• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Hardcore Justice] Devon v. The Pope [Bound For Glory Series]

Who wins?

• Devon

• The Pope

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Hardcore Justice 2011
Devon v. The Pope
Bound For Glory Series Match

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7.jpg

All discussion here.​

Isnt this a form of spam. Why not just make 1 thread? Anr you are the mod? Tisk tisk

For PPV matches, (e.g. as has been done for WWE Summerslam), the matches are all posted as seperate threads. Therefore a good discussion can be made on each match individually rather than one huge free-for-all on the PPV. Maybe if it was a predictions thread, sure have it on one thread, but talking about matches individually on a defined PPV is perfectly fine.

Isnt this a form of spam. Why not just make 1 thread? Anr you are the mod? Tisk tisk

technically, your post is a form of spam

on to the actual topic. this hasn't really been an interesting rivalry. all that's happened is pope has talked to devon's family and devon doesn't like or trust the pope. the crowd don't seem to care when it's happening. the pope has fallen a lot since he faced aj styles at lockdown for the world title (remember that?) the only time he's been close to reaching those heights was in the tournament to crown a new world champion after rvd vacated it. since then he's jumped from meaningless dragged out feud to meaningless dragged out feud and this is just another

since splitting from bully ray, devon hasn't done anything noteworthy. he's a tag team wrestler, he can't survive on his own. especially at this stage of his career

as for the bfg series, i don't see any of these two having a chance in it. devon will be nowhere near the top four. pope could be around 6th

i'm going for a pope win here. purely because he needs the points more, devon's got no chance at finishing in the top four and because i doubt this is the last match of their feud

How is this a PPV quality match? Please, someone explain this to me. Devon even being in this tournament is ridiculous, but the fact he now has a singles match with Pope really drags the quality of this PPV down. Who is interested in seeing these two wrestle? Devon should've either retired or become part of a new tag team with someone else because he is in no possible way a singles star and has no potential to be one at all... if he beats the Pope on this PPV TNA has really lost their minds. So, that's entirely possible!

Devon has been on a real role lately and has looked very impressive. And the reaction he gets is testament to the work he's put in in recent months. Who would've thought Devon and Bully Ray would make it as singles wrestlers after splitting up Team 3D? Not me. But boy have they proved me wrong.

I'm a fan of Pope's and would like to see him pick up the win here, but wrestling is all about momentum and crowd reaction. And Devon is winning in both those stakes currently. So therefore Devon is my pick.

I don't have any problem with this match being on pay per view, as this conflict has been simmering for awhile now and needs some kind of endorsement as something we should care about. That being said, it is paramount that something of significance takes place during this match to justify it being able to continue on.

Obviously Pope is attempting something with Devon's family, the question is what. We need to see something happen to actually fuel interest in seeing these two guys interact moving forward. Be it Devon's children or his wife, something must happen. Otherwise it comes across as Devon paranoid for unknown reasons because Pope is after his family for unknown reasons. Enough with the teases, let's get something concrete to focus on.

Considering all of that, I do believe that Pope needs to go over at the pay per view. He has given Devon points in the Bound for Glory series already. Give the man something to build on, his revenge, or he is lost forever in the lower midcard. Devon, admirable as his recent work has been, is never going to be more then a midcard wrestler at best. Pope offers more upside, as evidenced by his earlier work in the company. The time for slow burns in this feud has come and gone. Either lay down your cards with this TNA, or move on and give each guy something else to do.

This is not a match I am particularly looking forward to. The angle does not interest me. Why do they have to get the family involved? Seriously, has there EVER been an angle like this that wasn't bad or booked oddly? The match itself is surely not going to be anything to write home about either. Pope will likely win because he has a future whereas Devon is nothing without Ray and their former tag team.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
The Pope will defeat Devon.

this is not a ppv quality match so hopefully its just the show opener or atleast 1 of the first 2 matches on the show as much as pope should win (and i did vote for him to win) something tells me pope will let devon beat him as part of their stupid little storyline which is going nowhere! :disappointed: but id like to see pope pick up the victory here possibly by submission make it seem like he could come from behind and win even though we all know he wont

I see Pope winning for a number of reasons. He'll do something dirty to get the win, but that won't stop Devon's sons from thinking he's great. The fact he cheated will make Devon even more pissed that his kids are looking up to Pope, and thus the feud will escalate.

Another scenario: one of Devon's kids helps Pope get the win. This would be really extreme and stupid, but I could totally see it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back