• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest Hogan in ring match ever?

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
I hear all the top matches from various sites, but why is this one never mentioned? He did stuff in this match that he never did in the US and he was WWF Champion.

[YOUTUBE]MxEDfufiwto[/YOUTUBE]

In the US all his matches seemed more character driven, but this match with Muta.. just.. made Hogan wrestle a totally different style. Hell I'm surprised Muta was able to kick out of the Leg Drop too! This match with Muta was better (IMO) than the match Muta had with Flair 4 years earlier.

Why is this match NEVER talked about? Hogan did more in this match than any US matches he had.

Also WHY was Hogan able to wrestle for NJPW while he was still WWF Champ? I would have loved to see a Bret Hart match as WWF Champ in NJPW, but that never happend. So was this in May of 1993 after winning it from Yokozuna at Wrestlemania? Is this why Hogan wasn't on WWF tv until King of The Ring where he lost it back to Yoko?

Honestly, compared to the matches he had in his early 80s Japan run with guys like Antonio Inoki and the like this was pretty tame. Not saying he was on Bret Hart levels but he was a bit more mobile in those matches AND the crowd was hot for the matches.

As far as America goes, his greatest matches by ring work was his matches with Macho Man and he even went down to the mat during a match with Bret Hart in WCW.

In terms of pure "spectacle" though, Hogan vs Warrior was a lot of fun.

Well his match versus Muta is hardly ever mentioned and he was WWF Champ at the time?!? If there is a better match from a pure wrestling perspective can someone post them?
(not talking about character driven wrestling like versus Andre, Warrior, Piper, Macho, Sting, Flair, Rock, etc)

This Muta match was really eye opening!

Honestly, compared to the matches he had in his early 80s Japan run with guys like Antonio Inoki and the like this was pretty tame. Not saying he was on Bret Hart levels but he was a bit more mobile in those matches AND the crowd was hot for the matches.

You mean these from 1984/1985? Its weird seeing how hot they were for the matches since it was before the AWA/WWF Hulkamania stuff..

[YOUTUBE]5Tx5ovz21z4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OdkvuH5PHqI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gi7TPFuMUvk[/YOUTUBE]

IMO pound for pound any of these 4 videos poasted above are better than almost any of the US Hogan matches with anyone, maybe its the pure shock value in how well Hogan can actually wrestle?!!?!?!! or maybe its the amount of effort he's putting in but either way its hard for me to look at a Hogan versus Warrior, Rock, Macho Man, etc the same ever again. I mean if you mute those matchs (take the crowd off of it) you'll clearly see that the videos above are better matches in terms of wrestling. Then again I guess thats all speculation.

Were there anymore vid's to look up from his Japan days?

Wait a sec Hogan versus Bob Backlund happend in Japan!!??!?!

[youtube]MwmlqcG78I4[/youtube]

[youtube]mwafYQs8HtQ[/youtube]

Hogan versus Dusty Rhodes!?!?!?!! and he was sporting the NWO Hollywood Hogan beard! :O

[youtube]cpD2X6pHi9I[/youtube]

[youtube]vNBMXVkwUMg[/youtube]

Hulk Hogan vs Masahiro Chono - New Japan Pro Wrestling (2003)

[YOUTUBE]TEJXkmNvJkk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]J_0YTvO3eqs[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all love Japanese Hogan. However, my favorite Hogan match is against The Warrior at Halloween Havoc. If you don't find enjoyment in that match then, well, you're just a knob head.

I'm shocked today, I've never heard of this DVD either! :O

[youtube]8Czq5G7fHyE[/youtube]

3 discs?!?!? he must have had a ton of matchs, this is on my want list now!

I've always been a big fan of Hogan vs. The Rock at WrestleMania, and I've seen the bout against Muta too. The camera shoot of him running down the aisle to the clothesline is outstanding. However in this thread I find myself thinking that I don't know shit about Hogan pre-Hulkamania, aside from the fact that he trained in Florida and lost to Andre The Giant in a supershow before their bout at Mania, where Hogan was the heel and was managed by Freddie Blassie. Literally don't know anything about his AWA run. I'll do some research for sure. Good thread.

Okay this Great Muta match with Hogan was their second one... its better than the first in the OP!

[youtube]lvnjwotzuzY[/youtube]

[youtube]ns5vdpxYXt0[/youtube]

However in this thread I find myself thinking that I don't know shit about Hogan pre-Hulkamania, aside from the fact that he trained in Florida and lost to Andre The Giant in a supershow before their bout at Mania, where Hogan was the heel and was managed by Freddie Blassie. Literally don't know anything about his AWA run. I'll do some research for sure. Good thread.

Well Hulkamania started in the AWA not WWF, but here ya go just for you.

Hulk Hogan, Mean Gene, and Bobby Heenan in the AWA

[YOUTUBE]xFVWro5_umM[/YOUTUBE]

Hulk Hogan vs Masahiro Chono - New Japan Pro Wrestling (2003)

[YOUTUBE]TEJXkmNvJkk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]J_0YTvO3eqs[/YOUTUBE]

This wasn't bad, I like that the Japan style is more brawling and more of a faster pace and thus makes it more belivable ( In terms of all the Hogan matches posted, espically the Abdullah match)

"In ring match"? Well, I suppose we have to step outside of Hogan's extensive list of Boiler Room Brawls sometime.

People shit on Hogan but he was a good wrestler. Just like Dusty Rhodes was a good wrestler, Bret Hart, The Road Warriors, Steve Austin, Scott Hall, Randy Savage, and so on. I don't think the American audience would have been into the style he worked in Japan during the big muscle head era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back