Has Ric Flair Gone Down for Not Retiring After Wrestlemania XXIV?

Has Ric Flair Gone Down In Your Estimation Since WM 24?

• Definitive Yes

• A Little

• My Opinion Of Him Hasn't Changed

• Not Really

• Not At All

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ric Flair has neither disrespected nor tarnished his legacy. He agreed to participate in a storyline for the WWE, the "punch line" of which was the "retirement" match at Wrestlemania. The storyline concluded with his retirement ceremony. Flair said adios to the WWE fans and acknowledged he would never wrestle in a WWE ring again. He has not wrestled in a WWE ring since that day. Flair HAS kept his word and has respected the WWE storyline by not wrestling in the WWE anymore.

It was not, and was never meant to be, Flair's retirement from the wrestling business. He agreed to a storyline that's been done for decades and decades, basically the "loser leaves town" match. Every wrestler who has ever participated in a "loser leaves town" match or a "retirement match" has continued to wrestle, often returning to the same promotion in which that match took place.

I dont understand the logic that it is only Ric Flair that the masses won't believe his "retirement" storyline was just that, a storyline. The logic that it is Ric Flair and Ric Flair alone who is tarnishing his legacy because he chose to continue on with his career.
Fans continue to say Flair needs the money. I don't hear the same thing in regard to Tara, Tommy Dreamer, or any other wrestler whose lost a "Retirement" match. Why is Flair possibly the only wrestler in history the fans hold to that "retirement" point in the storyline?

Ric Flair has nothing left to prove. He is arguably the greatest wrestler of all-time. What he's doing in the here and now is having fun entertaining the fans with the flexibility of the TNA blanket, and helping to build new stars for the future. If anything, what he's doing now only helps enhance his legacy.

No matter how much people tend to think that Ric Flair going to TNA is bad for him, and that he needed to stay retired. I must admit that my opinion of Flair didn't change whatsoever.

I personally don't mind him working for TNA, I don't mind watching him on screen. Ric Flair is one of the wrestlers I thoroughly enjoy no matter what. Considering his age, he's still able to perform, and he still cuts some of the best promos in the entire history of the business.

Ric Flair, old or young. He'll always be a treat to watch, and him being in TNA right now doesn't change that at all. Sure he bleeds a little bit easier, and a little more profoundly. But in the end, I don't think any different about him.

i would much rather see Ric Flair on tv/in ring vs Hukster. i never have been much of a Hulkamaniac. Ric Flair is this point has much more credibility than Hogan (imo). I absolutely hate how Spiketv always says "the biggest name in wrestling history." So basically Hogan is squashing on everyone under him. i mean, how many action figures and t-shirts will TNA give Hogan THIS year? Fuck Hogan. Ric Flair is the real deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back