• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Goodell, you needs to go!

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Not that it's anything new, damn near everyone has said it by this point but this whole deflategate deal is the icing on the cake.

I think this annoys me more than usual Goodell stupidity because it became very apparent that this whole suspension moved past league integrity (like it existed in the 1st place) to a personal battle between him and Brady. He couldn't stand the fact Brady won in court so he did everything he could to make sure he got his way. It's not even the fact Brady is suspended at this point, it's the fact Goodell cares more about his image than he does about doing whats right for the league, it would have been best to just let this thing die out quickly and painlessly at the beginning on the season (it would have also been best for Brady to take his punishment like a man but I digress) but it says a lot about someone when they will drag this out for an additional 8 months, costing the league millions of dollars just so he can get his man.

At this point I'd argue that Brady might as well just serve the damn suspension and move on, it would be a hell of a lot easier than fighting this thing, especially after he does his time he can go back to normal (people have been trying to tarnish his legacy for years, what's another thing?).

The chances of Goddell getting the boot is slim to none. The owners love him.

Yep, the only way he's gonna get the boot is if the ratings get so low it becomes more profitable for networks to air infomercials on sunday afternoons. That ain't happenin' anytime soon no matter how many editorials crappy sports bloggers write.

Actually, Goodell would be the current winner in court.

Exactly. As far as my understanding goes, when the players agreed to the current CBA they gave Goodell the power he currently has. So basically what he says as far as punishment goes. And that's not going to change until there's a new CBA.

I agree that it's silly to give the Patriots and Brady so much punishment over deflated footballs, but he's well within his power to do so, and it was the players who agreed to it.

He's in good shape right now, but he really can't take on any further witch hunts. He needs to hire someone to handle discipline (at least in public).

Actually, Goodell would be the current winner in court.

Exactly. As far as my understanding goes, when the players agreed to the current CBA they gave Goodell the power he currently has. So basically what he says as far as punishment goes. And that's not going to change until there's a new CBA.

I agree that it's silly to give the Patriots and Brady so much punishment over deflated footballs, but he's well within his power to do so, and it was the players who agreed to it.

I can't argue with the fact the players brought alot of this upon themselves. My whole issue isn't so much the suspension, it's stupid but this is hardly the 1st suspension that is at the very least eye brow raising. The whole thing with Goodell and this whole deflategate deal is it flet like someone who couldn't handle the fact Brady initially beat him in court which is why I didn't like it. I'm not a fan of someone who has the power of Goodell and uses a personal grudge as basis to waste millions of dollars to bring down someone, especially over such a stupid reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back