Harry Potter and The Cursed Child

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Less than 2 hours until the script is out. I'm excited!

I'll use this thread to discuss the play once read so it'll contain spoilers. Pre warning.

So I've read it, I liked it. Quite different to what I was expecting but I liked it.

I can see why some people said it was like a fan fiction though, too many nods that are tenuous and not enough that would make sense.

It's a play so yeah it's a quick read. 3 1/2 hours.

Just read it.

I liked it, though that's fifteen minutes after finishing it. I'll need some time to process it but I did like it a lot.

It's not particularly "good" (insofar as that is a metric that exists), but it was fun and charming, which basically encapsulates my feelings towards the series as a whole.
"You're upsetting the Dementors and entirely ruining Voldemort Day" got a laugh out loud chuckle from me.

My main chuckle was Ron being scared of Molly or Ron's "I don't think my kids have anything to do with it but if they're stood there I am too".

After a sleep and wakeup I still like it but my housemate who's seen it is keen to point out how much better it is with the visuals going on.

Didn't read the rest of the thread because spoilers, but I'm picking it up today. How did you like it?

Didn't read the rest of the thread because spoilers, but I'm picking it up today. How did you like it?

I enjoyed it, a few places were a bit too try hard but I liked it.

*Spoilers*

Very fan-fiction-esque. I don't know, it's so short, and I read it so fast I need some time to process how I feel.

I love it, because it's Harry Potter, and I will always love it. But so much is quite out there.

I love that I got extra Snape though, the 'Tell Albus Severus I'm proud he has my name' thing broke me. I love Severus SO MUCH. And my favourite funny line was Snape to Hermione "At least I'm not married to Ron".

Love Scorpius as a character.

Really not sure I buy that Voldemort and Bellatrix had a daughter, though.

Yeah the daughter thing was pretty much the main thing I disliked. That and Hermoine calling Voldermort the Dark Lord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back