• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

High School Anthems

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
So for those of you who have already graduated then this thread is really directed towards you. However if you are still in school then whatever you can still post.

Basically what I am asking is which song/album would you consider your high school anthem? It could be an album/song you relate to. It may just be and album/song that pops in your head every time you reminisce about your high school days. Or maybe it is just the album/song you listened to the most.

For me the album I place in direct correlation with my high school days is this album.

Trapt-Someone In control

1172877361_88b8417d52706b05df627e478dd3d7d3.jpg

1.Disconnected(out of touch)
2.Waiting
3.Victim
4.Stand Up
5.Lost Realist
6.Skin Deep
7.Influence
8.Repeat Offender
9.Bleed Like Me
10.Use Me to Use You
11.Product of My Own Design

This album came out maybe a year or so after I first entered high school, it was what really got me into the band actually. This album hit all the notes perfectly in my life at the time(no pun intended). It really helped me with not only relationship problems but also moral and ethical ones. I say this because we all succumb to various pressures in high school and they may conflict with your own personal beliefs and principles.So in a way this album and its titled theme really helped me center myself and find my own place in the animal kingdom that is high school.

It was only recently that I started to listen to this album again and for certain songs, I can connect with a specific situation or moment in those troubling,yet wacky days, as if they just happened yesterday. I'll give you the rundown.

[YOUTUBE]-pY1n-Ogu6g[/YOUTUBE]

This song is self explanatory really. For all those times somebody has gotten in my face,making absurd claims or accusations that were simply not true. Or just a case of " I hate your guts so I'm going to rip them out and ring your neck with them".

Whatever the case,this song went perfectly for any one of those raging frustrating back your shit off before I force my fist through your skull situations.

[YOUTUBE]OB6pTnpBlI8[/YOUTUBE]

This song is all about discovering your own independence and being your own person and not letting others molding you into what they want you to be,at least I think. In high school, finding your own independence is a big deal. Some struggle,some conform to others desires and some may never find it. This song was a constant reminder of that,refusing to let others tamper with my own personal journey throughout life. Not letting yourself live your life through another.

[YOUTUBE]0ggYPQ80bAM[/YOUTUBE]

Another song about being your own individual that really resonated with me. Its about not letting people tell you how to live your own life. Of those people who constantly come down on you and criticizing your lifestyle simply because it differs from their own. Its about standing up for yourself and your beliefs. Not letting anybody try to change you because their views or opinions are different from yours. The song is about all of those things and more. In high school,at least from my experience,there were a lot of people who tried to do exactly this. It was wrong of them to do so and I still haven't fully forgiven a lot of them for it. I am a product of my own design folks,live with it.

Anyway,this is the album that I picked as my high school anthem simply because of the meaning I hold for it. It helped me out a lot and I am grateful for it. So this is my pick,what are yours? Sound off below.

Well when i finished high school our "leavers" song was 'Don't stop me now' by Queen. Now i love Queen and the song but i didn't think it suited the occasion. I really wanted 'Times like These' by the Foo Fighters as our song cause it was made during my time in high school and it really suited the theme i thought.

Right, I have been thinking about this for a few days and I have come up a list of songs that I would put on a compilation CD showing what I listened to and loved during my days in high school.

Triple Naitch's High School Anthems

1. Silverchair- Freak
2. Limp Bizkit- My Generation
3. Kid Rock- American Bad Ass
4. Papa Roach- Between Angels & Insects
5. P.O.D- Alive
6. Creed- My Sacrifice
7. Nickelback- How You Remind Me
8. Sum 41- Fat Lip
9. The Offspring- Original Prankster
10. Limp Bizkit- Rollin'
11. Linkin Park- One Step Closer
12. Papa Roach- Last Resort
13. Goldfinger- Superman
14. A- Nothing
15. Alien Ant Farm- Movies
16. OPM- Heaven Is A Halfpipe
17. Silverchair- Anthem For The Year 2000
18. Jimmy Eat World-The Authority Song
19. Kid Rock- Bawitdaba
20. Sum 41- Pain For Pleasure

I think our graduation song was some country song. Personally I put in the recommendation of "Good Times Bad Times" by Zeppelin but I had no expectations of it actually getting picked.

Now for a song I personally associate with high school it would have to be "Burden in My Hand" by Soundgarden. It has nothing to do with lyrical content or some turning point in school or anything. It's just one of the great memories I have, sitting in my car before school started listening to this "awesome song" trying to figure out what Soundgarden song it was. I could obviously tell it was Chris Cornell but every time they played it it was followed by a commercial and the DJ would never say what it was. My friend would always get out of his car and come sit in mine while we listened to music. And this is the song that stands out.

For me the album that reminds me more of my high school days than any other would be the Scorpion King soundtrack. It was not around for my freshman year, but was a staple of my playlists during the other three. Godsmack's I Stand Alone, in particular, due to it being my entrance theme. Seriously. I would roll down my windows and blast it as I drove into the parking lot each morning. Other great tracks from the soundtrack such as Only the Strong by Flaw made it into our workout playlist that I had burned for my football teammates. Each track is great and I often listened to it on random shuffle while driving. There were other albums that I listened to a lot those years such as Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory and Creed's older albums, but the Scorpion King soundtrack was the one that really stands out as my favorite from that time and anytime I listen to a song from it I feel like I'm 16 or 17 again.

Right, I have been thinking about this for a few days and I have come up a list of songs that I would put on a compilation CD showing what I listened to and loved during my days in high school.

1. Silverchair- Freak
5. P.O.D- Alive
6. Creed- My Sacrifice
8. Sum 41- Fat Lip
10. Limp Bizkit- Rollin'
13. Goldfinger- Superman
14. A- Nothing
19. Kid Rock- Bawitdaba

Wow, this list took me right back! Great call on Authority Song too. Haven't listened to it in far too long before tonight, so cheers for bringing that one up :)

I've got another little list of songs from around that same time period;
1 - My Vitriol - Always Your Way
2 - Radiohead - Creep
3 - Cooper Temple Clause - Promises, Promises
4 - Million Dead - Breaking The Back
5 - Funeral For a Friend - Juneau
6 - Hell is for Heroes - I Can Climb Mountains
7 - A Perfect Circle - Judith
8 - Tool - Aenema
9 - Muse - Muscle Museum
10 - At The Drive-In - One Armed Scissor
11 - King Adora - Suffocate
12 - Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
13 - Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy
14 - All-American Rejects - Swing Swing
15 - Finch - Letters To You
16 - Incubus - Are You In?
17 - José Gonzales - Heartbeats
18 - Nelly Furtado - Try
19 - Queens of the Stone-Age - No One Knows
20 - Royksopp - Poor Leno

Yeh, eclectic kinda describes it I guess :) I was at a pub last night and 3 of these songs (Are You In?, No One Knows and One Armed Scissor) came on at some point throughout the evening. Me and my best mate from school had a few recollections that were tied to the songs, and had a hideously out of tune attempt to harmonise with Incubus.

Here is the second compilation CD of my High-School years. Enjoy!

Triple Naitch's High School Anthems DISC 2

1. Godsmack- I Stand Alone
2. Linkin Park- In The End
3. Disturbed- Down With The Sickness
4. Spineshank- New Disease
5. P.O.D- Boom
6. Creed- One Last Breath
7. American Hi-Fi- The Art Of Losing
8. Static X- Black & White
9. Slipknot- Wait & Bleed
10. Saliva- Your Disease
11. Lostprophets- Shinobivsdragonninja
12. Tsunami Bomb- Take The Reigns
13. Adema-The Way You Like It
14. Bon Jovi- It's My Life
15. Green Day- Warning
16. Blink 182- The Rock Show
18. Jimmy Eat World-Salt Sweat Sugar
19. 2Pac- Changes
20. Eminem- The Real Slim Shady

1. Silverchair- Freak
5. P.O.D- Alive
6. Creed- My Sacrifice
8. Sum 41- Fat Lip
10. Limp Bizkit- Rollin'
13. Goldfinger- Superman
14. A- Nothing
19. Kid Rock- Bawitdaba

Have I mentioned you have impeccable taste? Either way, your music choices kick ass Naitch.

Heres what Gunslinger was listening to in high school.

Five Finger Death Punch- No One Gets Left behind
Puddle Of Mudd- Heel Over Head
Kid Rock- Lonely Road Of Faith
38 Special- Hold On Loosely
Sum 41- With Me
Skillet- The Last Night
Sammy Kershaw- Queen Of My Double Wide Trailer
Rush- Fly By Night
Rammstein- Mein Herz Brennt
P.O.D.- Southtown
My Chemical Romance- I Dont Love You
Limp Bizkit- Behind Blue Eyes
Killswitch Engage- The Arms Of Sorrow
Joe Diffie- A Night To Remember
Jason Aldean- Do You Wish It Was Me
Gary Allen- Watching Airplanes
Dropkick Murphys- Shipping Up To Boston
Metallica- Of Wolf And Man
David Allan Coe- Longhaired Redneck
Creed- One Last Breath
Bryan Adams- Into The Fire
All That Remains- Tattered On My Sleeve

I started out listening to alot of Country at the beginning of high school but as it progressed I went back to my rock and metal roots while picking up some new alternative stuff. By then end of HS I was pretty firmly planted in every genre but focused on country and rock/metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back