• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest ANIMAL in wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aotearoa (Bushwacker)

Pre-Show Stalwart
So the over the years some wrestlers have had animals as their mascots accompany them.
There was....
Matilda the Bulldog - the trusty mascot of the British Bulldogs (until she was dognapped by the Islanders I believe)

Damien and Lucifer - Jake the Snakes infamous snakes. Damien was a solid staple ringside until Earthquake killed and ate him leading the the debut of Lucifer and even bigger and badder snake.

Frankie the Macaw - the famous bird of Koko B. Ware

George the Rat - Anybody remember him. Mankinds pet rat. I dont know if ever actually got ringside but was definitely a part of Mankinds early character

Pepper the Chihuahua - The silly dog that accompanied Al Snow

Honorable mention - The bald Eagle (Chavo)

There are probably others I have missed. Feel free to add to my list.
I think all the animals mentioned above had significant features in major storylines, mainly Matilda Damien and Lucifer and pepper. With all the talk of bringing back valets and managers should mascots be brought back as well and could they contribute to new interesting storylines...

So my questions are....
Who was the best animal mascot and why?
Do you miss the animal mascots? Should they return?
Who would suit an animal to accompany their gimmick nowadays? i.e. Randy Orton with a Viper, Batista with an Animal etc.
Should animals be entered into the hall of fame? (I would have put Frankie the Macaw in before I put in Koko B. Ware)
How would you debut a new gimmick with an animal sidekick and what would it be? (pure fantasy)

I would have to say the greatest 'animal' was Jake The Snake's cobra! The fear in his opponents eyes as well as the biting of Randy Savage and Jake himself was enough to make it memorable

I would have to say the greatest 'animal' was Jake The Snake's cobra! The fear in his opponents eyes as well as the biting of Randy Savage and Jake himself was enough to make it memorable

Agreed, those snakes added a big element to Jake Robert's Character. If Stone Cold could have had a rattlesnake or Orton a viper it could have made their characters better.

Since nobodies mascot put the fear into people that Jake Roberts snakes did, I gotta go with Damien & Lucifer. The psycological advantage they gave him was priceless, plus the could have ate Matilda, Frankie, and the other mascots if they got the chance.

Since nobodies mascot put the fear into people that Jake Roberts snakes did, I gotta go with Damien & Lucifer. The psycological advantage they gave him was priceless, plus the could have ate Matilda, Frankie, and the other mascots if they got the chance.

While not as memorable as Damien I do remember that Ricky steamboat had a Komodo Dragon for a while for that same psychological advantage. If I remember correctly Steamboat beat Roberts when he had the komodo with him.

I think the Dragon brought it in for the Jake fued. Another thing R.I.P Damien. One of the best things i have ever seen was Quake squashing him back in the day.

The big question is....why is Renee's Dupree's dog not on this list...Fifi wasn't it?

Anyway, the answer to this is clearly Jake The Snake Roberts' snakes, they were such a vital part of his character. When you think of Roberts' you think of him throwing the snake on his opponent and watching their terror each and every time, you think of his snake biting Randy Savage, you think of Earthquake squashing Damien, and you think of Jake carrying the snake to ringside in a bag over his shoulder.

It has to be the snake, there is no other animal in the WWE that has ever been as important or integral to storylines with a big name star like the snakes were to Jake Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back