• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GOP vs. FAA

It's like the Republicans don't even try to hide their insanity anymore. Don't get me wrong, I understand the link you posted was pretty pro Democrat, but fucking with the lives of thousands of people and their families just so rich people can continue to get richer is simply evil.

This debt ceiling thing is scaring me. The Tea Party has totally taken over the GOP and they seem like they have zero issue with watching the country burn.

Good thing they really only have the ability to block policy, not make it (at the federal level, that is). If they were actually creating policy, with the way they're acting right now, we'd be in trouble. Things like this are going to ensure a Democratic President, House and Senate in 2012. The shit they pulled in 2010 doesn't work during Presidential election season. It just doesn't.

Good thing they really only have the ability to block policy, not make it (at the federal level, that is). If they were actually creating policy, with the way they're acting right now, we'd be in trouble. Things like this are going to ensure a Democratic President, House and Senate in 2012. The shit they pulled in 2010 doesn't work during Presidential election season. It just doesn't.

I'm not so sure the Republican plan is to fuck up the country so badly, that when the Presidential election comes around, the Republicans can point to how bad things are and tell people they'll be the ones to fix it.

Americans are incredibly ignorant, and give little care to economic politics, so the strategy could definitely work.

I'm not so sure the Republican plan is to fuck up the country so badly, that when the Presidential election comes around, the Republicans can point to how bad things are and tell people they'll be the ones to fix it.

Americans are incredibly ignorant, and give little care to economic politics, so the strategy could definitely work.

That is the plan. That has been the plan since January of 2009. But, I think this strategy was employed far too early. They have never looked reasonable, and that's a problem (which polls are beginning to show). I think they jumped into this obstructionist agenda too early, and it's going to backfire. Of course, I could be wrong, but their momentum is way down from a year ago at this time.

EDIT: Keep in mind, I'm talking about independents. The Tea Party crowd isn't going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back