• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has lack of continuity hindered Reigns' Singles Push??

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
Once again Kane came out to help Rollins defeat Ambrose in the Main Event on RAW tonight.

However, not for the first time, there was absolutely no sign of Roman Reigns to help the guy he should still be on good terms with post-Shield against the guy who not only back-stabbed Ambrose but also back-stabbed Reigns himself.

Does anyone have a logical explanation as to why WWE has stopped acknowledging that Reigns was Also a part of the Shield at one point???

The lack of continuity with regards to Reigns and his Shield past has surely hurt him during his Singles push as it seems as though Kane and Orton are throwaway opponents and stepping stones to a rumoured match vs HHH, whilst his 2 former mates have an awesome feud that has a back-story that Should be involving Roman Reigns in some capacity...

I think it's clear that the Roman/Randy beef has ended and that Roman Reigns will come out to avenge Ambrose next week on Raw. I have no doubt it's going to be Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins at Night of Champions. I think your post is very premature.

I think it's clear that the Roman/Randy beef has ended and that Roman Reigns will come out to avenge Ambrose next week on Raw. I have no doubt it's going to be Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins at Night of Champions. I think your post is very premature.

But thus far, there has virtually been no indication that Reigns was a part of the trio...and that is what my thread is directed at...

What might happen next week isn't really important here,tbh...

But thus far, there has virtually been no indication that Reigns was a part of the trio...and that is what my thread is directed at...

What might happen next week isn't really important here,tbh...

Yes it is, because they have been saving the pop for when Roman confronts Seth Rollins for when Dean Ambrose was out of the picture. What happens next week will directly answer your confusion as to why they kept them apart.

If Roman was brawling with Seth as a side-show for the past 2 months, it wouldn't be as effective when Roman calls out Seth on Raw for Night of Champions.

His "singles push" is fine. He just beat a 12-time World Champion clean at SummerSlam. Now he's going to probably have a 2-3 match series with the current Mr. Money in the Bank. By TLC, he'll be setting his sights on the title, and once he wins the Rumble in January, it's onto the WrestleMania main event.

Yea I was like yelling at my TV tonight because Reigns didn't show up. He was feuding with Kane last month. He's still feuding with the authority! And yet for some reason, he made no effort to come out. Not like he was exhausted bc his tag team match was an hour beforehand and his team won. Plus Ambrose has saved Reigns since the break up? I figured they were building to a Reigns v HHH match at NoC, so why not have him interfere?

I'm not sure because it could be argued that their feud could continue. Orton is supposed to face RVD on Smackdown.

I could see Orton capturing a hard fought win over RVD and try to beat RVD after the match but Reigns comes out to saves his tag team partner from Monday.

I could see Reigns/Orton 2 at NoC. I've seen some special events where the MITB winner doesn't have a match, most recently Orton at Summerslam last year. So it wouldn't surprise me if Rollins is not in a match at this year's NoC

I think Reigns V Orton 2 is more likely than Reigns V Rollins at NoC, just my opinion.

I'm with the OP on this one, I was so hoping for Reigns to come help out his boy. It really saddened me that one week Reigns and Ambrose were in the ring together, then the next it was like The Shield had never happened. In interviews Reigns still talks about Ambrose as his boy (not kayfabe interviews), so I'm hoping Reigns can get his hands on Rollins in time. Especially if Ambrose is spending the next couple of weeks working on his movie role.

I'd rather Reigns v Rollins, The Architect v The Juggernaut(or whatever they were calling Reigns) than Orton v Reigns II.

I do feel continuity is hurting Reigns a little. Does anyone think it could/should/would be awesome if it all come full-circle for a WrestleMania main event triple threat shield for the title, the only problem i see is that how can you get Lesnar out of the picture without hurting his credibility?

I'd rather Reigns v Rollins, The Architect v The Juggernaut(or whatever they were calling Reigns) than Orton v Reigns II.

I do feel continuity is hurting Reigns a little. Does anyone think it could/should/would be awesome if it all come full-circle for a WrestleMania main event triple threat shield for the title, the only problem i see is that how can you get Lesnar out of the picture without hurting his credibility?

Assuming WWE is indeed high on Roman Reigns and also the fact that Lesnar's current contract ends at WM31 itself, and further, this Lesnar is invincible angle will probably be his last angle(as after losing cleanly,his momentum will be curbed big-time,lMO).

I'd have,as I posted in another thread;
Roman Reigns going over cleanly in the WM31 Main Event vs WWE Champion Brock Lesnar but only after being battered like never before. Instead of soaking in the victory and having a huge celebration for his golden moment, have Seth Rollins cash-in at WM31 itself(which has yet to be done) and win the title at the expense of Roman Reigns thereby transferring a ton of Heel heat from a possibly outgoing Brock Lesnar onto the next Top Heel, Seth Rollins(who would end WM31 as the new Champion.

Thereafter, Dean Ambrose who still has animosity with Seth even then, can also be inserted and thus set up for a WM32 Long Awaited SHIELD Triple-threat Main Event when hopefully all 3
guys would be going in as established fresh Main Eventers.

Why do the Triple threat at WM32 instead of WM31? Because this year is all about Brock Lesnar. Yes, the Shield are being built up as Singles but the Main Event has been about Brock and his being invincible like no one has ever been before. Also, the Shield trio are still a Work in Progress, but by WM32, once handled well, should be established.

I think that WWE has ultimately decided that all three of them are entirely on their own. Reigns has had no interaction with Ambrose & Rollins and I think part of the reason MIGHT be due to WWE's thinking that Reigns could be the "breakout" star of the group. It seems like they're keeping Ambrose and Rollins in the upper mid-card area, hanging out just outside the title picture, while slowly moving Reigns towards a title feud. I get the notion they're taking their time with Reigns, generally keeping him to himself as far as any interaction with his former teammates at the moment, as a means of helping him establish his own identity.

Even though it's still early in his singles push, based just on what I'm seeing now, I don't see Reigns as the breakout star of the group. In terms of characters, mic skills and in-ring ability, Ambrose & Rollins are just simply on a higher level than Roman Reigns. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy Reigns, cuz I do. The guy works hard and he definitely has the fans behind him. But, again, as of right now, he's just not as good as Ambrose and Rollins in my eyes. Maybe WWE officials are of the same opinion and are slowly building Regins on his own in order to help establish his own identity. He's obviously weaker overall than his former teammates, so MAYBE they feel he needs to have a chance to flourish on his own rather than run the risk of being overshadowed by the others at this time. :shrug: It's just pure speculation on my part, but it might explain a few things.

I find it funny that Reigns is considered the breakout star, but he's the only Shield member who has yet to tear down the house in a singles match. His match with Randy Orton was okay, but it was generally considered to be the low point of the night.

I don't see the point of Reigns helping Ambrose or vice versa. Both are feuding with the authority, but it doesn't seem like the authority is united. It has been Orton (and presumably Triple H coming up) against Reigns and Amrbose against Kane and Rollins. If Rollins and Kane started screwing with Reigns, then it would make sense for Reigns to align himself with Ambrose.

I find it funny that Reigns is considered the breakout star, but he's the only Shield member who has yet to tear down the house in a singles match. His match with Randy Orton was okay, but it was generally considered to be the low point of the night.

I don't see the point of Reigns helping Ambrose or vice versa. Both are feuding with the authority, but it doesn't seem like the authority is united. It has been Orton (and presumably Triple H coming up) against Reigns and Amrbose against Kane and Rollins. If Rollins and Kane started screwing with Reigns, then it would make sense for Reigns to align himself with Ambrose.

Well, I remember Roman Reigns was a part of the trio called the Shield at one point and also that the night after Payback, the first Chairshot that traitorface did was to Roman Reigns. I think that is more than enough reason for Roman Reigns to have interaction with Rollins,even if not as much as Ambrose has had...

Whilst, I am pretty sure Reigns has had continuous interaction with Kane over the past couple of months on both SmackDown and RAW...unless WWE wants us to believe that Superstars don't know that Demon Kane and Corporate Kane are the exact same person...

Again, I find the lack of continuity post-Shield with regards to Reigns' direction appalling and frankly, illogical Thus Far.

I think that WWE has ultimately decided that all three of them are entirely on their own. Reigns has had no interaction with Ambrose & Rollins and I think part of the reason MIGHT be due to WWE's thinking that Reigns could be the "breakout" star of the group. It seems like they're keeping Ambrose and Rollins in the upper mid-card area, hanging out just outside the title picture, while slowly moving Reigns towards a title feud. I get the notion they're taking their time with Reigns, generally keeping him to himself as far as any interaction with his former teammates at the moment, as a means of helping him establish his own identity.

Even though it's still early in his singles push, based just on what I'm seeing now, I don't see Reigns as the breakout star of the group. In terms of characters, mic skills and in-ring ability, Ambrose & Rollins are just simply on a higher level than Roman Reigns. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy Reigns, cuz I do. The guy works hard and he definitely has the fans behind him. But, again, as of right now, he's just not as good as Ambrose and Rollins in my eyes. Maybe WWE officials are of the same opinion and are slowly building Regins on his own in order to help establish his own identity. He's obviously weaker overall than his former teammates, so MAYBE they feel he needs to have a chance to flourish on his own rather than run the risk of being overshadowed by the others at this time. :shrug: It's just pure speculation on my part, but it might explain a few things.

But does showing no continuity at all really benefit Reigns in his quest to become "breakout star"?

I'd think fans would be a bit more tolerant if they at least made it seem as though Seth also backstabbed Roman post-Payback and not only Ambrose. Maybe, a few segments here and there, where Roman could come to the aid of Dean would help set up another exclusive Shield guys storyline down the line...

Well, I remember Roman Reigns was a part of the trio called the Shield at one point and also that the night after Payback, the first Chairshot that traitorface did was to Roman Reigns. I think that is more than enough reason for Roman Reigns to have interaction with Rollins,even if not as much as Ambrose has had...

Whilst, I am pretty sure Reigns has had continuous interaction with Kane over the past couple of months on both SmackDown and RAW...unless WWE wants us to believe that Superstars don't know that Demon Kane and Corporate Kane are the exact same person...

Again, I find the lack of continuity post-Shield with regards to Reigns' direction appalling and frankly, illogical Thus Far.

Yeah, but instead of focusing on Rollins, Reigns chose to target Triple H- albeit indirectly. Kane was being used to assist Orton, but that nearly drove Kane into a face turn (lol), so Kane instead chose to focus on helping Rollins.

Another reason is if Reigns and Ambrose chose to align together, it would undermine Reigns' (already forced) singles push. My big complaint with him was that he had become a contender for the WWE championship even though he only had a handful of (bad) singles matches under his belt. If the remnants of the shield united, then there's probably be more Tag Team matches.

ANOTHER issue would be that Reigns coming to save the day would potentially negatively effect Ambrose's career. Ambrose has been losing his matches with Rollins, presumably so he can have a great 'revenge' match where he wins the feud. Reigns on the other hand has been booked as an unstoppable force. When unstoppable forces and underdogs unite, the underdog is usually becomes the damsel in distress.

Yeah, but instead of focusing on Rollins, Reigns chose to target Triple H- albeit indirectly. Kane was being used to assist Orton, but that nearly drove Kane into a face turn (lol), so Kane instead chose to focus on helping Rollins.

Another reason is if Reigns and Ambrose chose to align together, it would undermine Reigns' (already forced) singles push. My big complaint with him was that he had become a contender for the WWE championship even though he only had a handful of (bad) singles matches under his belt. If the remnants of the shield united, then there's probably be more Tag Team matches.

ANOTHER issue would be that Reigns coming to save the day would potentially negatively effect Ambrose's career. Ambrose has been losing his matches with Rollins, presumably so he can have a great 'revenge' match where he wins the feud. Reigns on the other hand has been booked as an unstoppable force. When unstoppable forces and underdogs unite, the underdog is usually becomes the damsel in distress.

The promo by Ambrose and Reigns after being jumped by Rollins did allude to Ambrose going after Rollins whilst Reigns goes after the others.

However, my point has been that it has been done in such a way that there has been virtually ZERO interaction between Reigns and the other 2, leading to a total lack of continuity and logic.

I am not calling for a segment every show, but every now and then, having Reigns or Ambrose help the other in difficult situations would not only be logical, but would also go down well with the majority of the fans who sit wondering why things have been handled as they have at points(last night's ME included)

The promo by Ambrose and Reigns after being jumped by Rollins did allude to Ambrose going after Rollins whilst Reigns goes after the others.

However, my point has been that it has been done in such a way that there has been virtually ZERO interaction between Reigns and the other 2, leading to a total lack of continuity and logic.

I am not calling for a segment every show, but every now and then, having Reigns or Ambrose help the other in difficult situations would not only be logical, but would also go down well with the majority of the fans who sit wondering why things have been handled as they have at points(last night's ME included)

They did have some interactions prior to Battleground I think, where Reigns even said something along the lines of Ambrose being able to take care of himself. It actually does make sense on a practical level though. Remember that Ambrose and Roman didn't really like each-other that much. The Shield would've fallen apart if it weren't for Rollins. He was the one who kept them together. In that sense, he probably does deserve the most credit for the Shield. Therefore, when he turned on them, it would only be a matter of time when their differences would start resurfacing.

So in a way, the continuity is being maintained, just in a much different kind of way.

I say when ambrose gets back he continues his feud with Rollins but for 2 straight weeks gets malled and jumped (to a lesser degree than yesterday on raw) but along those lines and finally getting pissed off that he got no help, during one of romans god awful backstage promos Ambrose comes out of no where to confront him for being m.I.a. and not helping at all then that sets upa 3way hell in a cell for the former shield members and that could be legendary stuff if done right with reigns ultimately spearing both men at the same time to pick up the victory

They did have some interactions prior to Battleground I think, where Reigns even said something along the lines of Ambrose being able to take care of himself. It actually does make sense on a practical level though. Remember that Ambrose and Roman didn't really like each-other that much. The Shield would've fallen apart if it weren't for Rollins. He was the one who kept them together. In that sense, he probably does deserve the most credit for the Shield. Therefore, when he turned on them, it would only be a matter of time when their differences would start resurfacing.

So in a way, the continuity is being maintained, just in a much different kind of way.

If it is so, and WWE Creative is thinking along those lines, then I assume an Ambrose vs Reigns feud might well occur in the future.

Though I do question the logic behind it.

If it is so, and WWE Creative is thinking along those lines, then I assume an Ambrose vs Reigns feud might well occur in the future.

Though I do question the logic behind it.

I'm sure it will happen one day, when one or the other turns heel. But I also think the real logic is just that they don't want Reigns or Ambrose to piggy back off one another. We know they were bankable as a group, but they want to see how well they succeed alone. If Reigns saved Ambrose- or vice versa- then it's possible one will steal the others spotlight. The wisest move is to keep them apart, unless they are doing the feud.

It's also not common for friendly singles competitors to stay away from other peoples storylines. Did Rey Mysterio help the Big Show? Did CM Punk help Daniel Bryan during the Wyatts feud? Or Bryan help CM Punk against the Shield? WWE isn't interested in continuity, but it just so happens that it makes sense this time for their characters to drift apart?

Plus, if Ambrose needed back-up, he would obviously recruit the Uso's- because that's all they seem to be good for lately. lol.

WWE has explained this subtly over the last few months.

Seth Rollins turned on both Reigns and Ambrose. Each man, however, is blaming a different person for the attack.

Ambrose said in an interview with Renee Young; "if I'm wronged and somebody messes with me or disrespects me or challenges me as a human being, as a man, or backs me into a corner, I will throw punches, and bite, and scratch, and claw, and headbutt, until I can't anymore. And I will go out on my sword.

"I spent two months in jail once in some small little Mexican border town because I got cut off in traffic. Well, it wasn't cause of just that, it was cause I followed the guy for like 36 miles -- he flipped me the bird. When we pulled over at the next truck stop I beat him just about to an inch of his life. And that was a long two months, right? But I had to do what I had to do."

Basically, Ambrose is blaming Rollins personally because Rollins is the one who challenged him. Ambrose will not stop until he gets his revenge on the man who challenged him as a man.

Reigns, on the other hand, is focusing on The Authority. Was it really Rollins who turned on the Shield? He bought in with The Authority at that point, at that point he is "Plan B". It wasn't just Seth Rollins that turned on The Shield, he was doing it under guidance of Triple H. How do you kill a snake? You cut it's head off. Reigns isn't going to waste his time focusing on the lackey, he is going to go for the head honcho.

Roman Reigns, in his and Dean Ambrose's adress to Seth Rollins the week after the breakup said, "You are only part of the problem, the other problem is Randy Orton and Triple H...when I get my hands on you Randy you are going to be the ass of this company and then I am coming for you Triple H...believe that!"

TL;DR Reigns, while mad at Seth Rollins, is focusing on the bigger picture. While, Dean Ambrose's character focuses on the man who directly challenged him.

It would have been a good move for Reigns to come out and pull the save on Ambrose after the "concrete" spot. It would have provided a good pop for him and helped the fans get a little more invested in his character. It also would have set up for a Rollins vs Reigns NOC match which makes beautiful sense. We shouldn't see HHH vs Reigns until Hell in a Cell. Reigns needs to go through everyone in the Authority first and Rollins is next. Playing into Hunter having to be the one to stop Reigns because Reigns has went through everyone Hunter has sent after him and Hunter is all that's left to stop Reigns.

It would have been a good move for Reigns to come out and pull the save on Ambrose after the "concrete" spot. It would have provided a good pop for him and helped the fans get a little more invested in his character. It also would have set up for a Rollins vs Reigns NOC match which makes beautiful sense. We shouldn't see HHH vs Reigns until Hell in a Cell. Reigns needs to go through everyone in the Authority first and Rollins is next. Playing into Hunter having to be the one to stop Reigns because Reigns has went through everyone Hunter has sent after him and Hunter is all that's left to stop Reigns.

The only issue I have with this is beating on Triple H doesn't mean as much anymore. I had the same problem with Daniel Bryan challenging Triple H. He's supposed to be a good guy, but he's picking on an older dude who is more-or-less retired? At least Austin was an anti-hero. Imagine if the current MMA champ started picking on Randy Couture in order to get a match. He'd be an asshole.

If Triple H is the 'final boss' of this feud, it implies he's stronger than Seth Rollins and Randy Orton even though he only wrestles a few times a year. But WWE has already booked it that way, so it's too late.

Far as I can tell, if feeding Stephanie McMahon a vomit shake doesn't derail his push, I don't know what will.

The only issue I have with this is beating on Triple H doesn't mean as much anymore. I had the same problem with Daniel Bryan challenging Triple H. He's supposed to be a good guy, but he's picking on an older dude who is more-or-less retired? At least Austin was an anti-hero. Imagine if the current MMA champ started picking on Randy Couture in order to get a match. He'd be an asshole.

If Triple H is the 'final boss' of this feud, it implies he's stronger than Seth Rollins and Randy Orton even though he only wrestles a few times a year. But WWE has already booked it that way, so it's too late.

But Triple H is the Big Boss in the whole thing,tbh.

Some might not like it, but whilst Lesnar is the Ultimate Heel Character(for Street Fighter Fans, like Akuma), Triple H(would be M.Bison) with the others playing the roles of his Soldiers(Orton,Rollins,Kane,etc.)

I just hope that after Reigns defeats him whenever, that Triple H would take a break from his on-screen role for a while...maybe Stephanie goes at it alone because she has been brilliant in her role since Mania especially,lMO.

But Triple H is the Big Boss in the whole thing,tbh.

Some might not like it, but whilst Lesnar is the Ultimate Heel Character(for Street Fighter Fans, like Akuma), Triple H(would be M.Bison) with the others playing the roles of his Soldiers(Orton,Rollins,Kane,etc.)

I just hope that after Reigns defeats him whenever, that Triple H would take a break from his on-screen role for a while...maybe Stephanie goes at it alone because she has been brilliant in her role since Mania especially,lMO.

But once again, Triple H as of 2014 isn't going to be as tough as Triple H in 2004. Triple H himself acknowledged that he probably wouldn't be able to beat Orton in viper mode, so what chance does he have? It would be like if Stone Cold fought the Big Show, then the Rock before finishing the Corporation feud by taking on...Vince McMahon.

Admittedly Triple H delivered one hell of a match with Daniel Bryan, so I'd look forward to Reigns Vs Triple H. But it's booked in a way that makes Triple H's underlings seem kind of weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back