• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HAWKS WIN! Oh, and this happened...

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS. 2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

Kane is the MVP, and he deserves the hell out of it, but I want to give a shout out to Shaw. The guy got knocked out cold on the ice, but got stitched up and finished the fight for his team. If you didn't watch the game, Hawks were down 2-1 with a little over one minute to go in the third. They scored two goals in 17 seconds with less than a minute left, to win the Stanley Cup.

Here's the lovely show that Shaw took:

shawpuckface.gif

Sorry to all the other non-Chicago NHL fans, but I think we all really won with this season. From all the playoff teams being originals, to the triple overtime in game one of the Cup, to the stellar performances by the whole playoff bracket. Such a phenomenal post-season.

HAWKS WIN!

Personally I would've loved to see Crawford get the Conn Smythe, but Kaner was Kaner.

Shaw taking that shot, and coming back out with stitches. Bleeding while skating with the Cup. Just awesome!

Out of curiosity Killam, how are you a Hawks fan, but also a Packers fan?

I am Detroit Red Wings fan but also a Chicago Bulls fan and a Dallas Cowboys fan not to mention I'm a Calgarian who hates the Flames with a burning passion. It may sound odd but it happens. Even when the Flames were awesome in the early 90's I couldn't stand them, I don't have much of a reason for it, I just don't like them. In '07 when Detroit beat them in the 1st round I went to the Red Mile with my Red Wings jersey on just to rub it in (well that and all the crap the fans gave me throughout that series).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back