Help me decide what DVD Im going to be getting tomorrow

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Im doing big buy up for stuff tomorrow. Mainly for Uni and since I am going to be in Town I decided Ill buy a couple of Wrestling DVDs. Since there are quite a few that are going for NZ$15

-Hulk Hogan Anthology
-Bret Hart (I have this one already)
-Tombstone
-Ultimate Ric Flair (Its the first one not the new one)
-Jake The Snake Roberts
-Self Destruction of the ultimate Warrior
-Dusty Rhodes (Got this one as well)
-Roddy Piper
-McMahon
-Brian Pillman
-Superstar Billy Graham
-RVD

Im not getting the RVD one. Im sure it is good but Ill get a more definitive one further down the track.

So other than the Brian Pillman one which should I get? Cause I am definately getting Pillmans.

If you're jsut getting one, I'd go with Flair. It's long, has a ton of good matches on it, and is worth the money. Or McMahon or Warrior just for their comedy.

Tombstone has the Undertaker's entire career spanned out, right? Its not that 15-0 WM exclusive, is it?

If its the one with 19 plus matches.. go with Tombstone. I loved that DVD.

(Also, why would you wanna buy DVDs - Hart & Rhodes - when you already have them?)

If you want a good story, I'd say..

Ultimate Warrior. Jake Roberts. Mr. McMahon. (in that order)

If you want a good DVD filled with wrestling matches..

Tombstone. Hulk Hogan Anthology. (in that order)

If you want one with promos and matches..

Roddy Piper. (I bought this the other day for $5.00 at Family Video, its well worth $5.00 for all the Piper's Pit segments alone. The story isn't half bad either.)

I'm not including the DVDs you said you owned, or the R.V.D. DVD you didn't wanna pick up. I'm also not including the Pillman DVD in which I second your choice with, as it was a great DVD.

I will say this much..

I own the first "Ultimate" Flair DVD.. and its over 10 hours of nothing. Royal Rumble 92, in its entirety. A match with Harley Race, Sting, and I think Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk and Ricky Steamboat. (I think) But overall, I have no clue how they filled it with 10 hours.. when it has under 10 whole matches. Maybe I miscounted too.

Also, I don't own the Billy Graham DVD because I never felt it was worth my time.

Actually that sounds about right for a flair DVD. What Funk, Steamboat and Race matches are they in terms of dates? I don't want to overly double up at some stage with the matches because I am getting the new Flair one when it comes out in New Zealand in a few weeks.

Actually that sounds about right for a flair DVD. What Funk, Steamboat and Race matches are they in terms of dates? I don't want to overly double up at some stage with the matches because I am getting the new Flair one when it comes out in New Zealand in a few weeks.

Taken from Amazon.com from their description and they normally aren't wrong..

Here is the official listings for this 3 DVD set due out November 18th, 2003.
"His name draws universal awe and admiration. He is the 16-time Heavyweight Champion of the world. He has held the World Championship more times than any competitor in the history of sports-entertainment. Fans around the world pay tribute by shouting his trademark "Woooooo!" He's influenced more Superstars than anyone else. There are legends and all-time greats, but there is only one Ric Flair.

Wrestling match footage from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. This includes some of Ric's most famous matches with: Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, and Sting.

Ric Flair vs. ... (shown in their entirety)

1. Harley Race Starrcade (11/24/83)

2. Dusty Rhodes Starrcade (11/28/85)

3. Barry Windham World Wide Wrestling (01/20/87)

4. Ricky Steamboat Clash of the Champions VI (04/02/89)

5. Ricky Steamboat WrestleWar (05/07/89)

6. Terry Funk I Quit Match Clash of the Champions IX (11/15/89)

7. Royal Rumble (01/19/92)

8. Sting Undisputed World Title Unification Clash of the Champions XXVII (06/23/94)

The DVD will also feature:

*Debut match with the WWWF vs. Pete Sanchez 3/1/76

*A day in the life of the Four Horsemen

*Flair'd match with Triple H from 5.19.03 Raw with a post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV

Plus all the promos & controversies surrounding his greatest matches against Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Terry Funk, Sting as well as his 1992 Royal Rumble victory.

My list of DVDs where I have watched Everything is small

- ECW Guilty as Charged 2000 -In Its Entirety
- ECW Hardcore Heaven 2000 -In Its Entirety
- ECW Living Dangerously 2000 -In Its Entirety
- WWE One Night Stand 2005 -In Its Entirety
- WWE Vengence 2005 -In Its Entirety
- Andre the Giant - Got up to a certain point in terms of the matches I have watched
- Hard Knocks The Chris Benoit story - The 1st Disc watched
- The Eddie Guerrero DVD The 1st disc
- Brian Pillman - Brand New for me so I will get onto that when I have a working DVD drive for my Laptop
- Jake Roberts - Again Brand New
- Bret Hart -In Its Entirety
- Dusty Rhodes - Documentary watched
- Rey Mysterio - Up to the second WCW match
- Heart Break and Triumph - 1st and 3rd discs watched
- The Lost episodes of the XWF - The problem with the lack of a workable DVD drive on my Laptop came just before I got this DVD

My list of DVDs where I have watched Everything is small

- ECW Guilty as Charged 2000 -In Its Entirety
- ECW Hardcore Heaven 2000 -In Its Entirety
- ECW Living Dangerously 2000 -In Its Entirety
- WWE One Night Stand 2005 -In Its Entirety
- WWE Vengence 2005 -In Its Entirety
- Andre the Giant - Got up to a certain point in terms of the matches I have watched
- Hard Knocks The Chris Benoit story - The 1st Disc watched
- The Eddie Guerrero DVD The 1st disc
- Brian Pillman - Brand New for me so I will get onto that when I have a working DVD drive for my Laptop
- Jake Roberts - Again Brand New
- Bret Hart -In Its Entirety
- Dusty Rhodes - Documentary watched
- Rey Mysterio - Up to the second WCW match
- Heart Break and Triumph - 1st and 3rd discs watched
- The Lost episodes of the XWF - The problem with the lack of a workable DVD drive on my Laptop came just before I got this DVD

Completely watched in its entirety:

Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Bret Hart
Tombstone
RVD
Royal Rumble Anthology
Wrestlemania Vol. 3 & 4
Shawn Michaels: Boyhood Dream
Shawn Michaels: From The Vault
Monday Night Wars
E.C.W.: Rise & Fall
E.C.W.: Blood Sport
Mick Foley: Greatest Hits & Misses
Triple H.
The Rock
Steve Austin
Ladder Match
Raw 15 Year Anniversary
----

Possibly more that I'm forgetting. I don't count Pay Per Views (minus the anthology sets) because I own almost every p.p.v. from the summer of 96 on, minus a couple here and there from the end of 96/early 97. I know I own every p.p.v. from mid 97 to present.

EDIT: X.W.F. - Is that the promotion Jimmy Hart, Brian Knobbs and Hulk Hogan tried running? I bought that DVD and watched all three DVDs of it, minus I believe the Hogan v. Hennig match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back