• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HIAC 2013 - WWE Tag Team Title: Cody & Goldust VS Rollins & Reigns VS The Usos

The Eighties

Forward Thinking Nostalgist

I'm really enjoying this mini resurgence of the tag team division and I think this should be a good match. The Usos aren't great but they work pretty well with The Shield who also work really well with Cody and Goldust.

I expect The Rhodes boys to retain here by pinning The Usos so their feud with Rollins & Reigns can continue.

This is a must win for the Shield, ever since the Authority storyline began they have been enhancement talent for Bryan and the Rhodes brothers. They may have beaten Bryan up after their matches but they had just either lost by sub or DQ. They have fought the Rhodes twice and lost both. They have lost lots of 6 man tags recently. They went from a destructive team to an average team and now it is time for WWE to let them get back on track. The Rhodes can afford atleast 1 loss as part of this feud and they don't even have to be pinned to lose the titles. I think I would have Reigns pin an Uso after the Spear and build the rivalry with the Rhodes to a Survivor Series tag match where they compete in a Team HHH vs Team Big Show match

I can't say I've seen a resurgence of tag team wrestling. It's just a fluke that the past three tag champions have been popular. Who held the belts before Team Hell No? I don't care and I can't be fucked to Wiki search that shit.

The Usos are involved? Shit just got real, guys!

Is the uso's are to win this should be when!

1st off this is a perfect time to let rhode's drop the title's and not actually have to be pinned, with uso's winning the title's. and then shield is out of the tag team championship picture, with rhode's vs uso's at surviour series and then we see uso's go over with cody and goldust fighting over who gets taggen in.

The 1st point of their feud, which then could lead to a tlc match cody vs goldust vs axel. and goldust wins the ic title from axel, at royal rumble i would let cody win the rumble, and goldust lose the belt, which sparks jealousy, then goldust wins the whc at Elimination chamber, and we have a wrestlemania 30 whc match set with this whole angle! Give me some of that green rep!

I can't say I've seen a resurgence of tag team wrestling. It's just a fluke that the past three tag champions have been popular. Who held the belts before Team Hell No? I don't care and I can't be fucked to Wiki search that shit.

I actually had to think of this one! with checking wikipedia lol! i found out that kofi and r truth was the tag team champions, as far as saying a fluke i gotta disagree these tag team's are interesting! and no fluke, well actually no kane and bryan sucked! why are people thinking their good?

I think there will be someway triple h helps the shield win the tag titles if big show interferes in this match because big show is basically the reason the rhodes brothers beat the shield for the tag titles in the first place so I could see big show trying to help the rhodes brothers but then triple h comes out and stops big show and helps the shield out setting up big show vs triple h for survivor series and the shield having the tag team titles.

I have faith that this could one of the best matches of the year. There are 6 very good wrestlers and I think that this was a very good move to have a triple threat.

I think we will see Cody/Goldust retain. It doesn't make sense for them to drop the belts so shortly after winning.

I figured the Uso's push was pretty much used up, until they took a match from The Shield, who themselves seemed ready to move to the next step in their development, whether it be as enforcers..... or splitting up their tag team altogether.

So, there's no reason the Shield should win back the titles.

As to the Usos', they'll take their "soon-to-be-built like-their-father" bodies and toil on. The only reason they might win the titles is because they haven't held them yet, but I would expect their title reign would come from beating a heel duo and celebrating thusly. Defeating the Rhodes boys wouldn't accomplish that, and due to the fact that Cody & Goldy just won the belt, I think they'll retain.

The reason this match isn't Rhodes vs. Shield is because no one would figure the Rhodes boys would lose, and the company wants to insert an element of uncertainty in the proceedings. So, in come the Usos'.

I have to say that I am really looking forward to this one. Its been a long time since the tag division looked this good and while I do think the Shield will regain the Tag titles, any one of the teams would be worthie champions. As for the match. I can see it being very fast paced with all three teams having a chance to shine. Ultimately I see Dean Ambrose getting involved at somepoint, with reigns or Rollins getting the victory over one of the Uso's This will allow The Rhodes brothers to drop the titles back to the Shield without ever being pinned and set up a rematch at Survivor Series.

The reason this match isn't Rhodes vs. Shield is because no one would figure the Rhodes boys would lose, and the company wants to insert an element of uncertainty in the proceedings. So, in come the Usos'.

This, and also, The Shield have lost twice to the Rhodes, and they're still hot enough an act that I believe WWE would be reticent to have them lose a third straight time in tag action to the Rhodes. For me, there's little doubt the Rhodes retain here, I just don't see them pinning the Shield.

Incorporating the Usos accomplishes a couple of things. One, it gets their tag title shot out of the way. The Usos had been built into a semi-hot act feuding with the Shield, but the Shield dropped the titles because of the hot angle with the Rhodes. But to WWE's credit, they didn't brush aside the Usos shot, so here we are, in a triple threat match. The Usos get their shot, likely take the pinfall, and they're back to being just another tag team along the lines of the PTP's or the Real Americans.

Second, this allows the Rhodes(if they do) to retain their titles without beating the Shield once again. While they're hot right not and the tag title switch was the right move, the team with the larger upside and the probability of staying together longer. Thus, having them lose to the Rhodes for the third time in 3 weeks would be a difficult sell. The Shield have been major players since they set foot in WWE, but their momentum has waned somewhat recently. Ambrose isn't even on the card, and as the 'personal security' for the Authority, having them being pinned once again could cause problems for their standing. There's plenty of mileage left in them as a trio, so having the Usos take the pinfall is the smart move. Or if WWE decides to switch the titles back, the Rhodes don't look like chumps so soon.

I'm going with the Rhodes to retain. They've got a great deal of momentum right now, and cutting their legs out already doesn't seem the best move. They won't have a 6 month reign like Team Hell No or The Shield, but it won't be less than 3 weeks, either.

AH, Jake, always good for a solid chuckle.

Color me fuckin surprised. Not only a tag title match on PPV, but they are attempting to imply there are more than two serious teams in the division. DO the Uso's randomly disappear from tv on a regular basis? Well, YEA, but nevermind that.

What happened to PTP? Four corners match? yea? no?

champs retain, they just won it.

Now lets get this bit out of the way straight away I think this match will steal the show and be the best match on the card, so what I am saying is the match itself is not bad for business but the outcome is.

Each team has reasons why it needs to win and needs to lose and I will explain them and it should become clear that WWE has some problems picking a winner

The Shield
Need to Win - The Shield have had there momentum absolutely destroyed by Bryan, Cody and Goldust since Sumemrslam. It has extended to their titles being taken and suffering loss after loss. The Shield also need to win as it is quite clear that the Authority will fight Team Show or Bryan at Survivor Series and will probably lose so if they lose here and at Survivor Series it would be 3 straight PPV losses and they would be heading into Ryback territory

The Uso's
Need to Win - The Shield and Rhodes brothers are both being set up as dominant teams which means teams like PTP, Kidd and Gabriel, Wyatt's, Matadores and Real Americans are unlikely to win the title but if the Uso's are champions all those teams are far more likely to win the titles and the titles will change more which will help the resurgence in the tag division. Having a dominant team limits the division.

The Rhodes Brothers
Need to Win - They have some of the most momentum going and are the hottest thing going and are possible more over than Bryan. If the Rhodes lose there momentum will fall and could lead to an extended and drawn out feud with Goldust unless the title changes hands on Raw again which is unlikely as it was the first title change on Raw in a few months. If they win The Rhodes could then defend the titles in a triangular TLC at the TLC PPV which could be where Goldust turns during an epic match

Summary

1. With the Shield and Rhodes likely to compete in a Survivor Series match at the PPV having the Uso's defend the title as part of a feud will be good for business as less filler will be needed on the PPV and a properly set up match with a good story can be on the card

2. Having the Rhodes win will do even more damage to the Shield reputation which has already taken a massive hit, also this will further emphasize the fact that the Uso's aren't good enough to be champions

3. With the Uso's being beaten so much on TV them winning would do a lot of damage to the reputation of the Shield and Rhodes and despite opening up the tag division it would make the champions much weaker

4. If the Shield win there will likely be no title defence at SS and the Shield has already missed a few PPV's title defences and this would be opposite to what WWE currently wants

I have been enjoying tag team wrestling a lot more lately. I think the Rhodes Brothers will retain here. I don't think the Uso's are going to get it if they haven't by now. One of them will probably take the pin. The Shield will come out looking strong and eventually get another rematch for the title.

20131021_HIAC_TripleThreat_HOMEPAGE.jpg

This should be good. The Rhodes Brothers and The Shield are capable of putting on a decent match. The less we see of The Usos, the better. They shouldn't even be in here. They should be getting future endeavoured, not receiving title shots! Seriously, they are one of the worst teams I have ever seen after 20+ years of watching. I can't stand them!!!! That being said, one of The Usos should be taking the pin here. That would help the angle between The Rhodes Brothers and The Shield get extended. This way The Shield can argue they didn't get pinned and thus deserve another title match.

I don't see The Shield winning back the belts just yet. They only recently lost them. I do, however, see the feud between The Shield and The Rhodes Brothers lasting longer. In order for that to happen, either the champions have to retain or the former champions would have to win. I expect it to go on for another month or two with The Shield winning the belts back at the end. Cody and Goldust will probably retain here, as their reign would be meaningless if they lost it back so soon. Rhodes Brothers retain the giant pennies with either Cody or Goldust pinning one of The Usos. The match likely goes on toward the middle of the evening.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Cody & Goldust retain the Tag Team Championship.

Cody and Goldust win. It's funny, as far as faces go, Bryan and Big Show are receiving most of the focus during this corporate takeover storyline, but together, Cody and Goldust continue to deliver the best moments. Cody and Goldust winning their jobs back at Battleground was the highlight of that show, and winning the tag team titles provided one of the better moments we've seen on Raw during an abysmal stretch of episodes. Bottom line, I see no reason at all to derail Cody and Goldust's momentum right now.

The less we see of The Usos, the better. They shouldn't even be in here. They should be getting future endeavoured, not receiving title shots! Seriously, they are one of the worst teams I have ever seen after 20+ years of watching. I can't stand them!!!!

What exactly do you dislike about the Usos? They are great in the ring, solid on the mic when given a chance to talk, they have a ton of charisma, and they have the crowd behind them. They're one of the better tag teams the WWE has had in a while.

With that being said, I actually see the Usos as a dark horse to win the titles here. Cody is set to break out into singles competition at any time so he and Goldust don't need the titles. The Shield just had a long reign and don't need the titles to be major heels. The Usos have a ton of momentum right now and giving them the belts makes a lot of sense. Plus by winning the titles in this type of setting it makes them look strong but won't necessarily make anyone else look weak.

This match comfortably stole the show, it was given plenty of time and all 3 teams got a chance to look great before they went into the extremely hot finishing sequence, Rollins works like a mid 90's HBK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back