• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GW II Round 2 - The Sting Of Madness vs. Theosaurus

Who Won?

• The Sting Of Madness

• Theosaurus

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
2ykyzhf.png

Graphics Wingman II

[YOUTUBE]Qi8q_t3le60[/YOUTUBE]

Welcome folks to Graphics Wingman II where sig-makers battle it out in a match for sig-making supremacy. We have an excellent match-up for you today, when two teams of excellent sig makers go head to head.

Introducing first, a team that loves Shinedown as much as they love chocolate...

The Sting Of Madness!

Their opponents, a team that has been making sigs since the beginning of time...

Theosaurus!

The scheduled category for this match is "Video Games." Teams have until December 26th to post their graphic. At which point, two graphics, one from each member must be put forward to the public vote and a winner will be decided.

Please remember that this forum is non-spam, so if you want to discuss any graphic that is posted, please ensure that you follow the spam guidelines and rules for this forum. Alternatively, post your thoughts in the Graphics Wingman Discussion Thread in the Requests sub-forum.

So, with that said, let's get it on!​

Had some issues with this sig, but after toying around with it and testing with some C4D I really loved the outcome.

5l6jv9.png

Now I'll admit I'm not much of the gamer minus sports and wrestling so I just went to psd dreams and went to the video game section and picked out a render I thought I could work with. The Prince of Persia one really stuck out so I rolled with it. My first step I found a background from google that had some orange in it and then put one with numerous colors (mostly oranges and pinks) and put that one on top with a vivid light setting. Next I put in a few images of the main render and duplicate it and put a motion blur on them. Then I merged them and duplicated it with a linear dodge setting. Next I took the main render and duplicated it. I smudge the two images to flow with the sig and I then merged them, duplicated it and set it on color dodge. Next I finally placed the main image of the sig. I then found some C4Ds and placed them throughout the sig. Then I added a brush at the bottom and put a clipping mask of fire with an orange and purple gradient applied to it. Then I added some lighting brushes of soft white around the upper portion of the sig with black ones towards the bottom. I then applied my image and sharpened it. I duplicated that layer and put a Gaussian blur and erased around the main image. I then added my text with a drop shadow and lower the opacity so it blended with the background. To end it there was some empty space towards the right so I applied the image and moved it to the right and set it on multiply with a fill of 28. I then called it a day and added a pink border and there you have it.

Well this is a subtle but futile attempt against Theo's masterpiece.

2iudpo2.jpg

Well this was actually a quite simple 24 layer piece of work. I started with a 420 x 150 canvas. Used the original size of my render to fill the canvas and smudged it with the rate at 100. I duplicated it then noise picked the image and set it to overlay and lowered the opacity. Then i added a space stock(Gotta love them). I added my render which is a Heretic from the 6th circle of hell - Heresy from the game Dante's Inferno. I added 4 C4D's on overlay and Screen. I darkened some of the edges and added yet another C4D. I added a light soucre to the image by using a white to transparent gradient map and lowered it's opacity on normal. I desaturated the image and set it to overlay to make the image look darker. I added two gradient maps - one purple and orange and the other black to transparent. I used soft brushing to enhance my renders slightly and soon added my font which was Diavlo. I used soft brushing to slightly erase to start of the font.

Good Luck to the other team, not that you need it.

"Better late, than never."

15819qu.png

Boom! There's my contribution this time around. Ya know, tutorials really are helpful when you finally figure out just where the hell the spacing option is when smudging in GIMP. Those fuckers really hide it from you. Anyway, this is a mix of duplicating and smudging the render many times, as well as a few Wireframe C4D's. Once I had the basic outline for the sig, I erased parts that I didnt like. After that, it was a matter of various gradient maps set on different settings and opacities. I played around with colors and brightness a bit at the end. Once it was all said and done, I gave it text and a border. Personally, I think this is one of the best sigs I've ever made. But, that's just to me.

Good luck to Theosaurus.

Finally got around to doing this and I'm very pleased at the result.

shepardcopy.jpg

First of all, I made the background image from scratch. I'm not going to go into much detail about it because it took me about an hour to get anywhere near what I wanted and would probably take me 3 hours to try and write it out and explain how I did it. I'll leave a link here to give a more grandeur scale of what it actually looks like.

Epic space picture:
spacecopy.jpg

As to the actual sig, that part was pretty simple. I found a Shepard picture that I liked and did the cut myself as there was once again no ones that really suited my needs on any PSD sites. I wanted to give the cut a more darker lighting to contrast the bright planet, alluding to the upcoming story line in Mass Effect 3. A couple of simple guassian blurs and blending options did it for me and this part of the sig was very quick and I was happy with the income.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back