the list is Tyler Black, not sure if he will do as well as there is no more NXT.

Neither Bryan or Kaval were Bryan and Kaval back then (if that makes sense). They were still green and weren't the finished product you see today. I don't think Kaval would be the wrestler he was today if he signed with the WWE back then, and given his size, unless he starts to collect a rey mysterio type following as the little underdog, I don't think he'll ever be a big fish in the WWE pond (as much as I like him). Daniel Bryan has a chance of being duplicating the success of Chris Benoit, but needs to lose the smile and put some more angry emotion behind his interviews. Both owe their success today by NOT being signed back then IMO.

They weren't as popular as they are now. The WWE are trying to appeal to the fans on the internet. Once these guys became "internet darlings" the WWE snatched them right up. In 2003 they were just a couple of rookies that didn't establish themselves as great technitions they are today. another reason may be because they didn't have a lack of talent back then. In 2003 they had guys who could wrestle like Guererro, Benoit, Angle, Lesnar and tons more. These days guys like these two are some of the last true "wrestlers" left, that's why the WWE came running back to them.

I wouldn't say it was an internet thing. Remember, the IWC only makes up a small percentage of WWE's audience. And i would disagree with the whole 'running back to them' statement. WWE placed an offer on the table and both guys took it. They didn't beg them to sign, they just put an offer on the table and let them make their own minds up. Besides, if WWE really wanted them that bad, don't you think they'ld be getting bigger pushes than what they're getting? Kaval just lost clean to Chavo Guerrero; do you really think they were begging him to come to WWE to do that?

I think the main reason is they weren't ready at the time. The Daniel Bryan one is a good example. He's a brilliant in-ring competitor and he perfected his craft by working in places like Japan and Mexico and even ROH. Bryan wouldn't have learnt the things he has learnt by going through FCW's cookie-cutter school. Sure, he did go to FCW to polish up but he mastered his craft in ROH. Same with AJ. As much potential as he showed in his try-out match, he wasn't ready so he learnt from workign in TNA and is now one of the best wrestlers in the world.

I think WWE just thought they weren't ready at the time. WWE has released many people in the past only to rehire them down the road after they gain experience in the indys or overseas. They also had guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Alex Shelly wrestle on Heat and Velocity. I don't think anyone of them were under contract except Danielson I read was once under a developmental deal back in '03 and '04.

A few years back, I watched an interview Triple H gave regarding the WWE hiring talent. I can't recall exactly where I saw it, maybe off of a DVD, but Triple H said that wrestling had changed to such a degree that it wasn't common for the WWE to be looking at guys that'd only been in the business for a year or two and most of them didn't have the experience or even the maturity level that the WWE would like.

Guys like Kaval and Bryan Danielson have wrestled all over the world and, without any question, have definitely paid their dues. They're still young but, at the same time, they're not green 20 year old kids just trying to break into wrestling. When it comes to the WWE, I think that things probably have worked out for the best in the way things have turned out for Kaval and Danielson. If they'd actually, truly been with the company in the first half of this decade, they probably would have been just lost in the fray.

For the most part in the Velocity/Heat days, guys like Low-Ki, Danielson, Samoa Joe, Alex Shelly, AJ Styles were all local wrestlers in the respective areas where the show was taped. They were hired to do a one night 'job', some were tryout matches, some were straight "put-em-over" jobs. Here in New York Low-Ki was considered a wrestling god for USA-Pro and IPW. Him, Xavier, Prince Nana, and Quiet Storm worked WWE dark matches, house shows, pre-tapes all the time.

I don't think WWE was looking to bring any of them in on a permanent basis.
I think BD got a development deal more through his association with HBK's school than any match he had.

Unless someone actually WOW'd backstage agents they weren't really being evaluated. And even if they did wow'em, it might come across as putting yourself over and would be detrimental.

There are probably afew different reasons for this. Firstly WWE didn't think they were ready, at this time they weren't indy legends or IWC gods they were just a couple of good technical wrestlers with very little mic skills and probably very little charisma, at this time the WWE already had a lot of technical wrestlers in Angle, Benoit, Guerrero and Lesnar so hiring two more would be redundant. Also as I said they werent "big names" in the indys yet so by hiring them they werent going to draw a crowd where as hiring them today WWE knew they were going to draw in some guys who only watched indys.

I think i'd agree with the majority so far and put it down to either:

A) They were local guys there for a one night thing and were never going to get signed in the first place, no matter how well they performed.
B) The 'E' didn't feel there was anything special about them and felt they were too 'green'.
C) The roster was already jam packed with technical marvels, putting on clinics on a weekly basis, so why bother hiring two more?

Now, in 2010, we seem to be having a rebirth for technical wrestlers in the WWE, in the fact that you have Daniel Bryan on the roster, Alberto Del Rio seems to be a decent grappler, and everything Jack Swagger does now seems to relate to amatuer wrestling and his 'All American' background, instead of just being his gimmick, so i think that's why these guys have been signed now, instead of earlier.

When talking about Kaval, they also seem to be more willing to use the guys who do all the high spots again. John Morrison gets used fairly well and he's a damn spot monkey, as is wasshisface from Nexus, ol' 450 Splash matey, so maybe that's why he Kaval's suddenly being given a run in the 'E'.

Now people say that they aren't going to push him because he lost to Chavo Guerrero, the jobber of all jobbers in the WWE (because hey, even Santino wins now and again), but i don't think losing to Chavo actually hurts Kaval THAT much.

Even though we all know he's been travelling around the globe for years honing his craft, he is being presented on the WWE stage as a rookie. Chavo Guerrero is a 3rd Generation, 20 year veteran, FACT, not just storyline.

So based on that, would you really expect the 'rookie' to go over the 3rd Gen Vet? I certainly wouldn't, and if he did i'd expect it to be due to interference or cheating.

Basically, don't give up on the guy just yet. Remember DB didn't win a single match on NXT and actually left the show, and yet he's the first guy to win a belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back