• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HHH Pushing For Major WWE Developmental Overhaul

HHH will not have complete control or say when Vince retires or passes. I really believe Vince will die as the boss of wwe. HHH has had a great in ring career but that doesn't qualify him to be a good talent scout. Usually the guy that are announcers or jobbers are good at scouting talent and coaching them. Let's look at JR he may had missed on Swagger but every talent scout has had his hit and misses. If HHH gets a big say in creative and scouting I think wwe will struggle, he will only look out for his boy's just look at Shamus and how fast he been push, yes he has talent but without HHH he would only be a tag champ or Mid card champ when he began. I hope Shane comes back and decides to fallow in Vince foot steps, he seems more business smart than his sister and HHH.

I think it will be great for the business. It's well known that John Laurinitis is a completely incompetent, lying fool who has no idea how to do his job. (Just ask Jim Cornette abou the difference between JR and John from his time at OVW) So Triple H taking over for him in overseeing developental will be great. From what I've read and heard, Triple H has a pretty good mind for how to do things behind the scenes. And, of course, JR has a proven track record.

Also, I'm betting HBK will be involved in development somehow. There were reports years ago that Triple H and HBK would take over developmental when Vince stepped aside. And I think that, too, would be great for business. I think the developmental system(I don't think it will be FCW anymore, that may be a lost cause by this point) will run a lot smoother and produce better, more ready stars.

HHH will not have complete control or say when Vince retires or passes. I really believe Vince will die as the boss of wwe. HHH has had a great in ring career but that doesn't qualify him to be a good talent scout. Usually the guy that are announcers or jobbers are good at scouting talent and coaching them. Let's look at JR he may had missed on Swagger but every talent scout has had his hit and misses. If HHH gets a big say in creative and scouting I think wwe will struggle, he will only look out for his boy's just look at Shamus and how fast he been push, yes he has talent but without HHH he would only be a tag champ or Mid card champ when he began. I hope Shane comes back and decides to fallow in Vince foot steps, he seems more business smart than his sister and HHH.

I gotta disagree with most, if not all, of this. First how is Jack Swagger a miss? Dude was World Champion. Yeah they brought him down the card again, but that doesn't mean he won't get back. I mean, CM Punk went from being World champion to holding the tag title with Kofi, and look where he is now. It's pretty common to bring a guy back down to Earth after you push them like that. The misses never make it to the show, they don't win World titles.

And I realize bashing Triple H in spite of all facts is the cool thing to do, but what the heck has Shane done to give you any indication he's smarter than his sister or Triple H? Every successful promoter in the history of promoting has pushed "his boys" if you consider Sheamus Trple H's boy. Sheamus was a guy that he thought had potential. They're not family, they're not best friends, they're not in a clique together. Triple H thought Sheamus had the look and potential to be a star. And guess what? He was right. Seems to me that's a sign he's a pretty good scout. Contrary to popular belief, Triple H doesn't just get behind guys he likes. He likes guys that he thinks can be good.

I think HHH would be the best person to take over when Vince is actually done. He has a good sense of the business as a whole. Just by his in-ring work you can tell he knows how to tell a story in a match. I think he has a wealth of knowledge that can be utilized.

And with Shane resigning, Stephanie being a mom while overseeing Creative, HHH is ripe for the position that currently holds (he's been insrumental in running the Gorilla Position so far) and he can oversee Developmental.

Assuming he places J.R. in that position, Ross has a decent eye for talent (previously noted) and he has a passion for this business that might not be prevelant in FCW right now. If the feeling is the place is running unchecked I think placing anyone who is directly linked to "Stamford" and HHH should really light a fire. Maybe less Johnny Ace "Freaks" and more emphasis on ring work might be an improvement.

I would assume that mic work would be a major piece added to the regimen as every new person that came up recently can't talk (exception: Barrett, Del Rio). I don't count Dolph Ziggler or The Miz because they've been around since OVW. I also think this could help the in ring work of these guys so they can tell a story more in a match instead of the 7 minute spotfest we have now. I'm sure they can learn to use those seven minutes more wisely.

And why is it so hard to believe Trips isn't already planning the transition? He might be wrestling Taker for his last match at 'Mainia. There have been discussions in the past about HBK helping with developmental. Today's topic. William Regal (friend & mentor to HHH) is backstage as a producer. Booker T (friend) is a TE trainer. Kevin Nash (friend) might be backstage with Creative. Isn't in possible that HHH is building his "cabinet" for an ACTUAL HELMSLEY ADMINISTRATION?

1. The reason Jack Swagger got jobbed down was because he got too big for his britches.
2. Jim Cornette dislikes Johnny Ace? Well, who the fuck doesn't he dislike? Serious question, the man has some sort of hatred for every member of the WWE, TNA, WCW and ECW creative minds.
3. I'm all for this. Triple H has a good head for business and stepping up the developmental territory is the best way to insure a good future for the WWE.

1. The reason Jack Swagger got jobbed down was because he got too big for his britches.
2. Jim Cornette dislikes Johnny Ace? Well, who the fuck doesn't he dislike? Serious question, the man has some sort of hatred for every member of the WWE, TNA, WCW and ECW creative minds.
3. I'm all for this. Triple H has a good head for business and stepping up the developmental territory is the best way to insure a good future for the WWE.

Agreed. Jim Cornette's been all talk ever since forever ago and hasn't done a damn thing in wrestling. HHH wanting to step up is great. Just a question, do you guys think that HHH taking might inspire to get out of PG-TV and take it up a notch? I've always wondered about that since it most likely seems that Trips will be the one taking after Vinman retires or at least takes a more inactive roll in WWE.

Johnny Ace is one of the biggest banes to Pro Wrestling by him being anything more than a road agent giving suggestions, He was never a real big individual Talent to begin with and really he is another part of the puzzle for WCW going under. He has consistently failed upwards. Jim Cornette was his manager at one stage so Jim Cornette knows him and probably dislikes him for a very good reason.

Anyway Triple H at the very least overseeing Development to some degree will be excellent for the new guys that come through, not everyone needs to go through development, it would help if they had the occasional old style Jobber match on RAW or SmackDown or even Superstars of the Developmental talent to try them out at a tv shown level.

It would also help if they hired wrestlers first, bodybuilders/ex football players second. There has been too much emphasis on the Look rather than the skills for the last few years, which is again down to Johnny Ace.

It would also help if they hired wrestlers first, bodybuilders/ex football players second. There has been too much emphasis on the Look rather than the skills for the last few years, which is again down to Johnny Ace.

Some bodybuilders that went from ACTUAL COMPETITIVE bodybuilding are Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Billy Grahm (competed in early 70's), The ultimate Warrior, John Cena, Tony Atlas as well as many many more successful guys. Todays wrestlers that some refer to as guys with the "bodybuilders look" actually suck as wrestlers, have zero charisma and less skill.... and are twigs (ziggler, morrison) that would have trouble in a mr la fitness contest let alone a real contest.

Lets calm down and try to be more accurate with this over false claim.

While I do know that there are some that have been successful Sting being a bigger one than a large number of the ones you mentioned. I was referring to the look when it came to the Body Builders, Also a number of those that you mentioned came from Wrestling families anyway, so it is difficult to tell how much of a factor bodybuilding comes into it. Especially since Cena is the only modern grappler mentioned. But the Big Bulky guys like Heidenriech, Snitsky, to a greater or lesser degree Ezekiel Jackson. I am also calm when I say the things I am saying, it is only the internets, it is not like it is serious business

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back