• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has your favorite band ever let you down?

mrhexum

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well, the idea that got me thinking about this was how horrid 311's new album is. They have been my favorite band for over a decade and when I heard their latest offering, I was just, well... sad... say what you will about them, but they were a band I always had high hopes for, and they dropped a digital turd.

Have any of you ever been let down by your favorite band?

my favorite band pendulum let me down earlier this year with their new album "imersion".

i had discovered them a year ago ( porbobly a year and 3 weeks now) and loved everyone of thier songs realased earleir than 2010. but damn did the songs on their recent album suck. i dont have the feel or originality of thier first hits.

but thats what ive got the nexus s for.

Immersion was a pretty good album imo, it really wasn't that different than their previous work; obviously they've become pretty mainstream since their first album, but they've done a pretty good job of not letting it get to their heads, or their music. They also brought some innovation to the dubstep community with their last release; they've always been heavy on the bass, but in more of a Jungle style or just D&B, so I was quite happy with their most recent work.

I've never been disappointed by a favorite musician, but I have been disappointed by a random musician I enjoy here and there, nothing to write home about, though.

I actually liked Immersion too. They stepped up their game if anything, it's hard to get positive reception for an album after your previous was so commercially accepted. Immersion had a few good tracks on it, Watercolor is actually my favorite Pendulum track. "Witchcraft" wasn't the best, but it got a shit ton of airplay over here and is a regular tune in nightclubs, although it could be a remixed version, can't be certain.

Honestly, I'd say Oasis dissapointed me for about four-five years. I found Oasis through my brother, "What's The Story Morning Glory" is probably my favorite album from any artist. They were pretty solid with the album following that, "Be Here Now" has a few good few tracks, but "Standing On The Shoulders of Giants" is pure muck in my opinion. It is the only Oasis album I don't own because I threw it out years ago. "Heathen Chemistry" isn't even all that good to me, but it was better than the previous so I have them the benefit of the doubt.

Luckily, they brought my love for them back with "Don't Believe The Truth." Solid fucking album again. "Turn Up The Sun" should have been a single in my opinion, saw them live and they opened with that and they genuinely got the place pumped up like a bunch of stoners in Amsterdam.

"Dig Out Your Soul" was decent, had a few heavier tracks, similar to their old days. But to me, "Falling Down" is a song which should have received so much more praise. It's a banger of a song, in my top five Oasis tracks. Noel Gallagher does some job of writing and producing music, happy now to see he's on his own, from what I've heard of his album it is a belter. Nine stars out of ten from NME and Q, four out of five from Rolling Stone.

I actually liked Immersion too. They stepped up their game if anything, it's hard to get positive reception for an album after your previous was so commercially accepted. Immersion had a few good tracks on it, Watercolor is actually my favorite Pendulum track. "Witchcraft" wasn't the best, but it got a shit ton of airplay over here and is a regular tune in nightclubs, although it could be a remixed version, can't be certain.

Honestly, I'd say Oasis dissapointed me for about four-five years. I found Oasis through my brother, "What's The Story Morning Glory" is probably my favorite album from any artist. They were pretty solid with the album following that, "Be Here Now" has a few good few tracks, but "Standing On The Shoulders of Giants" is pure muck in my opinion. It is the only Oasis album I don't own because I threw it out years ago. "Heathen Chemistry" isn't even all that good to me, but it was better than the previous so I have them the benefit of the doubt.

Luckily, they brought my love for them back with "Don't Believe The Truth." Solid fucking album again. "Turn Up The Sun" should have been a single in my opinion, saw them live and they opened with that and they genuinely got the place pumped up like a bunch of stoners in Amsterdam.

"Dig Out Your Soul" was decent, had a few heavier tracks, similar to their old days. But to me, "Falling Down" is a song which should have received so much more praise. It's a banger of a song, in my top five Oasis tracks. Noel Gallagher does some job of writing and producing music, happy now to see he's on his own, from what I've heard of his album it is a belter. Nine stars out of ten from NME and Q, four out of five from Rolling Stone.

To tell the truth both watercolour and witchcraft are two of my favorite songs of ALL TIME! its just the rest of "immersion" that I don't like. Propane nightmares also a pendulum song is indeed my favorite song ever. I just think that every pendulum song with lyrics are near masterpieces except a few. Sorry I had forgotten those two songs were in that album.

Absolutely. Chinese Democracy by Guns N Roses was one of the most dreadful things I've ever heard. There were seriously only 2 songs I liked on that entire album; Better and Sheckler's Revenge. Everything else was just hot garbage. I was probably more let down than I've ever been before since GNR has been my favorite band since I was a little kid. I waited for that fucking album to come out for nearly 15 years.

Oasis let me down when they broke up before i ever got a chance to see them live. Gutted ill never get to hear "live forever" belted out live in person. I think thats the only time i've ever been pissed off at a band, the fact that Liam and Noel had to both be really petty and end up breaking up the band over their little arguments. I know that makes me sound selfish but fuck it id give anything for Oasis to get back together.

Noel Gallagher does some job of writing and producing music, happy now to see he's on his own, from what I've heard of his album it is a belter. Nine stars out of ten from NME and Q, four out of five from Rolling Stone.

[YOUTUBE]kFx_IniNjfE[/YOUTUBE]
First track off his new album. It's very much like "The importance of being idle". If the album's as good as this song then its going to be quality.

Absolutely. Chinese Democracy by Guns N Roses was one of the most dreadful things I've ever heard. There were seriously only 2 songs I liked on that entire album; Better and Sheckler's Revenge. Everything else was just hot garbage. I was probably more let down than I've ever been before since GNR has been my favorite band since I was a little kid. I waited for that fucking album to come out for nearly 15 years.

You took the words right out of my mouth, I was so excited for that album only to be met with 14 tracks of shit.

Aside from that i've never really been "let down" by one of my favs, the only other thing i've been upset about was when Jason Aldean played one of those CMT Crossroads concerts with Bryan Adams and it never was put on Itunes or anywhere for download. I wasn't expecting it to be much of a show and it turned out to be my favorite work from Jason, but when I went looking for it I couldn't find it anywhere. Pisses me off that Taylor Swift did a Crossroads with Def Leppard(which was also awesome) and it hit Itunes within a few weeks, still no sign of Aldean and Adams :disappointed:

Damn I would have to say a few albums have left me down and me thinking what the fuck did I but this for. One let down well it wasn't huge but made me sit around for a few good years was ST ANGER!!!! Metallica what the fuck had happend?? I mean 3 good tracks and that is it. I am a huge fan of Metallica, just when this came out, I knew they were doomed.

Another let down of an album I would have to say is All Hope Is Gone by Slipknot. I mean seriously again 4 great tracks the rest ehh. The album is good just not what I was expecting to hear. I was very sadden as they were hyping it to be a more of an Iowa type of album. Not even close.

For GNR I am very glad I didn't buy that album. Oh man I heard one song, actually a half song on the radio and I threw up in my mouth. It was awful. A good what 10 years of wait and we get kicked in the balls and spit on with such a shitty album. GO AwAy from now on. I loved GNR but lost faith with them as of that album is horrible.

One of my favorite bands is Metallica. I loved all of their oldschool stuff, and even the lower quality seen in Load or Reload was tolerable compared to St Anger, which is something many fans agree on. When news came that they would be releasing their next album, I was pretty skeptical after seeing 3 bad albums in a row (Load, Reload, St Anger) considering that everything after the Black Album sucked. My former roomie was a huge fanboy of Metallica and he was the one who told me about the next release. I told him dude it's gonna be terrible, have you not heard their recent stuff? He said it was going to be more like And Justice For All. News online confirmed this rumor. I took his suggestion and still gave Death Magnetic a try. Was it as awful as St Anger? Hardly. It was still pretty bad though. This disappointed me and I felt completely let down because I needed at the very least quality of music better than that on Load (let alone the rumor of it being similar to And Justice For All!) and that didn't happen. I gave up on Metallica forever at that point. I'll listen to their old stuff (Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, The Black Album) until the day I die though.

I have two bands that are tied with each other and might as well be forever. Lamb of God and Devildriver will hopefully never let me down. Both bands just keep evolving so much. I do believe Devildriver's Pray for Villans album was better than Beast. But Beast was pretty fucking good.

Lamb of god on the other hand in my eyes keep getting better with age. Each album is a total eyebrow burner and that is the reason why they are as big as they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back