• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GOW I & II complilation.

Spunky

Lovable degenerate.
www.psxextreme.com said:
Thanks to an eagle-eyed reader, we were the first to break the news that a special Blu-Ray God of War package might be headed to the PlayStation 3 later this year.

Well...it's all true. As revealed over at the PlayStation Blog, SCEA has announced the God of War Collection exclusively for the PS3. Set to release "this holiday season," this awesome pack contains "reworked versions of both God of War and God of War II on a single Blu-Ray disc at full 1280 x 720 resolution." This is a totally bad-ass offer, especially to those who missed out on the unrivaled glory of GoW and GoWII on the PS2; it also makes for a perfect holiday gift to any big fan of the franchise. More from the exciting press release:

"Both critically acclaimed games, which were originally developed for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring PlayStation®Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the first time (included for both games)."

The price? Only $39.99, which is a full $20 cheaper than the normal new release. Now, the only downside is that we don't see a demo for God of War III, which we thought would be included in this package. But even if it's not there, the first two games in high-def plus Trophy support make it well worth the price, and it'll be yet another significant boost for the PS3 this holiday season. Stay tuned for the finalized release date.

GREAT idea. I never played God of War one or two, But always wanted too, So the games have been re-mastered, And updated with trophy support. I will be getting the pack because I'm going to get God of War III and want to get into the story.

Anyone else like the sound of it? Anyone just like the game's, And would like to discuss them?

Another great idea, just like the Ico/SOTC games. I know a lot of people KNOW bout GOW but there's not that many I know who have played it. Whilst I've played briefly the first one, II is pretty damn fine.

Releasing the bundle pack will again open the doors to new people and give those who no longer have a PS2 some scope to replay the game before III is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back