Hernandez Out Six Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
From the main page

PWInsider.com is reporting that TNA star Shawn Hernandez will be out of action for about 6 months following recent neck surgery. The angle run on Impact featuring Hernandez being beaten down by The Bristish Invasion faction will be the storyline reason for Hernandez's absence.

All I can say to TNA is this: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! TNA has fucked this one up beyond all belief. They had Hernandez pushed to the moon, ready to shock the world and take the World Title, and they fucked it up. Instead of giving the title to the guy the crowd was into and had been built up as unstoppable, they throw him back into the tag scene for no good reason at all. Sure he had that case, but no one ever mentioned anything about it. There was nothing resembling them pushing him towards it at all, and now it's too late. Six months is far too long to let a guy keep soemthing like that. People will have forgotten about him when he gets back and it would make no sense to just throw him into the main storyline, not after where he was when he left. TNA has messed this one up because they had to push Sting and Angle etc. and I love it!

This just goes to show, don't fuck with the British or you'll have to have extensive neck surgery.

In all seriousness, this is actually a good thing or Hernandez. People will forget just how impressive he is by the time he comes back. They'll soon be convinced he's the second coming once he's tossed some jobbers around, and we get some instant momentum. If he doesn't win the title when he does cash it in... suffice to say, it'll be more anti-climactic than a Triple H match. So really, really, really anti-climactic.

I'll be waiting with baited breath. I don't really have any reason to watch TNA other than Hernandez. That's me out of TNA for six months then.

This is probably the first time i've agreed with anyone but Hernandez had next to no momentum before this but I think unless Homicide does a storyline where he needs a partner, I don't see him having any decent momentum coming back.

It doesnt really matter, Hernandez needs a first start anyway and coming back in 6 moths time might give him just that.

Personally I think some time off will be good for Super Mex. Keep the stories going nice and long until everyone forgets about him then BAM, come back and storm the big names. He's got the fan base to pull it off, and more than enough in-ring talent.

This is also great for Homicide will get to cash in his briefcase and have a decent X title run

Definitely not a big loss. Why? Because they weren't doing jack all with him for the previous two months.

Yes, he was being shoved to the moon and beyond, but after his DQ ending with Sting, they randomly knocked him back down into Tag team matches.. and worse, no storyline tag team matches. I mean, L.A.X were involved in a Triple Threat at Lockdown, for a pair of Tag titles that they had zero connection to. They were only in the match, so they could be on the show.

At least with this injury, Hernandez doesn't have to worry about jobbing for 6 more months in meaningless Tag team matches until T.N.A decides to re-push him against someone like Angle, Sting or Lashley. And speaking of, which Lashley here.. it's not like Hernandez was going to be the next top guy with the strap anyways.

Seriously, Homicide will take the X-Division strap, and run with it. Hernandez's injury benefits Homicide. And because of that, Hernandez's injury benefits Hernandez as well. Like I said, he won't have to job in stupid, meaningless tag matches.

Wait, won't six months be when the NEXT feast or fired is? I think he's gonna end up being stripped of the briefcase. I mean, they can't have two of the same feast or fired briefcases going around at the same time, that would be just stupid.

Wait, won't six months be when the NEXT feast or fired is? I think he's gonna end up being stripped of the briefcase. I mean, they can't have two of the same feast or fired briefcases going around at the same time, that would be just stupid.
I think what's going to happen is that someone from the British invasion is going to use it. That's why it's in their possession right now. TNA figured out a way to make the best out of a bad situation. They brought in the British Invasion and immediately made them look legit by having them as the ones that put Hernandez on the shelf and they gave them the briefcase.

I think what's going to happen is that someone from the British invasion is going to use it. That's why it's in their possession right now. TNA figured out a way to make the best out of a bad situation. They brought in the British Invasion and immediately made them look legit by having them as the ones that put Hernandez on the shelf and they gave them the briefcase.

Ah, ok. I can't see Brutas Magnus/one of his friends in the main event, wrestling for the TNA Heavyweight Championship though. Maybe after TNA develops some gimmicks/ promo time for them they can rise to the top.

I am just wondering what they will do with the case. Will they give it to someone else or what? As we have seen in the WWE, that case can be very important and can build a superstar, TNA should give it to Morgan. But on to Hernandez. He is pretty good and deserved to have cashed it in, but he got screwed, kind of like Kennedy. I hope that this doesn't end LAX, I like them, I hope they bring some other Spanish wrestler in the group to keep it alive because one person can't do it their selves.

I am just wondering what they will do with the case. Will they give it to someone else or what? As we have seen in the WWE, that case can be very important and can build a superstar, TNA should give it to Morgan. But on to Hernandez. He is pretty good and deserved to have cashed it in, but he got screwed, kind of like Kennedy. I hope that this doesn't end LAX, I like them, I hope they bring some other Spanish wrestler in the group to keep it alive because one person can't do it their selves.

Well, 3 random british people beat him down, and took the case. So, apparently they will be holding it... And they don't even have a theme song... Wow TNA... Just wow...

I wish they would bring Joe Lider in to replace him for a few months,that would be awesome feuding with 3D.

Yeah, what the fuck happened on iMPACT with the Feast ofrFired Briefcase? Girls were distracting me from watching the show properly. Anyway, apparently it's not 6 months anymore, it's about 3 to 4 months. I like Hernandez, but he just doesn't have the "it" factor right now. There's just something missing from his character, and I think it may be the lack of charisma. He's a great performer, no doubt. But he just doesn't stand out to me as the guy who should be the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

This is a big loss to TNA though, because Mick Foley is the perfect man to put over Hernandez to make him look like a legitimate main event in TNA. Apparently Brutus Magnus and some randoms took his Briefcase. Well, what the fuck is TNA thinking? They should have given it to Bobby Lashley or Samoa Joe or something. Anyone is better than a guy who has barely even had a match on iMPACT. It's decisions like these that make me wonder why I watch TNA. Hell, I don't even pay much attention to the show anymore.

Hernandez would have made a better TNA World Champion than any of those other veterans who can barely walk, much less wrestle in the ring. If it's only 3 months, he can still come back strong and win the TNA World Title. But that's not very likely at all. It serves TNA right though, that's what happens when you push your older talent. When you actually want to push someone new, it backfires on you.

Wrestlezone said:
Update: Hernandez to Miss Less Time Than Originally Reported
by Nick Paglino
May 02, 2009
We previously reported that TNA star Shawn Hernandez would be missing around 6-9 months of ring time due to recent neck surgery, however, PWInsider.com is now reporting that Hernandez will NOT miss that much time, and his expected time away from the ring is now somewhere between 2 and 3 months.

Well, I guess he'll just have to cash it like right when he gets back, because its not six months, but 2 or 3 months is getting close to the next Feast or Fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back