HOF bound? Part 1

HOF Bound?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

youngbullzeye

Occasional Pre-Show
So I have been trying to start a series of threads for a while but i have no time but today is the perfect day.Basically what this threads purpose is to get your part to see if you think the athlete i put up is Hall oF Fame bound.After his carrer is over now,this mean the athlete still has years ahead of him.Also give a reason for your choice.The athletes i will select will be current players from either from the NFL,NBA,or MLB.I will try to sometime put a NHl or soccer player but i kinda dont like hockey.I like soccer but its to much for me to keep up with.

Ok so first on the list is
nfl-broncos-cutler-jay-6-home-2007-stockpic.jpg

College-Vanderbilt
First team all SEC(2005)
SEC offensive player of the year(2005)

NFL-Pick 11 1st round (Denver Broncos)2006-2008
(Chicago Bears)2009-Present
Pro Bowl(2008)
Touchdowns-81
Interceptions-63
Yards-12,690
Record as Starter 24-29

Jay Cutler is the best quarterback that came out of the 2006 NFL draft after supposedly being the 3rd best QB after Matt Leinart and Vince Young.Now the other two QB didn't pan out as expected but Jay Cutler did.Now Jay Cutler still has lots of years left to play in the NFL.In those years i belive he will meet and exceed all the expectations that was expected from him out of college if he hasn'y already.He could bring back the once proud franchise of Chicago back to a Superbowl contender.I expect Jay to be one the elite QB of this decade and ultimately winning 2 superbowls.

HOF Bound-Yes

It's WAYYY too early to project HOF for guys like Cutler. He's only in his what, 5th season? Brett Favre I can see, but this guy still has at least 10 years on his career. Way too early to judge. He could have a career ending injury tomorrow for all we know. And if he did, he certainly wouldn't have the stats or longevity to be a HOF player. He wouldn't even have played long enough to be eligible, I believe.

And there already is a HOF or not type of thread in the section. Probably hasn't been posted in since like July, but it's there.

Based on what I have seen right now, I would have to say no, he isn't HOF bound. He hasn't done enough yet to merit consideration. When he has thrown for 40k plus yards, when he has won something, THEN talk HOF. Right now, Jay Cutler hasn't done jack shit yet.

youngbullzeye said:
Jay Cutler is the best quarterback that came out of the 2006 NFL draft after supposedly being the 3rd best QB after Matt Leinart and Vince Young.Now the other two QB didn't pan out as expected but Jay Cutler did.

No argument about Matt Leinart...but Vince Young? Really? How can you claim with a straight face that Vince Young hasn't panned out? Did you pay attention at all last year?

Based on what I have seen right now, I would have to say no, he isn't HOF bound. He hasn't done enough yet to merit consideration. When he has thrown for 40k plus yards, when he has won something, THEN talk HOF. Right now, Jay Cutler hasn't done jack shit yet.
I guess i should of been more specififc but what i'm trying to see is if you think they will become elite stars in thier respective sport.What I want is to see if you think in the future he will become a HOFer.But i understand if you didn't get my point.

No argument about Matt Leinart...but Vince Young? Really? How can you claim with a straight face that Vince Young hasn't panned out? Did you pay attention at all last year?
Yeah dude as much as i like VY I did pay attention that was good.But he isn't the QB that people expected.People belived in a couple of years he would be one of the most dynamic players in the NFL.And now tell me is he the QB people expected.

It's WAYYY too early to project HOF for guys like Cutler. He's only in his what, 5th season? Brett Favre I can see, but this guy still has at least 10 years on his career. Way too early to judge. He could have a career ending injury tomorrow for all we know. And if he did, he certainly wouldn't have the stats or longevity to be a HOF player. He wouldn't even have played long enough to be eligible, I believe.

And there already is a HOF or not type of thread in the section. Probably hasn't been posted in since like July, but it's there.

This ^^^.

First off, look for other threads next time as there is a thread for this question already. And the answer would be....

No. Its impossible to know right now what he's going to do in the future. As Megatron said, he doesn't have the stats or longevity to even be considered for that yet. He may still go down and wash out of the league. Its just too early to make any type of tpye of judgements. Give it at least another 7-10 years and see if he's even lasted in the league then start talking about HOF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back