Hibachi, Agent 0, any other names? ( First of Pippens NBA threads)

Khalifa

Where it at doe?
Yes I am talking about the ever so clutch Gilbert Arenas. He was a beast during the 2006-007 and look like he has going to be up there in the MVP races of 2007-2008 until he got injured as well. he was a 25 point, 6 assist 4 rebound player for a club that he basically took to the playoffs along with Caron Butler. he basically lifted this team to new heights than any other wizards/bullets team before. He was such an enigma, such a personallity in the NBA. But how do you think he will go this year? Do you think he will be the person he once was before and hopefully get the Wizards into the ECF along with Butler and Jamison? Or do you think he will be at home and playing NBA 2k10 on X-box live like he was last year.

Hopefully he turns out like the player he was before, taking risky clutch shots and making them, basically raping everyteam with his ability to be a scorer with his strength plus speed and also being able to be a pass first dude. I truely think he will come out of his little injury thing and bring the Wizards back to the playoffs. I use to love Agent 0 and cant wait for him to come back and kick ass in the NBA again.

He played 2 games at the end of the 08/09 season and looked pretty decent, and now with a full summer of training and conditioning I can see him coming back to his best. I doubt his numbers will be the same as they were pre-injury though, the Wizards have a lot of scoring options now (Mike Miller, Jamison, Caron) so Gilbert doesn't have to do as much shooting.

But definitely hope to see him at full swing again. Except against the Raptors.

When he's healthy Gilbert Arenas is one of the best offensive players in the NBA. According to Flip Saunders he saw Arenas practice and said he looked to be at 100%, but that doesn't mean anything for the long term. Usually when guys have bad knees it's something that keeps coming back. That doesn't mean he won't stay healthy because guys like Antonio McDyess have been able to come back from worse injuries.

However, even with Arenas, the Wizards won't do much in the East. Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, and Detroit are all better teams at this point. So with a healthy Arenas I see Washington at best making the playoffs as a 5 or 6 seed and then getting bounced in the first round. The big three of Arenas, Butler, and Jamison has never gotten out of the first round and I don't see that changing no matter what Arenas does.

When he's healthy Gilbert Arenas is one of the best offensive players in the NBA. According to Flip Saunders he saw Arenas practice and said he looked to be at 100%, but that doesn't mean anything for the long term. Usually when guys have bad knees it's something that keeps coming back. That doesn't mean he won't stay healthy because guys like Antonio McDyess have been able to come back from worse injuries.

However, even with Arenas, the Wizards won't do much in the East. Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, and Detroit are all better teams at this point. So with a healthy Arenas I see Washington at best making the playoffs as a 5 or 6 seed and then getting bounced in the first round. The big three of Arenas, Butler, and Jamison has never gotten out of the first round and I don't see that changing no matter what Arenas does.

Thanks for posting guys... Anyways I see what you mean it would be hard for the Wizards to do anything in the playoffs, but with Arenas at his best and hopefully taking the best defender from the other team he can open up for Miller, Butler and Jamison. If they vs Detroit I dunno they might be able to beat them in 6 or 7 games. To me Detroit have lost almost all there toughness, sure you have Ben Gordon who is built like a brick but he doesn't really help as much on defense as Billups did. Sheed helped the backcourt and with him gone it's going to be tough for Charlie to get the help he needs. But with the improvement of Prince every year I might be wrong. ANyways Arenas can defently wreck havoc here and we will see during the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back