• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

He was wasted (not about Petey Williams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtremeSwagga93

Insert Funny Title Here
From Wrestlezone:
We can now confirm that TNA has also released Jimmy Rave from the company.

To many this might not sound like a big deal, and to one extent or another really isn't. It isn't going to have a profound effect on TNA, nor is it gonna hurt any division. However I truly believe Jimmy Rave could have been a better asset to TNA than what he actually turned out to be.

This guy was a great heel back in ROH, he was able to really draw heel heat, which is something that not all heels can always get from the fans especially the indy fans it seems sometimes. Jimmy was good in the ring as well.

Lately it seems the X-Division has been lacking in quality heels, and I think a guy like Rave would have been able to be a top heel in the division if given the chance. The feuds he could have had with guys like Lethal, Sabin, and Shelley and other top X-Division stars would have helped make the X-Division a little more exciting.

It sucks that they put him into that stupid team with Lance Hoyt/Rock that didn't go anywhere. In my opinion TNA wasted Jimmy Rave, he could have been used a whole lot better in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Totally agree with how Rave was misused.

First of all he was put into a jobber tag team with Lance rock or whatever and made into a jobbers that were only used to fill up multi team matches in ppvs,so everyone had a match like tna do too much of the time.They barely made appearences on impact to even job which i think is a complete waste so in those regards you might say "fuck him".But thats the booker's fault.

From what I saw in ROH and recently on ppvs,he is quite the talent and could have been put to more use in singles x division matches,which are severely lacking at the moment.Hell,even make him a jobber rather than using sharkboy and shit like that.The better the opponent,the more over the wrestler becomes is the logic I see.So why can't tna see.:headscratch:

And for goodness sake,think of the people who could have been released instead.Sharkboy for example.

When will tna realise that better wrestlers=better matches=more money.

It's fucking simple.

I'm not all that familiar with Jimmy Rave outside of TNA, so I would like to ask the following question: Is he good on the mic? Personally, I would think that he wouldn't be, as The Rock 'n' Rave Infection's mouthpiece was Christy Hemme, someone who will never be in contention for a Promo of the Year Award.

In the professional wrestling environment of today, being able to do promos is just as, if not more, important than the actual wrestling skills you have. While I agree with you that Rave was talented, think of all of the other wrestlers similar in size in WWE and TNA that are athletically talented as well (besides Petey Williams, since he's also dunzo in TNA): Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne, Jeff Hardy, The Brian Kendrick, Rey Mysterio, Gregory Helms, A.J. Styles, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Daivari, Eric Young, Homicide, Consequences Creed, Jay Lethal, and probably a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head. Essentially, I made this list to point out the fact that there are plenty of talented but small wrestlers in WWE and TNA that these aforementioned companies really have no desire to push. Sure, TNA may have an X-Division and they may say that this is what distinguishes them from WWE. But, their actions speak louder than their words. So, in conclusion, given the small demand for wrestlers like Rave, I just think it is the case that he just didn't have (for the time being) what it took to survive in what is truly a big man's world.

to be honest, im more worried about the fact that its two mainly x-division guys who have got the chop so far........its making me a little concerned about the direction tna may be heading, ie futher away from the x-division, especially as ey is rumoured to be next according to the main site.

what sucks most is that theyve cut jimmy without really giving him a chance to prove himself as a singles competitor. he's shown definate signs of improvement over recent monthsm but is still one of the first names out of the door.

sucks about petey too. who the fuck is shelley gonna feud with?

I'm not all that familiar with Jimmy Rave outside of TNA, so I would like to ask the following question: Is he good on the mic? Personally, I would think that he wouldn't be, as The Rock 'n' Rave Infection's mouthpiece was Christy Hemme, someone who will never be in contention for a Promo of the Year Award.
I couldn't tell you for sure as I can't think of any promos of his right now off the top of my head. However, as I mentioned in my above post, he got over massively as a heel in ROH, they would even throw toilet paper at him sometimes until ROH banned fans from bringing it into the building. He was apart of The Embassy and was manged by Prince Nana.

Considering the top heels in the X-Division right now are I don't know, Sonjay Dutt or Shiek Bashir, I think he could have used his ability to get over as a heel to make the X-Division a bit more entertaining.

This blows. AJ and Joe picked him as the next break-out star from the X-Division. Every match he was in he got a crowd reaction (mostly the headscissors into fujiwara armbar, but also Rock the World), Christy Hemme just got over as a face, and they cut Lance Rock loose, why on earth couldn't they try Jimmy out as a solo X-Division star?

He's well liked by everyone and can outwrestle half the company, so this is a shame. Back to ROH I guess...

Someone raised the point about it being mainly X-Division stars and I had that worry too. If you ask me people took notice of them because of that same X-Division, the division that has made 2 main-eventers (AJ and Joe) and one more guy that could end up being one (Daniels). It was loaded from top to bottom and its stars stole the show. However in the last couple of years they haven't bothered to bring in new talent and make the division grow and it's suffered. Lethal is okay, the Guns are great, Petey WAS good, but beyond that it's just undersized guys, not X-Division guys (Bashir, EY).

They seem to be wanting to promote larger guys, perhaps to keep up with WWE? Signing all these larger guys and cutting loose a pair of under 6-footers... and Lance Rock. It's depressing really, they're putting Nash, Steiner and Sting in main events and as much as I love Nash's talking and Sting's past, not one of them can wrestle a lick anymore and are there for mild name recognition only. They're probably each making double the salary of someone like Petey or Jimmy Rave but can't actually wrestle. I don't think people are paying to see Nash and Steiner anymore, Sting perhaps, but certainly not Steiner.

Isn't the whole point of the Main Event Mafia storyline to get the younger, TNA original, X-Division style guys? The MEM are meant to dominate for a while but ultimately the originals band together and win the war and become established stars. And yet they cut loose Petey, an established, multi-time X-Division champion who is very over, they cut loose Jimmy Rave before he ever got a chance to shine. If I were Sonjay Dutt I'd be watching my back...

Well, look at it this way, at least now if the W.W.E. wants they could start a Rockband. hehe, get it? get it? Eh, nevermind.

Anyways, Jimmy Rave.. in my opinion, wasn't ever truly talented to begin with. (*waits for RoH nuts to jump all over this*) He was a random name within the X-Division, and whether anyone likes it or not, the Guitar Hero gimmick gave him a personality. While I do admit I'm sure if he could pull that off, he could've pulled anything off.. the fact remains, he was never talented enough to over shadow the likes of the MCMG, Kaz, or any other top name in the X-Division.

He was used exactly for what he was needed for, to be a filler. And with Lance Hoyt/Rock being cut as well, it truly didn't give Rave any real place in the company other than that of a jobber.

If W.W.E. ever decides to bring back their cruiserweight division, he might get a tryout, but once again I doubt highly he'd ever be anything worth anything.

i agree i think they could of made rave a top contender for the x divsion title and he could of put on great ppv matches with creed shelly sabin homcide storm roode etc. i mean i no rave was eventally going to get fired but i wish they used him way better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back