• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest Ever WWE Title Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the best title reigns both go to HHH. The Mcmahon\Helmsley era was awesome and when he was in Evolution HHH always had a trick up his sleeve they ruled the raw title divison.
WHC: HHH
Inttercontinental: Randy Orton
World tag team: Batista & Ric Flair
Those were the glory years of wwe

The boyhood dream was pretty special. I also disagree with Dre Guevara saying Shawn was a prick afterwards. Yea he could have been politer maybe but it was his moment. It was something you noticed after Christian won the title at ERs Edge stood back for a bit and let him have that moment before going to congratulate him. That was classy. While Shawns response might not have been classy neither was Bret going into the ring and diverting any attention away from Shawn. Anyway sorry I digress.

Following that I loved RVD winning at ONS it was just an electric atmosphere/moment.

My favourite though, which I'm sure people will disagree with, was Jeff's first win. It just felt like he'd been getting closer and closer for years. I became a huge Jeff fan after his Undisputed Title ladder match with Undertaker years before that and I think it was more just my own preference I felt like I'd followed his whole career and for him to finally get the big one was as near perfect as wrestling gets for me.

The 2 biggest pops for a title win in history *I've seen them all) is Warrior over Hogan and ironically Goldberg over Hogan. Case close. I've seen every PPV title match since Mania 3.

I'm gonna say jeff hardy's win at armaggedon it was that moment after all those tries of jeff getting closer and closer to winning it and at last after the triple threat match he won it. That was a great win. my other favorites are mankind beating the rock. Even tho wcw spoiled it people still tuned in and I can never forget that sign that said something about mankind got me to watch. Another was undertaker's wrestlemania 13 win. The match wasn't the best could've been better but taker had his moment kneeling down in the ring and doing his pose with the title great mania moment for him

Mick Foley's first title win, the one that WCW shot themselves in the foot with. Great title win, unexpected.

Honorable mentions(Hope the World Heavyweight Championship counts): Benoit's first title win, Christian's recent win and HBK's title after his Iron Man Epic with Bret Hart.

Odisho21, you must've read my mind cause I was going to say those two. All you guys have picked great moments. This is the next two on my list.
Chris Jericho's title win at Vegeance in 2001 was out of left field. No one expected him to get by the Rock and surely not by Stone cold either. It was refreshing to see what direction the WWE was going to go with during the next few months.

My second (really my fourth) is Hulk Hogan over the Iron Sheik in Madisin Square Garden. I remember watching this as a little kid, the whole arena erupted like I never heard before and wouldn't hear again until Wrestlemania 3. This was the title win that truly changed the wrestling industry.

I hate to agree with the above also but I too think it wasn't that great of a title win because like the person above stated it was obvious, but also after like 30mins of Cena getting pummeled he ducked one clothesline from hell and then an FU to win, 1 move and you win, "really....really.......really?" But I respect your opinion I mean someone has to stand up for the Fruit Loops of the world (no pun intended :)

Right, because that's sooooo uncommon...oh my god, the heel dominated the match and the face came back to win at the end?? Unheard of! If you want to say the finish was obvious, that's one thing, but the booking of the match was no different than 90% of the picks here. But yeah, I do agree that it wasn't a great match or great title change. It wasn't even the main event...Batista beating Triple H was.

That was the first wrestling match I ever watched. I have no idea how I even saw it because my father wasn't a wrestling fan, but somehow I had that on my tv and afterward I was hooked. I never was a Hogan fan though.

To me, the greatest ever WWF title win was the Ultimate Warrior over Hogan at Wrestlemania VI. I know that Warrior went off the deep end and his push didn't last, but he was the first man to ever hold the WWF title and Intercontinental titles at the same time and he was extremely over at the time. Hogan was the WWF's standard-bearer and I didn't think there was any way he'd ever lose. This was a passing of the torch match in ways that hadn't been seen since the Sheik lost to Hogan in the aforementioned match. Truly an incredible moment.

Too bad Warrior had to ruin it by being nuts.

(As an addendum, I still hate Vince for not giving the Million Dollar Man the title at Wrestlemania IV. He deserved it and should've been the first heel to ever win the penultimate match at Wrestlemania. That said, it elevated another wrester I've always appreciated in Randy Savage.)

Just wanted to let you know that penultimate means second to last, so that wasn't the word you were looking for, lol. But I 100% agree with you that the great was Ultimate Warrior over Hulk Hogan. It's been soiled by hindsight, but at the time, that was an incredible moment. It got me hooked on wrestling.

For me the best title reigns both go to HHH. The Mcmahon\Helmsley era was awesome and when he was in Evolution HHH always had a trick up his sleeve they ruled the raw title divison.
WHC: HHH
Inttercontinental: Randy Orton
World tag team: Batista & Ric Flair
Those were the glory years of wwe

Lol, good job reading the thread, champ.

The greatest title when ever was when Randy Orton went over Christian on Smackdown! to win the world heavyweight championship!
or when YOKOZUNA beat the hitman at wrestlemania. i think that was a close second

Troll is trolling, I guess.

Anyway, like I said above, my favorite win was the Ultimate Warrior beating Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VI. Followed closely by Bret Hart beating Yokozuna at Wrestlemania X, which had a great buildup to it...Bret being turned on by Owen, Yokozuna seeming so unbeatable, the Hart/Luger ending at Royal Rumble, the double matches at Wrestlemania X...and the way all the wrestlers congratulated Bret in the ring afterwards. And then Shawn Michaels' win over Bret Hart in the Iron Man match. Yeah, I realize the match is atrocious when you look back at it(if you're a fan of the match, I would definitely recommend not watching it again, it completely ruins it), but the drama at the time made it so great. Everything Shawn had been through the last year and a half.

I think this is something that's just missing from the WWE today. There's no drama...there's no great builds to title changes anymore. Whenever they want to give somebody the belt, they make the change the next month. Back then, a title change was a big deal...now, a title defense is a big deal.

For me, the greatest WWE Title win of all the times is Ric Flair winning the title at the '92 Royal Rumble.

People always talked back then about who the greatest wrestler in the world was. Was it Hogan or Flair? Then NWA's golden boy comes to the WWF/E and wins their biggest championship. It was amazing to watch. Also, you just knew that it was going to lead to a match between Hogan and Flair for the title at WrestleMania 8; however, that never happened and; IMO, that is one of the WWE's biggest mistakes EVER!

I know it says WWE title but to hell with it there are so many special WWE title wins many have been mentioned on this thread, but im going to go for an IC title win, maybe its because im scottish but the most special for me or at least the first that comes to mind was The British Bulldog beating Bret Hart Summerslam 1992 @ the iconic Wembley Stadium, London a truelly special night for british WWE fans for lots of reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back