Great Music Via Wrestling

Pay Per Ghost

What they f*ck happened in the thread section here
Now back in 1998, I could only get my hands on cassettes of Micheal Jackson, backstreet boys and a few more, which I thoroughly enjoyed at the time. No one I knew listened to rock or metal or anything of the sort.

But one day in August when watching Raw is War, this came up-

[YOUTUBE]WoBYTFwOksg[/YOUTUBE]​

This was the biggest match of it's time and was, for me, bigger than Austin vs Rock or Austin vs HBK, based on the fact that both the guys were going into the match as faces and had a great build-up.

But let's not discuss the match, but the music.

I remember hearing this for the first time and being blown away by EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!
The chorus, infectious as hell and as a 10 year old hearing AC/DC for the first time...well you know how EPIC that is!

My taste in modern rock, metal, classic rock, blues, grunge can all be traced to this one song.

So which song, if any, changed or diversified your taste in music because of Wrestling?

As I said in a thread in the music section my love for Jimi Hendrix can be traced back to Hulk Hogan

[YOUTUBE]LaolEB6uy68[/YOUTUBE]

Being only around 12/13 at the time I didn't know who the hell Jimi Hendrix was, after this though I did and I haven't looked back.

Mine is slightly different:
I knew of Creed, even thought Mark was a
good guitarist. I just couldn't get into the
pure godblessed buttrock that they seemed
to put out. Then in the early 2000s WWF
starting airing "Desire" music videos that
at the time I thought were brilliant and
still do.
I believe the first one was this:
Even though I hate Creed, I love this video.
Wish I could find a cleaner rip, or better yet
and up-scaled HD copy.

I found Rev theory from Randy Ortons Entrance Music. The actual songs arent on the 2 albums i downloaded but its still stuff i listen to a lot.

[YOUTUBE]7LuSP4QaXiQ&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

Same here. Wrestling got me into Alter Bridge (Edge's theme), and Rev Theory (Randy's theme..) although I did kinda like them a little already when they were a little lesser known, and I seen them perform at bar shows. I even dug Lita's theme BoyHitsCar, and lately with the song for PPV for the HIAC 2010...the AtomSmash...I'm digging them as well... I would LOVE to be the people who pick songs for WWE events, it must be a cool job.

Mine is slightly different:
I knew of Creed, even thought Mark was a
good guitarist. I just couldn't get into the
pure godblessed buttrock that they seemed
to put out. Then in the early 2000s WWF
starting airing "Desire" music videos that
at the time I thought were brilliant and
still do.
I believe the first one was this:
Even though I hate Creed, I love this video.
Wish I could find a cleaner rip, or better yet
and up-scaled HD copy.

[YOUTUBE]MHUEfJ_NB0g[/YOUTUBE]

Stone Cold was coming back after the infamous 'walk out' incident and I remember reading an article on WZ back in 2003 about how after Raw Magazine published his side of the story and Bischoff calling him out, there were still doubts if he would come.

But he came, and before him came this epic video.

I did like Creed and think Tremontti is a good guitarist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back