Help!!!!!

Okay, I don't do this often, but I've exhausted every resource I have- friends, textbook, websites- and I've got nothing. I'm desperate, so I might as well ask here.

Does anyone know how to do some wavelength to frequency conversions? I know how to do most of it, I'm just confused with how you deal with the exponents (for some reason I have a feeling exponents is the wrong word to use here). And also, anyone familar with Planck's constant? I've looked it up and found two versions for some reason:

2m2u8pc.jpg

anyone know which is the correct one? I'm leaning towards the first.

I feel bad for asking here, but like I said, I'm desperate, and there's some smart people on here! Right? Thank chuuuu.

Flames Out
Dragon

Also,

Planck's constant = 6.626068 × 10-34 m2 kg / s

With the -34 being a power, and the m being squared

I know how to convert them, it's just arghhh it's hard to explain so I might as well show you a problem:

24cefex.jpg

I'm just confused with what to do with the 8 and the -7 to get the final 10 to the whatever, if that makes any sense.

And thanks for Planck's constant, that's what I thought it was.

Flames Out
Dragon

Yeah, I got that I'm just using jules for my energy photon conversion problems where I have to use Planck's constant.

This is driving me insane!

Flames Out
Dragon

I agree. I haven't taken Chem in forever. I vaguely remember this. If I remember right, you're supposed to add the exponents, but if you hear something different elsewhere, go with that.

That's what I thought, but for this one problem the two exponents were 8 and -8, which you know 8 + (-)8=0, but the final exponent answer was -1. And another problem had 8 and 14 and the final answer was -7.

Flames Out
Dragon

Then I think you're on your own this time hon. If there's anything else I can do let me knwo, but this is out of my league.

I haven't even looked at a chem equation since I stumbled through it nearly four years ago. How I managed a B, I'll never know.

The worst part is, I KNOW that I can remember how to do it, it's just stuck, like when you have a word stuck on the tip your tongue. Sorry,hun. :(

It's okay, I can ask my teacher tomorrow. Thanks though. :)

And a B in chem- very impressive. I have a C, my first since I was 11. :glare:

Flames Out
Dragon

I haven't even looked at a chem equation since I stumbled through it nearly four years ago. How I managed a B, I'll never know.

The worst part is, I KNOW that I can remember how to do it, it's just stuck, like when you have a word stuck on the tip your tongue. Sorry,hun. :(

Weird...my post isn't showing up- thanks anyways though! :) A B in Chem is better than how I'm doing.

Flames Out
Dragon

The most I learned in Math Class was how to figure out % in numbers or somthing. I'm going nowheres.

They're all out of order. And THIS is public in 11th grade?

Yeah, and I still have four essays to prepare for after this. :p I'm not sure if I get more work than other people in other public high schools do, but it's probably because I'm in New Jersey and because I'm in one of the top 10 public high schools in the state.

Flames Out
Dragon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back