Haye vs Harrison

Барбоса

doesn't know REAL wrestling...
What a shambles of a fight.

One round of staring at each other; one of Haye's finding his range and then one of Haye landing punches. Harrison claimed that it was his destiny to win the WBA Heavyweight Title from David Haye... Audley, you will never win any big fight WITHOUT THROWING A MEANINGFUL PUNCH!

EDIT: Just got the stat that in eight minutes of 'action' Harrison threw 32 punches and landed with one

Is this what the heavyweight division has been reduced to when the Klitschkos are not involved and the American contingent is so poor?

Surely now it is time for Haye to have a go at Wladimir sometime next year?

I think that Haye faces one or both of the Klitschko brothers next year. However, I don't think that he beats either.

Haye was dwarfed in the ring tonight, by Audley. Wladimir is a thinner/fitter guy, but he's got incredible reach and a few inches in height over Haye. He's also quicker, better skilled and probably has a bigger punch.

Neither Wladimir nor Haye can take too many punches, so that gives both men a chance.

If he faces Vitali, he could either get the aging man or the awkward motioned giant who is even bigger and has a better punch resistance. He could beat both, because both have flaws. Wladimir can be tentative, can get stopped and can panic at times. Vitali is getting up there, isn't as explosive with his punches and is a bit slower.

Nonetheless, I'd pick both K Bros over Haye at this point.

This fight was atrocious, by the way. If it wasn't for Haye blasting him out, I'd have felt it was a complete waste. Regardless, I did the play by play on this fight for another site/board and I literally had nothing to type for two rounds.

The Klitschko brothers will never get their due respect because they have dominated a division that has little to offer in way of competition. Not the Klitschko's fault, they've demolished anyone put in their way. The 70's were the decade of the Heavyweights, right now the welter and middleweights are dominating the boxing landscape.

As for David Haye, I cannot take this guy seriously. His biggest wins at Heavyweight are over Valuev, Monte Barret and John Ruiz. He has had numerous opportunities to fight the Klitschko's and he's backed out every time. He will continue to make excuses. He will continue to duck the Klitschko's. And if he ever did work up the nerve to step in the ring with Vlad or Vitali he would get outclassed.

Haye and Harrison were never on the same level. Haye is good, Audley isnt. FACT

Haye had already said before the fight he was gonna win in the 3rd, and put loads of money on himself to win in that round. It looked to me like he just waited til 3rd then went to work, as he knew he could win whenever he wanted.

It was a shambles, Harrison was pathetic

This fight actually had some tremendous trash talking going into it, but man... Harrison did not live up to it, at all.

That seems like all the Heavyweight division is today outside of the Klitschkos: Great trash talk, terrible fights. Every Heavyweight contender, especially English and American, runs their mouths like they're God's gift to boxing, and while it's important to have good talking skills in the fight game, it means absolutely nothing if you can't back it up, and it's just sad that the Heavyweight division is filled with nothing but big mouths who don't know how to fight.

Hopefully David Haye now removes the tampon from his vagina and challenges one of the Klitschko brothers. If he doesn't, then nobody will ever take this clown seriously again.

I think Haye has to fight Chagaev next as a compulsory challenger, which he should do - there's no point in him challenging the Klitschkos if its not a unification match. It also gives him time. What is becoming increasingly clear is that all three of them are happy to fight nobodies for the majority of the purse. That won't go on forever - eventually people are going to stop watching. I think Haye will fight Chagaev, wait a while and then challenge Vitali in the summer next year, who will at that point be 40 years old, and won't be as good as he is now.

I do think a lot of Haye's success is hype, but at the same time, he's probably better than everyone the Klitschkos have beaten for the last 5 or 6 years. It's not going to save Heavyweight boxing, but if Haye manages to beat either of them, it might keep it interesting enough until a charismatic American comes along.

Harrison though, totally embarrassing.

Didnt see the fight as I guess I was one of the few that didnt even start to buy into Audleys bullshit, fact is I am strapped for cash at the minute and would never spend it on a guaranteed shitfest like that. It might've been worth it to see Audley get the thrashing we all knew was coming but actually it's quite sad, poor cunt seems genuinely deluded these days.

As for the Klits... the robot brothers, Vitali is looking to retire at the end of this year supposedly, if Haye doesnt fight him then it'll be pretty pathetic, he'll get a fight out of Wlad I guess but it wont be the same, whatever Vitali says about his younger brother fact is Wlad the second best of the brothers and its the older one Haye needs to beat. Like Manny and Floyd though it's looking more and more unlikely, but why risk your record when people will pay to watch you beat overhyped nobodies?

The way I see it though, The Robot brothers have as much to lose as David Haye, I reckon Haye doesnt really care, whereas I think they'd be really bothered if people kept saying "yeah but they dominated a really shit division and the only guy who could've beat em' they never fought". Either that or they'll keep challenging him and both parties will continue to find excuses so as to save face.

A statement from Audley Harrison
“The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. It isn't a calamity to die with dreams unfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream. It isn’t a disgrace not to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for.” Benjamin Mays

By Audley Harrison: “After spending some time away reflecting on the fight and outcome, I have made the decision to continue my journey in boxing and carry on my career as a professional.. The David Haye experience had many highs away from the ring and I'm happy I had a great training camp and worked with two of my brothers again in camp. I surrounded myself with a world class team and pushed myself to the limit in training and left my changing room knowing I had given my all to get to this point.

The outcry from the fight is expected as I didn't get the result I wanted and the critics have once again tried to bury me under the rubble and hope I disappear. All I can say is I had a game plan and went into the ring to win. The way the fight ended was frustrating to me as I didn't get going and was just settling into my rhythm.

Both styles of feinting and moving was off-setting the both of us in the first two rounds and I was just zoning in on his rhythm when he got through.

I'll never be crash - bang - wallop and I'm glad about that; my style is unique but can run into problems like all styles can and I got caught by a good set of punches to go down. I give David credit as I never expected him to hurt me as he did, but anyone could see it was a premature stoppage and I should have been allowed to carry on and ride out the rough patch, even if that meant I would have got KO’d.

I think the Vitali Klitschko beating of Shannon Briggs a few weeks earlier and the public outcry made the referee jump in early and I was denied the opportunity to show my grit, determination and desire to be in there and compete and try to get back on level terms.

Let the haters and negative comments continue – I don't really care. I know me and I can sleep at night as I'm happy with who I am today. Yes it hurts not to achieve your goals, but we roll up our sleeves and we try again; such is the beauty of life.”

I see Audley is as deluded as he was going into the Haye fight then, unless he wants to continue fighting on small dinner shows to make a living, i am convinced the public will not fall fot his publicity and hype for a 2nd time, he should find his level fighting journeymen as a pay cheque, i could really see Audley in a commentating position or a promoter as his persona really shows out in front of the media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back