• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

He Should Have Been Champion - Kane

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
This is a thread series I'm starting in which I will be talking about wrestlers who won world championships but didn't win them at the right time.

Everyone marked out with Kane won the title last month because many felt it was a long time coming. There have been many instances in which Kane should have been champion but Vince failed to capitalize.

After Bad Blood in 2003, Kane faced HHH in a Title vs. Mask match. HHH won due to interference from Flair and Orton and Kane was forced to unmask. He did so and in the following weeks Kane chokeslammed Bischoff off the stage, set J.R. on fire, and tombstoned Linda McMahon. He went on to feud with Shane for three months and participated in a triple threat match at Armageddon coming up short.

Kane should have at least been champion somewhere during those last six months of 2003. He looked dominant and scary as he's ever been and that was the only time I've liked him. The problem I had was that he was put against Shane and bascially made him Kane's equal. I was never too impressed with Goldberg as champion and that is where Kane should have come in and be that dominant force yet again. Kane wasn't going to be a face champion so they would have to find a win to transition from HHH to Kane with maybe a triple threat match at Summerslam instead of the Elimination Chamber could have worked.

So do you think Kane should have been champion in 2003 or was there another time to put the belt on him? Would be there a significant effect on RAW with Kane as champion?

I don't think much would have changed honestly. HHH had the WHC for 9 months in 2003. Kane would have had an Orton-like reign where it lasted about a month or so. I do think they should have given him a better chance in the Attitude Era though. I'm pretty cool with how things turned out though. That was 7 years ago, no need to be upset about something like this. Kane is champion now and he deserves it.

kane should not be champ now??? swagger christian matt hardy or kofi!? would be better champs and raw fucked up cuz sheamus is a shitty champ too iam done with wwe till they both loose the titles lets see how abt hell in the cell when trips and taker returns and they both walkout champs!

I liked the fact that back then wrestlers could be dominant without being champions, like they were such a dominant force that they didn't need a title to prove it, even the champions were a bit scared of guys like Kane back then which i think was better, not like today where unless you've held the title you're 'mid-card' in everyone's opinion. In my opinion Kane's lack of championship made him even more scary coz it meant there was no purpose to his evil, he was just evil for the sake of being evil...way better i think

Kane or should I say Gleen Jacobs should of been rewared along time ago. I know he was WWE Champ back in 1998 but that was for 24hrs & Austin was the champ again. He has done alot of dumb shit that McMahon & company has asked him to do & he has been a pro about it the entire time. From Issac Yankeem D.D.S. to fake Diesel. And let us not forget that horrible Katie Vick storyline. Plus for a 7ft 300lber, he is a very decent wrestler. The Kane gimmick has been way over from the beginning & as a life long WWE fan, I am happy to finaly see him get his due.

Kane deserved to have a longer title reign when he won it off of Austin in the late 90's instead of a 24 hour period. 2003 is very questionable when he was fueding with Triple H, But now Kane is a very deserving champion. To be honest, I don't know who I'd rather see with the belt on Smackdown as of right now. Too bad he's probably going to dump it to The Undertaker at Hell in a Cell in a few months.

kane should not be champ now??? swagger christian matt hardy or kofi!? would be better champs and raw fucked up cuz sheamus is a shitty champ too iam done with wwe till they both loose the titles lets see how abt hell in the cell when trips and taker returns and they both walkout champs!
First Off That guy is an idiot... Im just saying. Horrible Grammar, A basic Spam Message. Dude needs an Infraction.

Secondly Had Kane Won the title back then, it would have hardly mattered, The way TripleH was going through people He would have lost in less than a month, A la Orton's title run. If kane won in 2003 the ONLY thing different would be he would be a 3 time heavyweight champ instead of two. Nothing would have shifted, Nothing would have changed. Simply Put, Had he won, everything would have stayed the same. Lets be honest, In Kanes Long Career He hasnt had a huge amount of major feuds. Excluding the undertaker ones. He would have had the title and lost a few weeks later, But at least thats better than 24 hours i suppose.

As much as I have been wanting Kane to be champ in the past, I think this was the RIGHT time for him. I really do like Christian, and think Dibiase could also be a good one too, but I do prefer the people who haven't had the BIG spotlight yet. I was a bit skeptical of this angle at first, but Glen Jacobs is a very articulate, and kind person outside of the ring. He does bleed WWE through and through, and you never hear any bad things about him on the dirt sheets. I think it was a well deserved win. Had it been any sooner, I truly think the timing would NOT have worked in his favor. I think this is probably one of THE lines that he probably was wanting along the way since he has made mention of the fact that he has just about another few years left in this business. Just like HBK, if he is to go sooner, rather than later, why not go out on a high note battling one of the BIGGEST people in WWE...Undertaker? Besides, I'm probably getting a little ahead of myself here, but everything happens for a reason, and I think this was the right time for Kane's title run. Its brought out a new side to him, with these impressive promos that I'm always looking forward to every Friday night, you never know what new suspense will be revealed in the "Who took out 'Taker?" situation. To be honest, (and this will reveal my age) I haven't recalled this much speculation since the "Who shot JR" cliffhanger on Dallas. Of course I'm probably a little marked up, but like I said, I think it was the time, the place, and the right set of circumstances for a long time worker like him. I say I wouldn't want them (WWE creative/CEO's etc..) to change a thing. :thumbsup:

Nah Kane hasn't deserved it in recent years. I would have loved him as a champ in the past years but alas I never could see it happening. However when he was champion back in '99 he should have held it longer than 24 hours well as long as he is champ now it's good.

That's probably the time frame when Kane was at his best... He was feuding with the top guy in the company and champion... There were numerous other times when he was getting a push, like when he was involved in the storyline with Rock and Hogan... Obviously when he first came in he was dominant as fuck too...

But when he was face feuding with HHH and then lost his mask and went MONSTER MONSTER Heel was the perfect time...

As you can probably tell by my screen name, I am a BIG Kane fan and have been since he came into the WWE. As far as Kane winning the World title, I agree that if he would have won it in 2003, he wouldn't have held it very long because the company was all about Triple H back then. I have been saying for years that Kane aka Glen Jacobs deserved a title run that lasted longer that 1 day. Everyone likes to talk about how Cena is the face of the company but long before he became the "centerpiece", Kane was out there doing whatever ridiculous storyline they put him in. Remember Katie Vick and his "marriage" to Lita? He jobbed to everyone to help the up and coming newbies get "over". The true fans have always supported him and now it is nice to see the WWE finally rewarding him for all his contributions to them and this business. You know I would like to see him hold on to the belt for a while. Why does he automatically have to lose it to Taker when Taker comes back? Taker is not invincible and the upcoming feud would be great if Kane beats Taker the first few times before Taker is finally able to take the title from Kane. This way Kane gets the title run he deserves and the feud would be an awesome storyline between the Brothers of Destruction!!!

Kane does deserve this and it was indeed a long time coming. Very underrated wrestler who has been very reliable throughout the years. Glad that the WWE finally gave him the title.

i agree kane deserves the title but we all know he is going to lose it to taker so lets hope that wwe creative doesent drop the ball with this fued that could easily last untill wrestlemania and be the best kane has ever had

I like Kane and I'm glad to see his years of service being rewarded but, to me, he's a lot like Mick Foley was back in the day. He's a guy who's over, no matter what creative do to him and, because of that, anything he's involved in is a big deal. In other words he doesn't need the title, it's just a prop for him. I'd love to see it that it isn't Kane who did over the Undertaker but, I have a sneaking suspicion that it could end up being Edge who did the Taker, and what better way for him to return to Smack Down then by winning the title from Kane

It would have been nice, but in all titles are props. Just think of all the really over wrestlers who never had a world title, Scott Hall, JYD Any WWE heel in the 80's. I think most of Kane's feuds were bigger than Titles, and I wish that we could have more personal feuds and compelling story telling. Kane is an enigma bigger than titles, and always is a main eventer, or at least a show stealer.

wow, so you just named 3 mid card guys who may never win world titles (Kofi is still up in the air) and then a transitional champ in swagger. congratulations, you fail.

YES Kane deserved it then, but only if it was more then a month or 2. like Benoit's run, he held it for a decent amount of time. but if you would have asked me to place money on it in '03 if i thought Kane would win it? fuck ya i woulda done it! seemed like just as big a push as when he first entered, then boom. nothing. and went right back to jobbersville right after.. maybe if he ever releases a book we could find out why.

but VERY happy with him as champ now.

I agree with it from when he went on the rampage after having his masked removed. I think another moment where they were teasing at him possibly getting the championship but something fell though was 2 years ago. He was having a feud with Rey and kept carrying around the sack. This seemed like it was meant to be a lot more than the one or two ppv matches that he had with Rey. I think it would have been an opertune time for him to win the world title.

I've been a Kane fan since he debuted. He was always my favorite wrestler, from the mask to the pyro he was the ultimate badass to me. But honestly i dont care at all that he is the champion right now. He hasent been relevant to me for about 4-5 years, probably since his fued with Edge ended. This run as champ is way to late. If he had won the belt in October of 02 against Triple H at No Mercy I would be mentioning it in every post I make about Kane. But that never happened.

He continued to stay relevant when he teamed with RVD, fueded with him, fueded with Shane, Taker, HBK, Matt Hardy, Edge all of those fueds I loved watching. But he never won the title. He hasent done anything noteworthy at all and at 43 he has been declining in the ring for a while.

No matter how hard I try I just dont care at all about this. Its way too late in his career for him to hold the belt and we all know where it will lead, to him fueding with Taker.....again. Sorry WWE but this is another fail.

In 2002 just after the World Title was created for HHH. Kane was on another role winning IC, Tag Titles (winning the 4th TLC in the process) then HHH proceeds to beat him. Meh?
THen as the topic starter said in 2003 another chance for Kane to win the title but instead he was used to put HHH over more.

After that maybe in 2007 when Edge got injured just as the new Edge vs Kane feud over the world title started (Edge's 3rd world title win cashing MITB on Taker. Taker was injured, Batista was barred from fighting Edge). It went to Khali and the feud went straight to Batista vs Khali (with a bit of Rey Rey) with no mention of Kane. I would of preferred Kane over Khali for those couple of months.

It should have been in 1998, but I think there's more potential in looking at his feud versus Triple H. Let's say Kane won the title off of Hunter, and dominated like only Kane could. Tears through most of the roster, and is the main opposition to the hated Evolution. Gets over big with the fans and is judged a legitimate champion before he looses it to Hunter or Orton or Batista and thus splinters Evolution like in the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back