• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Heavy Rain"

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
[YOUTUBE]JKPPdgBK3r8[/YOUTUBE]

This is what a game should be, in my opinion. Well, at least the ones that are trying to pass themselves of as serious or true to life. Obviously Mario and Sonic and other characters need not take notice of this since they are shooting for something completely different but generally, this is what everyone should be looking to accomplish in the field of Action and Adventure. There is a great mystique surrounding this game and the intrigue is only heightened by the wonderful story and fantastic characters that carry out the actions of the gamer. Personally, I am a dyed-in-the-wool Microsoft fan boy and I hate to admit when Sony have got themselves onto a winner but this game cannot be denied. It looks absolutely amazing and could have been a movie if it wasn't a game. It is completely original and the story just sounds epic. Apparently, it revolves around "ordinary people who are put into extraordinary circumstances" in the hope of catching the mysterious deviant known as the Origami Killer. Seriously, this game looks and sound epic. Sony will probably scoop all of the awards next year with this game if it manages to live up to the hype and I sincerely hope it does.

I haven't gone far away from the Madden's and the Grand Theft Auto's of the gaming world. You know, the ones where you can hit the 'ON' button and get right into the game, throwing touchdowns or mowing down grannies with taxis right from the get-go. I don't really do the "story" games so much.

This game.. it intrigues me. I love shows like Lie to Me and Law and Order. It was almost like I was watching a preview to what could have been an episode, or even a movie. They did a wonderful job with the trailer, because now I'm hooked in. I want to know more, and I want to play it.

My only concern is the gameplay. Most of what they showed looked like "movie clips", or whatever you'd call them, from the game. I want to know how fluid the gameplay is. Because when you have a game like this, you have to hit the nail on the head or it takes a lot away from the game. You can have an amazing story, but if I can't get into the feel of the game, ultimately, you fail.

Oh thunder dave I agree 100%. I've been looking forward to this game since i heard about it YEARS ago. We're so close now. Characters, PLAYABLE characters die & the story continues! All centered around a serial killer mystery. Sounds great, just hope it delivers after all the delays.

I've been raving about this game for months. I'm the one who pointed it out to Dave, in fact. I'm a big believer in the theory that games are an art form, and in terms of creativity, Heavy Rain looks like a masterpiece. I love being immersed in a game, gripped by a story and I love to feel attached to characters. One day I discovered this game that I hadn't really heard of called Fahrenheit. I looked it up and it had great reviews, but all the reviews were rather vague. The game was cheap so I decided to pick it up. I took it home, stuck it into my Xbox and turned it. What followed was 10 of the most amazing, gripping hours of gaming I'd ever played.... It was an interactive movie, you decided everything that happened in the awesome plot. The dialogue was so beautifully acted and the character models looked great. You went on a journey with a character you genuinely liked and it was cool. There were cool little touches, like the sanity meter. When bad things happened, your character started getting unhinged. If it got too low, he'd get depressed and at its lowest, the character would kill himself.

You can put in all the guns and sex you want. Make the characters swear and do drugs. But this, my friends, is a true mature game.

Now, Fahrenheit had it's flaws. There were some irritating parts of the game, but most games have that. But Heavy Rain looks so much better, so much deeper, so much more interesting. And that's really saying something. I'm looking forward to this game so much.

I can't wait for this game either, got my copy pre-ordered.

Enjoyed Fahrenheit a lot (my copy froze so had to buy another, had to see how the game finished). Loved the branching and feel of the game, for example the second "scene" when you're game could end by not putting the bloody clothes into the washing mashine before the police arrived.
Despite a few flaws it may have had hopefully it is gonna live up to the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back