How being looked at as the third Brand is hurting NXT

I don’t think nxt being booked as the third brand hurts it at all. In fact I think that’s why it’s so popular. Raw and smack down focus primarily on the sports entertainment and storylines, a lot of horrible storylines that either make no sense, or the fans end up not even caring about. Nxt on the other hand focuses on letting their roster showcase more of what they can really do, and HHH to his credit had let the fans decide who succeeds because of it. Nxts pay previews out did Raw and smack downs the entire year of 2017 and it wasn’t even close. A lot of times their opening match would be better then raw and smack downs main event. They never miss a step either.

I don’t think nxt being booked as the third brand hurts it at all. In fact I think that’s why it’s so popular. Raw and smack down focus primarily on the sports entertainment and storylines, a lot of horrible storylines that either make no sense, or the fans end up not even caring about. Nxt on the other hand focuses on letting their roster showcase more of what they can really do, and HHH to his credit had let the fans decide who succeeds because of it. Nxts pay previews out did Raw and smack downs the entire year of 2017 and it wasn’t even close. A lot of times their opening match would be better then raw and smack downs main event. They never miss a step either.

I don't see NXT as a third brand, and here is why.

NXT should have matches on the main WWE cards to be considered on the same level.

For example, Wrestlemania should have a NXT World Title match, an NXT Tag-Team Title match and an NXT Women's Title match. By having all three brands on the biggest shows, it makes NXT look equal to RAW and SD!

I would like to see RR have 10 RAW, 10 SD and 10 NXT stars in the Rumble (both men's and women's) and the main NXT Titles being defended on the big four shows. Also, I would like to see an NXT "Money-In-The-Bank" Match.

All of these things will elevate the NXT talent, and expose them to a wider audience, some of who don't get NXT where they live. I would have liked to have seen Bobby Roode, Shinsuke and others at WM or Summerslam while they were still in NXT. Let's see them on the big stage, and see how they handle themselves. Why not take the risk and throw some of them out there onto the big stage.

I remember one time John Cena telling Stephanie that Seth Rollins had to defend both his U.S. and WWE Titles at "Night Of Champions" before ALL titles are meant to be on the line (I know that it didn't happen this year either, because of the ridiculous brand extension). But I remember thinking "Okay then, so how come the NXT Titles aren't defended at "Night Of Champions" (which is what it was called back then), if every title in WWE is on the line?"

Another idea I think would be cool.

Why not have RAW or SD Live talent go to NXT in the draft lottery?

I mean underutilised talent.

Let me take someone like Goldust for an example. Now, Goldust isn't getting much TV time. So why not move him to NXT?

Imagine it. You could have him feud with someone like Velveteen Dream. They could team together, or fight each other. The point is, by NXT talent working with "names", it will advance their ringwork and stickwork quicker.

Goldust is a trainer anyway, so he could teach NXT talent by having matches with them on the show, and he can put them over. It would be win-win, as NXT talent would learn from a veteran, and Goldust would get TV time and storylines (talent would rather be working than not being on TV).

You could move people like Goldust, R-Truth, Alicia Fox and even the Big Show to NXT. This gives them things to do, and put over talent at the same time. The NXT talent then learn from people who have been in the big time.

How would you feel about an idea like this?

I viewed ECW as the WWE’s “3rd brand”. I looked at ECW as the “expansion team” in the WWE “League”. ECW was on television. ECW was making picks, alongside Raw and Smackdown, in the WWE draft from 2006 – 2009. ECW was WWE’s “3rd brand”.

I don’t view NXT as the WWE’s “3rd brand”. I look at NXT as the "college team" in the WWE “League”. NXT is exclusive on the WWE Network. NXT is only being picked from, by Raw and Smackdown, in the WWE draft from 2016 – present. NXT is WWE’s developmental brand.

Now, as I've said in the past about ECW, I would definitely love the idea of Raw and Smackdown SuperStars being drafted to NXT. I'd like to see WWE Legends such as Undertaker, John Cena, Randy Orton, and Brock Lesnar take a "break" from the road, and do a 3 month stint in Orlando, culminating in a match at NXT Takeover. This could really help the “rookies” get over, win, lose, or draw. If they’re going to be learning down there, they may as well be taught by the “best”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back