Heat as a seperate brand

I was thinking today that wwe could seperate RAW from Heat and use it as a show for all wwe talent rather than them just on RAW.

Im not saying have it as a fourth brand just as a place for the under-used talent on the WWE roster from RAW, SD! and ECW. Most notably people like Val Venis, the likes of: Eugene, Funaki, Jamie noble and Balls Mahoney and Stevie Richards.

It would give them all TV time and a chance to try out new gimmicks, different style matches and so forth.

What do you guys think?
I mean i know it will never happen but...

I think it's stupid. The whole point of heat is to give these guys chances to be on TV and it's just on the wwe website now. If it was made into a seperate brand it would be a disaster of epic proportions. Just keep Heat as Raws minor show.

D-Squared...that is an amazing idea. !!!! damn! i see your point clear as effing day. and maybe put new titles on heat ya know? and have heat maybe air on the channels all over the world that aired saturday nights main event. that would be sweet. i mean, since it was your thought, what day would you like to see it on? do you think if they actually did that, it would go back to being sunday night heat? and then that night, they run promos inbetween matches on heat advertising for the pay per view on that particular sunday?

I wouldnt go as far as to give it new titles, i mean the wwe has far too many now. But if there was to be new titles id keep it like ECW and just have one. (Id also give that title to the deserving Val Venis.)

I would also film it before RAW and still have it air on a different night but just use talent from all three brands rather than just from RAW.

I do like your ideas of advertising the upcoming PPV's on the show jawn87, they could do a lot of advertising for the next editions of RAW, SD and ECW on the show aswell.

so really it wouldnt be a bad idea. and yeah i see your point about only having one title, it would give the ppvs 10 potential matches but then again sometimes some titles arent even defended. but i heard ecw was getting tag titles?

This idea would never work. The guys on Heat are guys that can't get over and establish themselves with fans its the jobber & tryout show for RAW...ECW is the new training ground for im coming talent. You put Heat back on TV as a seperate brand it would be a failure nobody would care and it wouldn't draw ratings and theres no need for another brand...I hate having 3 brands in the first place. No...keep Heat on WWE.com

hey, heat drew very good ratings back in the day. and it wouldnt be a bad idea. because for one, it makes WWE bigger. and yes i believe that it would be more interesting to see this happen simply because then they will have sweeter storylines with guys who havent even wrestled each other yet because they are on different brands.

i think WWE has way too many brands as it is, i would rather have them stop this Raw, SD!, and ECW stuff, well ECW can continue, its a good training for younger up and comers, but Raw and SD! IMO should just go back to being regular shows

so in other words, no new brand, heat should just stay heat, unless they could make it a brand of pure exciting wrestling with guys like shelton, jeff, paul london, brian kendrick, jaime noble, the rest of the cruiserweights, cm punk, nitro, burke, a brand with just these talents wrestling would be interesting, kinda like WWEs version of the x division, but a little bit weaker, but they shouldnt put a belt there, just make it a show for younger talents that we love to see but dont get to see as much, they would still be on Raw SD! or ECW, but would also wrestle on heats...

thats the only way i think it would work =/

When i said have it as a seperate brand i didnt mean a mainstream brand like RAW, SD and ECW i meant as a little hour long show for the under-used talent and when heat is over they all go back to their respective brands.

Afan 21, i dont know about america but here in the UK Heat is shown on TV, is that not the case in the states?

lol i never get to watch heat, in brazil the only wwe program they have is ECW.. and its like a couple of months behind, thank god we have the internet to download the shows...and ppvs...for free... heauheaha

anyway, i guess i got ur idea wrong D-squared, are ideas are pretty much the same then, but i dont think they should put guys like val venis on the show, i think they should make it just an exciting wrestling experience, get the young guys with those amazing talents to just put on some damn good matches, i think every wrestling fan would love to see shelton wrestle much more, and with guys more his style, no storyline, no feuds, just ''you wanna see some action? u gotta it'', it would also be a good show to shut TNA up and prove WWE can still give us some exciting x division like matches...

It wouldn't work as a show for exciting talents because the WWE has banned so many moves, it takes all the excitement out of the matches...I mena, London can't use the 450 and the Shooting Star press and who knows what guy is going to get hurt by accident and then they ban another move...WWE should concern itself with putting more talent on their current shows and making them more exciting...HEaT was a good show back in the day but there's no room for it on tv anymore...the underutilized talents should get a shot in ECW to establish themselves and turn ECW into a 2 hour show

oh yeaaa... i 4got about that =(... i didnt know they banned the 450 and shooting star press... no wonder london doesnt do it anymore... welll there goes my idea, most of the exciting moves are already banned anyways... god i wish WWE would go back to WWF, stop being so gay

i mean back when it was WWF they did much riskier stuff but didnt get injured as much.. or did they?? im not sure

it just seems wierd, how can these guys get injured so much even havin such an limited move set? back in the day every main eventer would go through hell in the ppvs and still be fine for Raw the next day, nowadays its like 3 gimmick mathes a year for the main eventers.. and they still get hurt! o_O

I like that idea. A lot.

Hell, make it like the GREATEST F'N WRESTLING SHOW ever conceived...WCW Saturday Night.

Nothing but straight, gimmick-free matches featuring WWE's REAL talent (Benjanim, Hardy, et. al). Also, bring in other wrestlers (Japan and Mexico), to have them showcase their talents as well.

RAW is ok sometimes...although it's getting (marginally) better. Smackdown is boring, and ECW...an abomination.

I think this would be a stupid idea!

Heat is and will always be the undecard. It was mainly the undercard for the PPV's and now its the undercard for raw.

Just accept it, WWE has too many brands as there is and they should jus scrap raw and SD and keep ECW as a seperate entity. as some1 said

Ok, I like the Devils Advocate idea here. So I have 2 cents and an idea spawned from that one.

Obviously, the WWE brands are stretched to their limit as it is and a fourth brand would fail miserably. So no, I do not want to see Heat as a fourth brand. In fact, I say cancel the show altogether.

In it's place, however, I WOULD very much like to see OVW televised for one hour per week. I'd like to keep up on some of the next talents. I totally understand if WWE wants to keep them "under wraps" so they can have freedom with the gimmicks when the call-up occurs, but still. I would sooner catch an hour of OVW than ever watch Heat.

NO WAY should they make Heat a seperate brand, ther is 3 brands already and look wat has happened, ECW has only 20 superstars and divas on ther roster, this includes tazz and joey styles. They need to bring some of the new talent up from OVW or Florida Championship Wrestling and start them off on ECW too fill out the roster. Or on Smackdown! , Raw does not need anyone at the moment, all they need is some excitement, they have plenty of superstars on the roster (30+) while smackdown has around the 30 mark and ECW has only 18 actual wrestlers, 20 if u include tazz and joey styles.
i hear that nattie neidhart and harry smith are doing very well in OVW, perhaps they should be sent to ECW in the near future?

yes, i also belive that they have way too many brands, hence why i said they should scrap Raw and SD! as brands

but im not saying make heat a brand, just keep it as a show, like raw and SD! were b4, but make it a all wrestling show just for us to enjoy the talent that WWE has but doesnt use as much as we want them too, no storyline, no gimmick matches, no feuds, just 2 talented exciting wrestlers going head to head for an hour

WWE has some amazing talented wrestlers(though most of them lack mic skills or charisma, wich is why they usually never get to main event level), but cant use them will on SD! and Raw, so let us see them on heat, better than watching it like the crap it is today right?

even with so many banned moves, they can still put on good matches, jimmy wang yang, super crazy, and jeff still do some good spots, and the other talent can still make some exciting cruiserweight like matches...

To be honest I don't like the whole brand thing anyway, I don't mind ECW being separate because thats SHOULD be a different show completely, no matter how much they are ruining it now, but I want it to go back to full roster working both smackdown and raw, and even heat. I know a lot of people would have problems with this because there are a lot of guys and not enough air time for them all, but with the sd and raw divide there are a lot of good matches that just don't happen!

It's Sunday Night Heat, and it's 2007, who has cared about that show since, oh, 1999? It's meaningless, and has been meaningless. I'll be fair, it did have some meaning in 2003ish when they brought Velocity along and they used Heat as the minor show to Raw, and V for Smackdown.

Now, Heat is on the internet, it rarely has anyone worth while wrestling on there. I appreciate Val Venis, but he shouldn't be on TV, he should be in O.V.W. training the young talent. Regal, probably should be the commish of Raw.

Heat serves no purpose. There are no story lines and just keeps guys that haven't made it on Raw in years a spot on the roster. There is a place for the Heat regulars, well two, one, the unemployment line, or two OVW. The vets should be training, and the young talent shouldn't be on TV yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back