• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest Sports Post Ever

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
On why football isn't popular in the US:

Its obviously boring, but there are plenty of reasons.

First, America is much more well off than the majority of the world, which affords them more expensive sports to compete in. Almost every kid plays soccer as a child, and most of them either quit or join a real sport. Just the way it is. Don't cry, I didn't say every other country was poor.

Secondly, all of the top athletes play other sports. We have to listen to the rest of the world brag about soccer dominance while we watch their 5'7, 135 lbs captain kick a ball, while we can see Adrian Peterson truck and Ray Lewis deck people, while a buff kicker hangs everyone on the edge of their seat. We have more dramatic kicking, and its only a small part of the game.

Finally, its ******ed to claim Americans can't watch a low scoring game. We all flock to watch no-hitters. A 1-0 game in baseball is dramatic. You have real strategy, and sometimes even progress. Base hit, bunt, sac fly. Strategy and execution. I have an Xbox, a football, and a car, how many times can you try to pass it back and forth, kick it to mid-field, have it stolen, steal it back, repeat, and expect it to be entertaining?

Soccer is like a spider who keeps climbing up the web, only to have a fat kid with a stick knock it down. Its 2010, how many times can we watch that?

Most of you don't like Twist, but I love him.

Yes, hitting a baseball that's thrown from a designated spot and hit from a designated spot, where if the player does hit said ball has to run in a designated course is obviously much more entertaining than people using their feet to articulately control the ball and develop on-the-fly plays with both the defense and offense allowed to handle said ball.

Reactions: TLC
I'm currently an expert on American Football, due to my total dominance on my recent impulse buy, Madden NFL 11. And I've come to the conclusion Americans would like real football would be better if each goal was worth 6 points and then the scoring team are allowed to take a penalty for an additional 1.

Yes, hitting a baseball that's thrown from a designated spot and hit from a designated spot, where if the player does hit said ball has to run in a designated course is obviously much more entertaining than people using their feet to articulately control the ball and develop on-the-fly plays with both the defense and offense allowed to handle said ball.

When you put it like that...

Yes, actually.

That ball can go anywhere. It can be hit to an infielder, and be turned into a double-play. It can go down the line in right field, scoring a run or two. It can be hit for a home-run. It can be hit to a spot in the outfield where the outfielder has to make a spectacular diving grab to make the out. That batter could also strike out.

As opposed to soccer, where one guy kicks it to another who runs up the field with it, tries to score, and misses. Then a person on the other team does the same thing, and the cycle just repeats itself.

Oh, and baseball doesnt have any vuvuzelas. Makes it better instantly.

Yes, actually.

That ball can go anywhere. It can be hit to an infielder, and be turned into a double-play. It can go down the line in right field, scoring a run or two. It can be hit for a home-run. It can be hit to a spot in the outfield where the outfielder has to make a spectacular diving grab to make the out. That batter could also strike out.

As opposed to soccer, where one guy kicks it to another who runs up the field with it, tries to score, and misses. Then a person on the other team does the same thing, and the cycle just repeats itself.

Oh, and baseball doesnt have any vuvuzelas. Makes it better instantly.

Although I was being sarcastic, you can make either sport look bad by saying "this one does this, but that one does all kinds of shit" in different lights... despite both sports doing the essential same thing:

Soccer: Kick
Baseball: Hit

Although I was being sarcastic, you can make either sport look bad by saying "this one does this, but that one does all kinds of shit" in different lights... despite both sports doing the essential same thing:

Soccer: Kick
Baseball: Hit

There is a throw on every single play, guaranteed.

You've yet to make baseball look bad.

LOL baseball is so hard. round bat, round ball. Pitches coming in at you at like 90 MPH. little to no reaction time, and the blink of an eye the ball could be behind you and in the catchers glove. real easy :rolleyes:

I'm currently an expert on American Football, due to my total dominance on my recent impulse buy, Madden NFL 11. And I've come to the conclusion Americans would like real football would be better if each goal was worth 6 points and then the scoring team are allowed to take a penalty for an additional 1.

Ive said it for years. If you want Americans to like real football, cut the feild in half, and take two players off the feild from both teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back