Has anyone else noticed.....?

The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh

Tell me what's on ur so called mind
.... That if you watch any WWE DVD with Taker when his Biker gimmick first started, they play his Ministry of Darkness theme, of his Deadman Walking theme instead of Rollin' by Limp Bizkit? What's up with that?

I'd noticed before about this, but it really struck home while i was watching WMX-7 last night. Taker comes out to his Ministry theme for his match with HHH, but then later, in the Austin/Rock match, Austin's music is still the Disturbed version.

I'm guessing it's because Disturbed wrote 'Shattered Glass' for WWE, whereas Rollin' is a Limp Bizkit that WWE used. Does this mean that in years to come they'll dub over 'Slow Chemical' by Finger Eleven for all of Kane's matches?

I heard about that before, it´s ridicolous but for some reason they dub the themes, why ? I have no Idea.

They did it at one episode of WWE 24/7 Legends of wrestling, They were talking about Hogan and showed one of his matches in AWA but apparently they dubbed in the Real American theme, wasn´t he supposed to be some kind of irish guy ?

Yes. WWE dubs over a lot of the music if it is done by outside groups. The Dudley Boys music is always dubbed, because Saliva (the band that did their entrance) does Batista's, and they didn't want 1 band doing 2 different peoples entrance music. Pretty much if a wrestler changes their entrance music for a guy using a popular bands song, then WWE stops paying royalties to use said song. If WWE put the licensed song in on the DVD, then they would have to pay royalties to the band, so they do not do that, because it is a needless expense. It lowers the quality of the DVD, but not by a whole lot, because I don't think people buy the DVDs to watch the Wrestlers entrances.

There are a lot of other guys who don't have their real music on DVDs, especially wrestlers not with the company anymore. And we all must hope and pray that they don't go the same route 10 years from now, when Triple H is retired and they put out a DVD set, because there is always the chance of it being Motorhead free, which would be a crime, cause Motorhead is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back