• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Horrible Band Names

Merwin

STICK RPG 2 YAY!
Every once in a while you see a band names that you think The Namer Must of been Snifing some Funky Granola When they thought of the Name So what do you think are Horrible Band Names??

My top three are in no Order what so ever

1. Simple Plan
Yes i am a small fan of them but What is the Simple Plan if it is so Simple why haven't they done this "Simple Plan"? Also is there ever a Complex Plan? Overall Strange name for a Band In my opinion

2. Jimmy Eat world
if this Jimmy fella ate the world Where are we?

3. We butter the breads with Butter

When i first Saw this Name i was thinking The Hell..
What else would they Butter it with Jam?
But it is a Screamo band

Post Some Band Names you Dislike..

Oh God, there are sooooo many awful band names I could think of. The first of which that springs to mind is

The The I mean really guys? Someone really thought this was a good idea???

"A"- Yes I understand that choosing this name will make you the 1st band entry in any book of records that is organised in alphabetical order, but it stops people from finding you when you use a search engine on the Internet, and it just looks and sounds awful.

Puddle Of Mudd- Good band, but who came up with the idea to name the band this? It just doesnt make any sense to me, whoever chose that name must have been high as a kite.

There is also a band with the name !!!- I don't know how to say it...and it annoys me. Plus their style of indie music is absolutely awful

Honorable mentions include: Death Cab For Cutie, Does It Offend You Yeah?, and The Butthole Surfers

Rotting Christ

Bad name topped off by bad music. I saw this band in a metal magazine and the review the got was terrible. I thought the name sucked right away and could tell it was for shock value only. I checked out some of their music and it is just as if not worse than the bands name. If you want a good laugh check out this death metal band.

EDIT: I just noticed this is in the non-spam section.

Cancer Bats is another that fucks me right off. Why call your band after a disease that destroys the lives of so many people?? Purely to be controversial. All it makes me think is that the band is made up of a load of *****.

Lady Gaga- When I first heard her name I just started laughing and until I heard her music which was bearable and figured that the name suits her I didn't like this name.
(^This isn't exactly a band name, can we do solo artist's as well?)

The Script-they are the only band that I dislike everything about, the music, look, and name (of course) I don't like the name, I find it to be un-appealing.

Amy Meredith- These guys are just getting their big breakthrough in Australia being nominated for ARIA awards and I like their stuff but the name instantly makes me think "another Lady group" but they're actually guys so the weird factor kicks in here.

Honourable mention's-Men At Work, NSYNC, Boyzone, Maroon 5

The Script-they are the only band that I dislike everything about, the music, look, and name (of course) I don't like the name, I find it to be un-appealing.

You hate The Script??? BOOOOOOOO! They are actually ok, I am not usually a fan of that sort of music, but through my girlfriend I actually like The Script :)

Some more shocking band names I can think of are:

The Saturdays- I am not a fan of naming my group after a day of the week. The Happy Mondays is ok, as it is referencing The Boomtown Rats "I dont like Mondays", but The Saturdays?? Come on girls, the name sucks.

Guano Apes- I do like this German nu-metal band, but the name actually means Poo Monkeys....which I do not like. And now I like them less

Peanut Butter Wolf- He is a rapper who appeared on the WWF Aggression CD. I thought the name was hilarious back then, and now I am still confused as to why anyone would use it as their rap name? When there are cool names such as Eminem and Warren G, how did this guy think Peanut Butter Wolf was going to be his ticket to fame?

Korn

Don't get me wrong, I've been a big fan of them for years, but dammit, that was just a weird name. I always find myself cracking jokes about their new single "Korn on the cob" or their new album "Popkorn". It's just a hell of an odd name. It's short and sounds pretty unappealing. I'm glad they weren't as creative as me when it came to naming stuff.

The Presidents Of The United States Of America

1) The name is WAYYYY too long for a band name
2) They never formed a band did they?

Anal Cunt - Yes, that band name is just fucking stupid. Having songs like "You're Gay". "Van full of ******s" and the such doesn't help either.

They are the Tim Westwood of groups...*****

There's a lot of RNB boy bands' whose names are terrible but the one that takes the cake is McFly. Sorry but McFly only suits a person e.g Marty McFly not a band and what's the meaning of it anyway? Plus they're songs are terrible. They're the most overrated pieces of dog turd ever.

Insane Clown Posse - Just plain, WHAT THE FUCK?! The name is just stupid. It makes them come off as such idiots, and to me it makes less people want to listen to their music. On top of that, their music sucks too. It's just one of those names that I can never understand... I'm not saying they should rename themselves "Tame Puppy Lovers", but ICP is one of the stupidest names EVER.

Anal Cunt - Yes, that band name is just fucking stupid. Having songs like "You're Gay". "Van full of ******s" and the such doesn't help either.

They are the Tim Westwood of groups...*****

HAHAHAHA Actually LOL'ing that that. Westwood is an absolute mess, and I totally agree with that band name as one of the worst. It is just offensive for the sake of being offensive, to try and shock.

Another classically crap band name is

A Flock Of Seagulls- cheesy 80s band with a ridiculous haircut (where the "flock of seagulls" hairstyle comes from)- they did one classic track- "I ran (so far away)", but the band name is actually dire

The band who's name I dislike the most is The All American Rejects. Seriously? Why would they name themselves that? They might as well have named themselves "The Losers". Do they WANT people to think they are losers? Alright, rants aside, I do recognize their skills and they are talented musicians. I just hate their name because it sounds like a band name that I just cannot take seriously. Another weird one is Panic At The Disco.... That name is just odd. What were they thinking when they named themselves that?

Set Your Goals- Just a terrible name. It sounds like a name for a song that's supposed to motivate kids. But this band's name makes no sense.
The Devil Wears Prada- Seriously? I get it, it matches the screamo theme, but be more original than that. That's a Meryl Streep movie. Do you honestly want your super duper hardcore screamo band to be associated with Meryl Streep, who isn't super duper hardcore?
Of mice & men- See above.
Drake- He's not a band, but seriously dude? Your name isn't even Drake. It's Aubrey. What happened to MC names? Are kids growing up that stupid that they can't come up with something at least somewhat clever?
DJ Yella- He was N.W.A's silent member. He didn't Yella thing. See what I did there?

I'm going with The Band on this one.

To me, it sounds as if these guys couldn't be bothered to think of a band name. Hence, they called themselves The Band.

It saddens me to put this one down, as an obsessive fan of Oasis as I am...but...

Liam Gallagher has named his new band (which is basically Oasis without Noel Gallagher)...wait for it....

Beady Eye

That absolutely sucks, I really hope the music is better than the name. It just sounds weedy and like one of the millions of shitty interchangable indie bands that dominate the NME now. At least he didnt add a "THE" before the band name like almost everyone else does, thank fuck

For me The Drums is a shit name. To me it seems like they're trying to hard to be like other bands. Having a similar name to The Doors without an interesting reason behind it (THe Doors got their name because they saw drugs as opening the doors to their mind)

Hootie and The Blowfish: I enjoy their music, but this name is really unappealing.

!!!: I'm serious there is a band that goes by three exclamation points. It's pronounced "Chk Chk Chk" after the native language that has all that clicking. But seriously; who would know that?

Goo Goo Dolls: As you can see I've named Rock bands, and this is perhaps the most sissiest name I can think of.

Alien Ant Farm- What the heck is a an "Alient Ant Farm" anyway? I don't know if it was their music or their name that annoyed me more, because Smooth Criminal wasn't a bad song. It's just one of those names you hear and wonder "why would ANYONE take them seriously as a band with a name like that?" It's just mind boggling that someone thought that was a good name for a band.

Are we limiting ourselves to bands that people have actually heard of? If we are, I'll go with Def Leppard, Stryper, and Laaz Rockit off the top of my head since I dislike names that are spelled incorrectly.

If we're including bands we've heard of that nobody else has...back in the early 90s, my town had a Battle Of The Bands. I don't remember who won but it came down to two bands. One played a cover of "Enter Sandman" and the other one played a cover of "Peace Sells...Who's Buying?" The names are what I recall the most though: Sid Died For Squid...and The Castrated Turnips.

Every once in a while you see a band names that you think The Namer Must of been Snifing some Funky Granola When they thought of the Name So what do you think are Horrible Band Names??

My top three are in no Order what so ever

1. Simple Plan
Yes i am a small fan of them but What is the Simple Plan if it is so Simple why haven't they done this "Simple Plan"? Also is there ever a Complex Plan? Overall Strange name for a Band In my opinion

2. Jimmy Eat world
if this Jimmy fella ate the world Where are we?

3. We butter the breads with Butter

When i first Saw this Name i was thinking The Hell..
What else would they Butter it with Jam?
But it is a Screamo band

Post Some Band Names you Dislike..

The Presidents Of The United States Of America

1) The name is WAYYYY too long for a band name
2) They never formed a band did they?

Du hoc singapore

Bands with "horrible names" are most of the time only doing it to be recognized. the main reason you know most of them is because of the name. it stays with you all the time and is less likely to be forgotten then something with an average run of the mill name.

but to contribute, the worst name for a band is also the most fitting.

Garbage. Never before has a band name actually shown people what their music is like. they're basically telling you that the album belongs in the trash.

Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Yes, yes it does. And asking a question as a band name is something that reallllllly annoys me. Just so irritating and pointless. I mean seriously, how hard is it to come up with a band name that doesnt piss people off lol.

LMFAO

That group annoys me so much. Like, their music, their style, and the ridiculous name. How people can actually find their music enjoyable and worth playing for more then 2 seconds is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back