Great Story Illustrating How F'd Up HealthCare is in USA

SalvIsWin

Scientific Skeptic
Say what you want about health care in the United States, but any American has to admit that there are some serious, serious flaws in their system.

The story is that this guy worked as a driver for Coca Cola, but for whatever reason is no longer employed. He has no money, and he doesn't have health insurance because he can't afford it. He has two ruptured discs in his back, a problem with his foot, and a growth on his chest that hasn't been diagnosed. None of the stories online say if the man had a home, but it's assumed that he didn't because of the wording which I'll go over.

Anyway, so this guy robs a RBC of $1.00 so that he would be arrested and taken to prison, because in prison he will receive shelter/food/health care for free.

Also, the jail doctor accused him of manipulating the system.

How fucked up is a system when someone purposely attempts to be put in jail because prisoners receive better care than some citizens? Any comments on this?

Here's a couple links to the story and video:

Story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelo...out/man-robs-bank-to-get-medical-care-in-jail
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va_-XLo1ECo

Well the healthcare industry wouldn't want anything to do with him. He has no money to give them. They need to take care of someone else who can cut them a check.

*cue conservatives who say "why should i have to pay for someone else?"*

The fact that that is the argument you use scares me. Everything is so much based on survival that the idea of something being considered a universal right, like care for the sick, is considered obsolete.

To further stir the pot, let me add this: Under Obama's proposed Health Care plan that goes into effect in 2014, this man would have been covered.

You know the charties in Africa that do really basic surgery things like cataracts? I know someone who worked for a charity who did that in the USA and people travelled up to three states over just to get the treatment.

Yep. Build up two countries on the other side of the world for the cost of hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars while thousands lose their lives? No problem. Getting someone some medicine because they got a cold because they did that annoying thing of going outside? STOP LEECHING OFF AMERICA YOU SICK FREAKS!

Saw this on Yahoo yesterday. It's nice to see a healthcare that drives otherwise normal people to be "criminals".

Ah, to live in a country where you can go to the doctor without worrying :)

I really do feel sorry for you guys in the States, I hope you get your health system sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back