Has Anyone Ever Been Part Of Three Consecutive Popular Wrestling Era's?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
By popular I'm mostly on about the original Hogan era in WWF, WCW/n.W.o. era & the Attitude era. But feel free to state any others.

I'm generalising but Hulk Hogan missed the Attitude Era, Austin wasn't part of the WCW boom period and Bret Hart played only a small role in the Hogan era and missed the other two almost completely, etc.

I'm sure there have been plenty but one that spings to mind is the Big Boss Man. Arrived in WWE as Hogan fodder in the late 80's, was part of the n.W.o. and was involved in WCW during their most popular period before going to WWE again and playing a role in the most popular modern era.

That's a good question. You already mentioned one and that is Bossman. Outside of him I really cant think of anybody for sure. Depending on when you think the Attitude era officially started Bret Hart maybe one of them. Some people think it started when Austin won the title at WM14 if that's the case then obviously he wasnt part of it but other people think it started earlier, around the time Austin started getting big and DX was formed. If you think the latter then he is one cause even though he didnt play a huge part in the Hogan era he was still there and a multiple time tag champ and won the IC title during it. In WCW he was a member of the NWO and feuded with people like Sting and DDP. Personally I dont think he fits it though cause I think the Attitude era started after the Screw job but before WM14 because that's when WWE really started getting more edgy.

Another that comes to mind is John Tenta/Earthquake, obviously he was part of the Hogan era as Earthquake. And he was part of the attitude era for a little bit when he was in "The Oddities" stable. Im not sure about during the NWO period though, I know he was in WCW for a couple years in the mid 90s but I cant remember if at any point it was while the NWO was around.

The Undertaker.
By the latter time of Hulk Hogan's era(Golden), he debuted and was booked to win the WWE Championship against Hogan at SS. At the era of the New Generation, he had a rivalries with Bret, Mankind, Shawn Michaels, Sid and also pioneered a few matches such as Buried Alive, HIAC, Boiler Room Brawls, and more. By the time the Attitude era came, he formed a stable called the Ministry of Darkness, and also created a lot of memorable matches(ex. HIAC match vs. Mankind). When the Attitude era was about to end/post WCW era, he changed his gimmick into a Biker, and he focused on building up other superstars(ex. Maven, Brock Lesnar, Orton), and he re-used his deadman gimmick once again in 2004. So practically, the Undertaker has been part of every era, from the Golden age(Partially, but at least), the new-gen, Attitude era, post-Attitude, and the Cena? era.

Sting comes to my mind, but more often then not he finds himself on the side of the weaker organization during the boom periods. That's really a testament to him as a franchise player, because he buoys the #2 organization.

When Hogan was over, Sting came up and injected some life into WCW. And when Ric Flair jumped ship to WWF (presumably to feud with Hogan), Sting carried WCW with Vader and Simmons. So perhaps Sting wasn't THE big guy in the end of the 80's / early 90's boom, but he was damn sure there.

Of course, when Hogan triggered the 2nd boom in WCW with the nWo, Sting was the only guy not named Goldberg who really had a long, riveting feud with Hollywood and the nWo. And Sting's feud lasted more than a year before there was even a match.

And finally, the Attitude era, which also involved Sting in WCW / nWo, basically being one of the few and the proud who carried that torch alone, eventually participating in the final Nitro match.

And let's say Cena and Orton and Hardy propel current WWE into another boom period. Where's Sting? Carrying the flag for TNA.

Yeah, he's always on the lesser side of the fence, but Sting has been around for all the boom periods, usually shouldering the entire load for the weaker competition, save for the mid-90's nWo days.

I can't think of anyone as clear cut as the Bossman, but I've thought of two kind of outsiders.

The first is Sean Waltman. He was just starting as The Kid towards the end of Hogan's WWF run, and then became Syxx in the nWo before returning and being one of the most over people in the Attitude era in DX. However, he wasn't really a very big part of the Hogan era by any stretch of the imagination.

The other is Rick Rude. Rude was around when Hogn was in his pomp and was a heel near the top of the card in the late 80s early 90s. Later he was a part of the first step towards the Attitude era by being DX's "insurance policy", but then left to join the nWo.

However, Rude wasn't very much in the attitude era and The Kid was literally just a jobber right at the end of Hogan's era.

I don't think I'm fully understanding the question... Are you asking for someone that actually "took part" in all three eras? Meaning, they were in both WWF/E and WCW sduring those boom periods? Or are you just asking for someone that stood the test of time and is still a part of the WWE after all those years?

Ok... this is reaaallly stretching it.. like seriously.

But one could argue that Ultimate warrior was part of the 3 era's...

Ok, he was definately in the Hogan era.
He was in WWF till the end of 1996... very very beginning of the attitude era?

And he was in WCW in 1998... the very very end of the nWo/WCW era...?

Ok, i know i'm just clutching at straws here :(

Scott Hall? He was knocking about when Hogan was in the AWA, went to WCW in the early days, went back to the WWf as Razor Ramon, formed the NWO in 96, was briefly in ECW in 2000, moved back to the WWF in 02, went briefly to TNA.

There is also bam bam bigalow, although he sadly died before he could make a return in the WWE :(

I am wrong, completely wrong, but here is the closest I can come up with. Diamond Dallas Page, was an extra during one Wrestlemania (I think it was 6), so he was there during the Hogan years, he then went to the WCW, where he took part in the decline of the NWO Years in WCW, then went to WWF for the Invasion boom. Pretty bad choice, but it was the best I could think of.

The Undertaker and Sting are two, very good obvious choices.

I'd still go with Hogan, since Jake said no. Obviously the first two eras are Hogan related because the first was Hogan as Face, then as heel, but the Attitude Era (even though the two could be the same) is teh big unoffical thing I have right now.

When did the Attitude Era end? That's probably the first question. Did the Attitude Era end when the WWE bough out WCW and the Monday Night War ended. Did the Attitude Era end when the Invasion ended and there was an undisputed champion, did the Attitude Era end with the Brand Extension, or did the Attitude Era end when the belts were split into two, distinct world titles exlusive to the WWE.

I tend to go with the Attitude Era ended on the night of Summerslam 2002. Hogan came back at Wrestlemania 18, and was a huge part of that, and handed the torch to the Rock, who in then turn, along with Hogan in thes ummer, put the mantle of the company on Brock Lesnar. As soon as Lesnar became the man, the attitude Era was over, and the company was heading in a new direction. For that, I think Hogan is another guy that was huge the entire time.

Like i said though, this entirely depends on what the standing definition and time period of the attitude era is.

Well if i understand the question correctly then i would have to add Charles Wright. I could be wrong but i think between being Papa Shango, Kama the Supreme Fighting Machine, Kama Mustafa, the Godfather, and The Goodfather that he was been in atleast three popular wrestling booms.

I'm going to go with Chris Jericho.

He was a part of WCW during the nWo/Monday Night Wars, and was probably at the top of his game from a wrestling standpoint. He was also big after the Invasion Angle, as he was the first undisputed champion. He's still around now, and is one of the top heels in the company.

I'll also add Kane.

He was big during the attitude era, having an epic feud with Undertaker, and playing a great top heel. He helped carry the company through the years following, and was most recently involved in ECW gaining some notoriety, by winning the ECW title at WrestleMania. He's done so much more, but I'm just giving an example of each era.

I think the most obvious choice is Ric Flair. He was around with Hogan, though in separate companies during the 80s, then in WWF with him, and then in WCW when Hogan jumped. Now Flair did miss the Attitude Era in WWF I'd say, but he was around for the post-Attitude and into the modern era.
Kevin Nash is another one that has a similar career path, though he didn't come to WWF until after Hogan left I believe or at least shortly before that time.
Undertaker and Michaels both started in the later Hogan era and though they have been with WWE the whole time, they have been around for all the big era since, Michaels even being with the WWE version nWo briefly.
One that hasn't been mentioned that may be considered for this is Chris Benoit. He was around during the later Hogan era, but wasn't really big until his ECW days. He was then in WCW during the nWo days before jumping to WWF for the later Attitude era as did the rest of the Radicalz and Jericho

Question is a little vague as it depends on what you consider popular era's, and the fact that WCW/WWE popluar era was running side by side
Also i tend to look at wrestling in terms of generations of competitors more than era titles

for instance have been watching WWF/E since 1984 and in that time 3-4 generations of superstars have passed through the doors.

but here goes

There are quite a few that were involved in 3 consecutive "popular" era's in no particular order and the era's i consider are
WWF 80's-90's (Hogan/Character/wrestling era),
WCW pre/monday night wars/monday night wars
WWF Attitude,
WCW Collapse
I'm not counting ECW cause i only watched a handfull of shows at the time and can't comment

Everything beyond the WCW Collapse period went dowhill fast and has been kinda sub-par with moments of OMG

#1 Vince McMahon and arguably Linda, Shane and Stephanie too
#2 Hogan
#3 Randy Savage was WWF 80's-90's, then WCW NWO then briefly in TNA after the WCW Collapse
#4 Ted Dibiase was WWF 80's then WCW Nwo and Start of the Attitude era, returend to WWE after the WCW collapse
#5 Hacksaw Jim Duggan started n 87ish and is still around today LOL
#6 Undertaker - WCW briefly during the Hogan era, WWF 90's then Attitude and is still competing
#7 Shawn Michaels - WWF 80's, Attitude and still current
#8 Ric Flair/Rowdy Piper - Involved in every era since early 80's
#9 Bret Hart - well ok maybe only 2 of 3 but he was WWF 80'-90's, WWF Attitude and died off in WCW late 90's
#10 Kevin Nash was around pre his WWF run, then entered WWF just b4 the attitude era, moved to WCW during there peek, then returned to WWF/E after the WCW Collpase era.
#11 Chris Jericho - WCW leading upto the Monday night wars, WWF attitude, WCW Collapse era.
#12 JBL was around pre attitude era and is still alive and kicking
*14 Mick Foley/Triple H were in WCW at the end of the Hogan era b4 moving to WWF begining the attitude era
#15 Earl Hebner, Little Natech Charles Robinson, JR, Jerry Lawler the list could go on and on

I'll stop there cause as i said it's totally subjective what one's determination of popular is for starters and whether u mean active in ring or not. Do you consider the Cena era popular? for instance? i personally don't but many would beg to differ.

There's a simple answer that everyone has seem to forgotten: X-pac. He was part of the original NWO storyline as Syxx, part of the attitude era as X-pac and part of the alliance/invasion storylines.

Shawn Michaels was definetely one of them, he was with Marty Jannety with The Rockers in the crazy Hogan run 80's, a part of the ever growing stable known as Degeneration X, and now, you see him main eventing WM 23 with John Cena, and most recently, Ric Flair. So I believe that HBK definetely fits into this category.

I think some of you are misinterpreting the question, with the way Im understanding the question it can not be somebody like Taker or HBK because neither was in WCW during their boom period. So it would have to be somebody that wrestled in both organizations so you can throw Sting out of the picture as well.

:undertaker2: This is such a open ended question but Mean Mark,Isaac Yankeem DDS, Jericho, Lightning Kid and i'll throw two names in there no one has said Yet Paul Heymen and Jeff Jarrett!!! :robvandam::xmen:

:undertaker2: This is such a open ended question but Mean Mark,Isaac Yankeem DDS, Jericho, Lightning Kid and i'll throw two names in there no one has said Yet Paul Heymen and Jeff Jarrett!!! :robvandam::xmen:

Again Im almost positive by his question he means who was PART of all 3 boom periods not who just happened to wrestle during them, by part of them I mean you had to be in that respective company that was booming. So going by that you can throw out Taker and Kane/Yankem because they werent in WCW during their boom period with the NWO. You have to throw out Jericho because he wasnt in the WWF during Hogan's era same with Jarrett. You can throw out Heyman because he wasnt in the WCW during the NWO times and wasnt in the WWF during the Hogan era. Xpac/123 Kid may qualify but Im not sure he was around during Hogan's WWF run. The first I remember of him was shortly before he beat Ramon and I almost positive that was after Hogan left, he may have still have been jobbing before that though.

EDIT: Nevermind I think Im misinterpreting the question. I thought he only meant the Rock and wrestling/Hogan WWF era, the WCW/NWO era and the WWF Attitude era and you had to wrestle in the organizations that were booming. Cause those are the only 3 modern eras that I would really define as boom or popular eras. If you wrestled in the WWF during the "New Generation" era I wouldnt classify that as popular or booming since that was considered a low point for the WWF. This current era or post attitude era I wouldnt classify as one either since the ratings have dropped considerably from where they were. If people do classify this as a boom period then that opens the doors for a number of people basically anybody that started wrestling in the mid 90s to the mid 00s regardless of the federation would fit that description and there's dozens if not hundreds of wrestlers that could say that. So basically the way Im understanding is the formula that I figure you would need is this, you would have to do all of these.

Wrestled in the WWF at some point in the early 80s to early 90s
Wrestled in the WCW at some point from 96-98
Wrestled in the WWF at some point from early 98-early 01

How about "hacksaw" Jim Duggan? WWF in the 80's, WCW in the 90's, back to WWF now. Hes of no major importance now, but that would count. Sgt. Slaughter was huge in AWA, then to WWF and was just barely let go. And how could you forget Ric Flair?

ECW was booming during that period, due to superstars going back and forth so they should be included too.

Taker did wrestle in WCW during the Hogan era b4 WWF picked him up early 90's when the Hogan era was dying down so how does that throw him out? he was Mad Mark and teamed with Dan Spivey managed by Teddy Long, has been around continuously since

and as i said the WCW/NWO era and Attitude were side by side so they aren't 2 different era's that was the Monday Nght Wars era which ECW was involved in behind the scenes.

The question is vague anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back