Harry Potter Ultimate Editions

Attitude

Getting Noticed By Management
So I don't how long this thread will survive but I'll give it a try.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. I have all the films already on dvd and blu ray. However, like most movies the Harry Potter series had the "New Updated Extended Ultmate," Editions or whatever they call them. So being a huge fan of the films I want to buy the Ultimate Editions for Harry Potter and trade in the others. But on the internet I started getting a little confused about what's just in these Ultimate Editions. Some say the first two films are extended but the last two or three aren't. Some reports say all are. I don't know what's true. So my questions are:

Are all of the Harry Potter Ultimate Editions also Extended Editions?

If so are they worth buying?

Note: I know not the greatest thread, but if someone could just answer my questions. Thanks.

Well I don't know if this will help too much, but here are some descriptions I found on Amazon.com for the Ultimate Edition of The Half-Blood Prince.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Ultimate Edition Includes over One Hour of Never-Before-Seen Bonus Content

Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 6: Magical Effects
In Harry Potter’s world, portraits come to life, potions transform, time reverses, Quidditch players soar, dragons attack and magic is everywhere. Explore the moviemaking magic that created the wizardry and wonder of the Harry Potter film series. Now, fascinating new insights, interviews and watch-it-happen footage let you experience the triumphs of technical wizards who conjured up an awe-inspiring alternate reality. Share the fun as Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson negotiate the moving stairs. Marvel as an oversized water tank transforms into the depths of the black lake for the Triwizard Tournament. Discover which amazing sequence was filmed entirely using computer-generated imagery. Watch as blue-and green-screen backgrounds transform into towering structures and endless landscapes. You don’t know the magic until you’ve seen Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 6: Magical Effects.

DISC 1 – MOVIE Featuring Maximum Movie Mode. Daniel Radcliffe leads a unique, personal exploration of the movie while you watch! • Picture-in-Picture • Focus Featurettes • Scene Comparisons.

DISC 2 – SPECIAL FEATURES
Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 6: Magical Effects o Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Behind the Magic
Additional Scenes in Hi-Def
J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life: A Personal Look at the Journey in Creating and Launching the Final Book
Close Up with the Cast of Harry Potter: Cast Members Are Your Personal Guides to Aspects of Moviemaking That Include Editing, Makeup, Stunt, Set Design, Props, Costumes and More!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Get a Sneak Peak at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the Universal Orlando Resort
What’s on Your Mind?: Lightning-Round Q&A with Cast/Crew
One-Minute Drills: Cast Members Sum Up Their Characters
Gallery of Five Distinctive Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ABC Family Promo Spots
Theatrical Trailers

Collectibles include: 44-Page Book with Rare Images from Years 1-7
Year 5 Lenticular Card,br> Limited Edition Character Cards: #11 Draco Malfoy & #12 Albus Dumbledore

91K6aMvCj9L._AA1500_.jpg

The Prisoner Of Azkaban, The Order Of The Phoenix, The Goblet Of Fire, and The Sorcerer's Stone all have a similar three disc set descriptions. These sets include the never before seen footage. The Half-Blood Prince is a two-disc set, but it still includes bonus footage. So yeah, I'm pretty sure all of these sets include never before seen footage, but I think this footage is included on the second disc. It could be apart of the film, but the description only list additional footage for the second disc.

As far as buying them goes, it all depends on how big a fan you are. If you're a real die hard Harry Potter fan, then go for it, but I will warn you, don't be surprised if they re-release all of the Potter films on DVD and Blu-Ray in the future. I can't count the number of times Scarface has been released on DVD, and the studios will always try to capitalize off of the passion of a particular fanbase for any film. They're always re-releasing the same film over and over again, but they'll add some bonus footage, interviews, documentaries, and they might throw in some fancy toy or other type of special gift with the set, because limited editions, ultimate editions, and unrated versions of a film (or film series) always pop up like weeds out of nowhere. But if you're a true fan, it's kind of hard to resist the temptation sometimes, and I have fallen for some of these alluring sets before.

As far as the trade in stuff goes, I don't know if I would go down that route, because most of the time, they won't give you a fair trade. I traded in my original version of Hobo With A Shotgun for the 2-disc special edition version of the film at MovieStop, but I chose to use that version as store credit, because the cash value really wasn't worth it at all, and the rip-off is a lot worse, if you chose a cash return.

And here's some more news about Potter DVDs and Blu-Rays, if you care to know: http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/warner-bros-pulling-harry-potter-films-stores-dec-32122

Well I don't know if this will help too much, but here are some descriptions I found on Amazon.com for the Ultimate Edition of The Half-Blood Prince.

91K6aMvCj9L._AA1500_.jpg

The Prisoner Of Azkaban, The Order Of The Phoenix, The Goblet Of Fire, and The Sorcerer's Stone all have a similar three disc set descriptions. These sets include the never before seen footage. The Half-Blood Prince is a two-disc set, but it still includes bonus footage. So yeah, I'm pretty sure all of these sets include never before seen footage, but I think this footage is included on the second disc. It could be apart of the film, but the description only list additional footage for the second disc.

As far as buying them goes, it all depends on how big a fan you are. If you're a real die hard Harry Potter fan, then go for it, but I will warn you, don't be surprised if they re-release all of the Potter films on DVD and Blu-Ray in the future. I can't count the number of times Scarface has been released on DVD, and the studios will always try to capitalize off of the passion of a particular fanbase for any film. They're always re-releasing the same film over and over again, but they'll add some bonus footage, interviews, documentaries, and they might throw in some fancy toy or other type of special gift with the set, because limited editions, ultimate editions, and unrated versions of a film (or film series) always pop up like weeds out of nowhere. But if you're a true fan, it's kind of hard to resist the temptation sometimes, and I have fallen for some of these alluring sets before.

As far as the trade in stuff goes, I don't know if I would go down that route, because most of the time, they won't give you a fair trade. I traded in my original version of Hobo With A Shotgun for the 2-disc special edition version of the film at MovieStop, but I chose to use that version as store credit, because the cash value really wasn't worth it at all, and the rip-off is a lot worse, if you chose a cash return.

And here's some more news about Potter DVDs and Blu-Rays, if you care to know: http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/warner-bros-pulling-harry-potter-films-stores-dec-32122

Thanks Mitch. This was extremely helpful for me in making my decision. I almost got one but the clerk/cashier did mention they do have the deleted scenes in the Ultimate Edition but it was just in the special features and not actually incorporated into the movie.

I was very hopeful though because I was watching either Harry Potter and Order Of The Pheonix or Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on the ABC Family network and they were showing the extended editions. So I got my hopes up thinking these are also the extended editions.

Also I can't believe they plan on taking them off the shelves in December. I guess it's okay since I own them all already but still that's crazy considering how huge this franchise is and how popular they have become. The last movie just came out too. I think it's to soon and I personally think taking the Harry Potter movies off the shelves would be a huge mistake even though I do realize they are just doing what Disney does and will re-release them every once in a while.

Yes.. There are some very special features in this edition and but i wish if they could have made one more part of this series then this will be good, As this whole series is liked by the most of the people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back