Holy Shit Moments

PysChoViSiOuS

Dark Match Jobber
See I didnt know where exactly to post this but its about memories so Ill do it here. I was just thinking of some of my fondest holy shit moments in wrestling history, the moments that make you ask "damn, how far will they go?" So I figured I ask the question whats some of everyone's favorite holy shit moments of all time rather it be Piper Busting him self open with a beer bottle in a promo too Mankind gettin tossed off the Cell. Id like too hear some feedback.

For me, my 'Holy Shit' moments all seem to stem around one Shane McMahon strangely. When I was younger, the fact that Shane had a tendancy to jump off a lot of very high structures and get put through a plate glass window twice by Kurt Angle.

Now, my other moment, while I didn't see it happen, I watched it again and thought how the hell did Roddy Piper get away with smashing a coconut open on Jimmy Snuka's head. It was freakily real and i was genuinely in shock when I saw it.

Easily the Cell match with Foley gets the nod. I remember watching it with all of my cousins. We were all paying attention because they were on the top of the cage, but talking amongst ourselves. Then the Undertaker grabbed Foley and tossed him off. Dead silence. Noone believed what we had just seen. Genuine concern was probably the best way to describe it. Easily the most shocking thing I have watched in a match.

Shane McMahon comes close though. His bump from Blackman was insane, and that's putting it mildly. He did the same spot against Big Show and Kane, both incredible each and every time.

Also, on a less painful and damaging note, Michaels chucking Jannetty threw the window on the Barber Shop always pops to mind.

This probably isn't the biggest moment, but at WrestleMania 24, when Edge speared Taker a second time.. Man.. I thought the streak was over.. That is the first time I have ever thought that Taker was actually going to lose at WrestleMania. Edge also cut a great promo prior to that which I think helped me believe he could actually win.

Another one would be Foley being thrown off the cell. I was really, really little at the time and I thought he was dead. I started crying. It was terrible. Then he was put on that stretcher and I thought he was really hurt.. When he came back and got chokeslammed through the cell, I was shocked. I thought he was dead. Again.

(Yay! Post 100.)

besides foley getting thrown off the cell, id say another one was when brock lesnar suplexed big show of the top turnbuckle and broke the ring. That was one of the first times i thought it wasnt an angle or somthin, i really believed that the weight of lesnar and big show broke the ring, and thats what it made a crazy HOLY SHIT moment.

KOTR 2001: Angle suplexes Shane into a glass window, and the window doesn't break causing Shane to land on his head. Then Angle proceeds to throw him through the window, then pick him up and repeat the process with another window.

Raw 2001: After tearing his quad HHH continues the match and lets Jericho put him in the goddamn Walls of Jericho.

KOTR 1998: Obviously Taker-Foley goes here. First getting thrown off the cell and getting knocked out, then coming back to the cell and getting chokeslammed through the roof, with a chair falling after him and hitting him in the mouth.

Backlash 2000: Not as impressive as the other ones, but it was damn cool seeing The Rock double RockBottom HHH & Shane through a table.

Shane McMahon: He has a lot of Holy Shit moments. SummerSlam 2000, Backlash 2001 and others.

The first time I saw an ECW event I was completely blown away.
I don't mean ECW Tuesday Night Heat either. I'm talking about E-C-F'n W.
I want to say it was Barely Legal '98. I was hooked from that point forward.
the blood, the highflying action, the fast pace, the language and the ring that sounded like being slammed on a tin roof.

Brock Lesnar, though I don't like the guy, when he botched the Shooting Star Press at WrestleMania XIX. I thought his neck was (freakin') broken right then and there. I seriously uttered "holy shit."

And again, when Brock broke Bob Holly's neck. I seriously felt my own neck twitch a bit there. Nastiest botched powerbomb I ever saw. It doesn't really matter who did the wrong move there. Guess that and the fact that he's a dick is why I hate Brock Lesnar. And his unwarranted push of course.

What is it with Lesnar and winding up in Holy Shit moments? I blame the roids.

No one has mentioned this one and the Botched powerbomb made we think of it. When Kevin Nash botch the powerbomb on the Giant. 500 punks dumped right on his head, that was nasty and a lil scary too

One that popped into my head, hasn't been mentioned yet, and took place in the last few years would be when Kane threw the steel steps over the top rope at Umaga and hit him with them, when I saw Kane pick up the steps I knew, as I'm sure everyone else did as well, he was going to throw them, but I thought for sure the steps would miss Umaga, but no, he actually fucking hit him with them!

Another that I'm surprised I haven't seen mentioned yet it, is the Lesnar/Show superplex that broke the ring, I thought for sure that would have been mentioned by now, that shit was even covered on the local news where I live, LOL

Just about everyone has said it, but again it's my biggest 'holy shit' moment ever, and that's Mankind/Taker HIAC at KoTR '98. I was just in awe when he was thrown off the cell. And then the son of a * gets up smiling, arm dragging, and climbs back to the top only to get chokeslammed through it. And the picture after that with the tooth up his nose, plus the tacks. Foley's career moment for me.

Another set that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet is the first two TLC matches. Three of the best tag teams ever, and four of whom have gone on to great singles success. They were the first matches of their kind in WWE and had plenty of unforgettable moments. Just to name a few, Jeff off ladder onto Bubba; Matt thrown of table set on two ladders and through another as E&C grab titles; the spear on Jeff off ladder by Edge; Falling through the table on the side the ring or the 4 on the entrance ramp. These matches are all time classics in my opinion and some of the best tag team wrestling ever.

Sid breaking his leg is one that stands out.It's simply gross.And the weird part it was only a freaking jumping kick.It seemed like a simple move.But it cost him his career.

Another moment that stands out Hogan slammed Andre.Hogan was so over that it was just crazy when he did it.It was simply in one word, amazing.The arena also helped and as did the large crowd.You kinda knew you were seeing something speical when it happened.

My favourite holy shit moment hasn't been mentioned yet.It's Taij Isimori's double moonsault on KENTA.It's unreal.Taij does his moonsault but KENTA rolls away thinking he's safe.But then in a spilt second Taij lands and does a STANDING moonsault.I'd guess that part happened in about 0.5 of a seconds.Super Fast,Super Cool!

It's not exactly a happy or cool moment, but I think the moment that takes the cake is Owen's fall. Was there anything you could say beside Holy **** or Oh.. My.. God.. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was also really, little, but my Dad was like, Holy Sh!t! I just stared at the screen, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

Sabu vs Terry Funk Barbwire match when funk was at the ring post and sabu jumped on a chair to hit funk. Funk dodged and sabu rolled down the turnbuckle with barbwire slicing his arm, then he ask for duct tape to stop the bleeding to continue the match.

My holy shit moment was Scott Hall showing up on Nitro, before we had spoilers, not knowing had been released from WWE.
Tuning into Nitro and seeing Vince Mcmahon. That was weird, did not see it coming.
How about Hogan joining NWO?
Yes, I enjoyed everything u guys said, but a lot of the things that blew my were not moves, but events.
The first time I had ever tuned in to ECW on TNN back in feb of 2000, I saw Mike Awesome vs...damn, im drawing a blank. The chinese, or asain guy, (I don't mean to offend anyone). That whole match was like wow,..

You mean Masato Tanaka?..All of his matches with Mike Awesome (rest in peace big man) were holy shit moments to me, well, the ones I had seen. Still though, another one I'll always remember would have to be Taker vs Mankind at KOTR 98', just hearing JR screaming "God god almighty they've killed him!" "As God as my witness he is broken in half!", and then the one that really gave me goosebumps was his line "Would somebody stop the damn match!", that to me, was his legit concern for him...Simply put, Mick Foley is fearless. Now, my all time favorite holy shit moment...would have to be Austin vs Rock at Mania 01. Austin fucking KILLS rocky with the chair, pins him, Austins theme hits, and he shakes hands with McMahon..that right there is like..true holy shit at it's best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back