• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Good Things About WWE Right Now

WWEIsLife2

Championship Contender
OK I felt like making a Thread about the Good Things going on in WWE right now on RAW & Smackdown. I know some people aren't too satisfied with WWE TV right now (at least on the IWC anyway) but I always go into a Monday,Friday,Sunday Night still looking forward to seeing whats going to happen. So lets see what we can list are the Postive Side of the WWE right now.

John Cena/Nexus-I have enjoyed this Storyline so far after Cena had to join Nexus at HIAC especially when Wade Barrett started pushing John Cena to hit him. So I can't wait to see how this Storyline ends.

Randy Orton-I like him being a Fan Favorite right now but kind of having a Stone Cold Tweener persona as well.

Undertaker/Kane/Paul Bearer Saga-Kane has been a roll lately and his Promos have been the Best of his Career so far. Paul Bearer being back is a nice touch and the latest Kane/Taker Feud has been solid,looks like we might get a Buried Alive Match at Bragging Rights which we haven't seen in awhile.

Alberto Del Rio-Probably the most hated guy on Smackdown right now

CM Punk/Edge Trading Places-Edge belongs on Smackdown and CM Punk being back on RAW is a good move.

Sheamus-Had a great early run so far with 2 WWE Title runs and he is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Daniel Bryan,John Morrison.R-Truth,Jack Swagger,Cody Rhodes,Drew Mcintyre,etc all getting Decent Pushes.

So those are just a few things at the moment so what are some of everyone elses?

1) Alberto Del Rios This guy is bar none the best thing going in WWE right now. He's quickly become my favorite guy on the roster, & my only negative comment is that he should be feuding for one of the titles. His feud with Mysterio is good, but he needs more!

And that's about it for me. The Cena/Nexus agnle has promise, but I'm not ready to buy it just yet. I still think Freddie Prinze Jr & WWE Creative will screw it up. The Kane/Undertaker feud has gotten stale, & they really don't even need the WHC to be a part of it. The belt should be used to help build new stars. CM Punk was burried on Smackdown, & I'm not convinced that will change on Raw. Orton, eh. Not a huge fan-he has absolutely no charisma. And I hate the Miz, so I'm not giving WWE credit for him either. WWE is very medicore right now, & I don't see it improving anytime soon.

Yes, I agree about John Cena/Nexus storyline. They took it to new lengths, where the Cena "haters" can enjoy. Like my self. I disagree with Randy Orton right now. Yes, he's a fan favourate, but he's definitely no Stone Cold. Orton definitely doesn't have the charismatic persona like Stone Cold. And he's not fast paced in the ring like him also. I'm sorta enjoying Alberto Del Rio. His debut was very very impressive and he made such an impact in WWE SmackDown. He reminded me of Kurt Angle a bit. But very different also. His reaction is incredible too. Cm Punk going to Raw is a breath of fresh air. Getting jobbed to Undertaker and Big Show pissed me off. And for Edge, I always thought his work was better on SmackDown. And ever since Hell in a Cell, the Paul Bearer/Undertaker/Kane storyline got way less interesting. Daniel Bryan, The Miz, John Morrison are getting a small pushes thankfully. Except Miz, his push is big big big. Surprises me that Morrison is getting treated better by WWE though, I didn't expect that in awhile. Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, and Kaval are pretty entertaining dudes. I could could care less for Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus and Santino Marella though. But I'm finally glad that Goldust is being used in a hopefully real feud with Ted Dibiase.

Ok first off The Nexus/Cena storyline is gonna get better. I'm not a Cena hater, I met the guy at Judgement day in Chicago in 2009, he is a nice guy, he really is. he loves what he does and he doesn't whine like Brock Lesner did when he got out of his WWE contract that he can't handle the road. The WWE is building themselfs around Cena's image and even in Nexus he is still a force to deal with. The storys gonna play out where Cena gets 'fired' then returns to bring down nexus. Thats my opinion on that.

Orton. Good guy to bring into the WWE Champ picture. What needs to happen is he needs to drop the belt at the PPV to the Miz.

Miz is only getting better every week. I can't wait to see him lead Team Raw against Team Smackdown

Edge/Punk switch shows. Raw needs a new, good heel and with Taker leaving Edge is needed on Smackdown. This was a good move on WWE's part but what should have happened is Edge should have speared Cole off the Computer Stand, Sorry I can't stand Cole.

I can't wait to see where things go from here.

1. John Cena/Nexus It's the best storyline in the WWE right now. And with Cena in the Nexus it makes the story more interesting. Plus, the WWE title is added to it now. It is a full package.

2. Taker/Kane/Bearer Well, nobody likes the fact that WWE does their storylines time and time again but this time, this storyline is absolutely perfect and looks real. From Kane sending Taker to a "vegitative" state to P.B returning and turning on Taker. It looks awesome

3. The Miz Wow. This man is on a roll right now. He's the next big star. And he'll be the WWE champ soon.

4. John Morrison push It is come in an awesome way. First, to get 2 clean victories over one of the best wrestler Chris Jericho and a close win over Sheamus. Plus, the triple threat match at HIAC was cool as well.

5. Edge trade Personally, I think Edge belongs to the blue brand. He does well there. So that was a good move by the WWE.

Since the earlier this year, the WWE has been doing a lot right. I thought their product was increasingly stale - then the Undertaker went into a coma, Nexus emerged, CM Punk has had one of the best heel personalities arguably since Y2J, and the mid-carders have gotten lots more recognition since the Attitude Era (I'm looking at Daniel Bryan, John Morrison, The Miz, and few others).

It's all in the writing. The WWE has a writing team that writes on their worst day better stuff than TNA's staff on their best.

The Undertaker storyline didn't need a crazy swerve. We were looking for it. We were hoping it wasn't Kane, and now that it is, we - at least I - can't help but be intrigued with this personal storyline more than I've ever since Kane debuted.

The Nexus beatdown, when they destroyed the WWE ring and everyone around them, was one of the most impactful moments I've ever seen in the WWE. Again, some things that have happened during their storyline hasn't made me all that happy, but I'm trusting the writing team will continue creating strong stuff for them to do.

Orton has been used in a great way. Cena, too. And considering that the mid-carders have been used correctly as mid-carders, I can't complain too much with what the WWE is doing.

Cena vs Nexus - This is a great story-line and it has really taken an awesome twist with Cena being forced to join the Nexus crew. Everyone has already elaborated on this so I'll stop there.

Randy Orton - Orton becoming this iconic, loved-by-all, viper beast has become a great asset to the company. This is allowing Cena to move from being the "top guy" with the title 24/7 to moving on to Nexus. Orton is awesome, not "boring" or whatever the people that just want to be different say.

Kane with the title - This is the most deserving title-run that I have seen in some time. The fact that he is feuding with Taker and that Paul Bearer is involved just gives it an awesome feel. I love this feud, again.

The guys that should sometime see the Main Event - What I mean by this is the guys that are close to being main-eventers, one day should be main eventers, or have already been in the main event but for only a short period of time. Guys like Morrison, Bryan, CM Punk (though been there, fell off for no reason), Kofi, Bourne, Rhodes, Kaval, etc. They all have potential to be stars and I can't wait to see which ones break out.

Sheamus - This guy is great and is one of the best heels with a very unique gimmick. I read something on WZ that the locker room raves about how great he is and it's good to see that someone is providing some positive light for the locker room considering the recent state it's been in.

So basically, there's still a lot going good for it. If they would just cut the shit with having a PPV every 5 seconds, the anonymous GM, SD! being taped, creative being uncreative, and some other things.. then it would be even more great than it already is. Sure it's in a slump but guys.... it's Vinny Mac we're talking here.... please don't doubt.

Ill go in order of what I think is the best of WWE programming right now.

1. Kane vs The Undertaker:- A feud thats essentially been in place since Memorial Day has been the best work of Kane's career. Where have these promo skills been? He's been, week in, and week out, the best guy on the mic in the 'E'. They had a pretty good match at Night of Champions, and while their match at Hell in A Cell was a clunker, this is still a hot feud. The insertion of Paul Bearer has kept this feud hot.

2. John Cena and Nexus:I hope Raw's creative team takes notes from Smackdown's, and keeps this program going for a long time. This has been a chance for Wade Barrett to really shine, and he's taken the ball and run with it in a BIG way. Cena has shown excellent range in his character development as well in terms of his expressions and his ability to get this angle over. WWE has run this angle perfectly by making Cena subserviant to Barrett rather then an "equal" member in Nexus. It's been rivoting, fresh, dramatic. Here's hoping they don't rush through this like they did with the somewhat similiar HBK-JBL storyline.

3. Raw-Smackdown trade: Edge was stagnant and really was never relevant during his 5 month run on Raw, hanging around the main event picture, but never really a threat to win the championship. Creative seemed at such a loss as to what to do with him that he was feuding with a friggin computer. CM Punk was being buried on Smackdown jobbing out to the Undertaker and The Big Show. So WWE "trades" the two, and each show benefits immensely. Punk gets instant heat for destroying Evan Bourne after their match, and could be a great foil for Randy Orton on a show light on main event heels. Smackdown gets a main eventer on a show heavy on heels on light on main eventers, period. A win-win for both brands and an excellent move by WWE.

4. Randy Orton: A friend of mine suggested that his push has been Goldberg-esque, and while I won't go that far, he's been pretty damn dominant. When's the last time the guy has lost a match? He was booked as a "when, not if" challenger for the WWE title, and looks to be as dominant a champion since Cena in 06-07. I expect him to hold the title for a long time, maybe even until Wrestlemania. He hasn't been as central a figure on the show since Cena has joined Nexus two weeks ago, something Im hopeful WWE will change next week.

5. The Miz: Hes the captain of Raw's Bragging Rights team, and a wild card in The WWE Title picture because he holds MITB. He's the best talker on Raw and is improving in the ring. He's truly moving into at least the main event discussion, and has main evented several Raws lately. He managed to lose the US title and subsequent rematch to Daniel Bryan via tapout twice and has lots little to no heat as a result. That's talent.

6. In-ring wrestling: Smackdown has always been the more wrestling driven product, but Raw has been moving away from the campy comedy and the guest hosts and has been focusing more on their in-ring product. This has allowed guys like John Morrison, Justin Gabriel, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan and others to showcase their wrestling ability to those that can't afford/dont get the PPV's. Ultimately, the reason we watch is to see wrestlers settle their differences in a wrestling match, so this has been a big plus for me.

7. Fresh champions: On the Raw side, it had been nearly a year since Randy Orton's last championship reign, and his first REAL shot as a face. It's Daniel Bryan's first championship in WWE. On the Smackdown side, Kane hasn't been World Champion in over a decade. As with Daniel Bryan, this is Dolph Ziggler's first championship. Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre are an intriguing pairing that ended the Hart Dynasty's lackluster and poorly booked reign. And LayCool....well, you can't win em them all! :shrug:

8. Alberto Del Rio: This guy is a heat drawing machine, and is gold on the mic. He's pretty polished in the ring as well, and his cross-arm breaker submission is just sick looking. This guy definitely has the "It" factor and will be a champion of some kind sooner rather then later in WWE.

9. Daniel Bryan: He made rising star The Miz tap out twice to win and retain the US Title. He's shown above average mic skills when given the opportunity, and after getting buried two weeks ago against Sheamus, he went toe-to-toe with the former 2 time WWE Champion in their Bragging Rights qualifying match. All he needs is a purposeful feud and he'll be ready to go.

10. Natalya: I have high hopes she'll finally end Michelle McCool's virtually 2 year run of dominance and annoyance over the Divas division. I want to care about them, I really do. Natalya's talented enough to not only take the title from her, but bring back actual credibility to the Divas division. Ever the optimist, am i! ;)

I actually feel WWE is doing alot more right then they are wrong right now, and could probably go on. Overall, Im pretty satisfied with their product.

I agree with most of what is being said here.

Cena/Nexus. I'm more impressed with Barrett's contribution to the feud than Cena. Barrett is really getting comfortable and improving each week. Cena is doing alright but I hate that he is still coming out to his music in his gear. He should be forced to be a regular Nexus member. But hopefully all this resistance by Cena is just to swerve us when he eventually turns and joins them willingly.

Sheamus. I've liked him for a while now. He definitely has the "it" factor. Such a unique superstar. His look, moveset, promos, everything is great lately. I wish he still had the belt though. Orton is a boring champion.

Punk/Edge trade. Edge just seems to belong on SmackDown. Punk seemed like a good fit there too but seeing him on Monday nights won't be a bad thing. And since SES doesn't come with him maybe he will slowly get into the title picture again? He is WWE's best mic worker now with Jericho out of the picture and they need to realize this.

I disagree with the Miz. How exactly is he getting better? Same old promos. Same old ring work. Sorry, I'm just never going to find him believable above mid card. He's a little punk. Sometime in the near future I'm supposed to believe it when he joins the ranks of Sheamus, Orton, Cena, etc? Come on. He would never beat any of those guys. He is above average on the mic, I will give him that, but that's about it. The US title is about as high as he should go. I know they're really high on him right now so I guess I better buckle in for a bumpy ride cuz he's gonna keep taking up my TV screen every week. Dunno what they're smoking backstage that their so pumped about him. He's not a good heel. I hate him because I actually hate him, because he's annoying, not because he is convincing me that he's a bad guy. I hope whenever he cashes in, he fails. Wouldn't that be the first time someone doesn't cash in successfully? It needs to happen. And it should happen to him. And then he should disappear.

I disagree with the Miz. How exactly is he getting better? Same old promos. Same old ring work. Sorry, I'm just never going to find him believable above mid card. He's a little punk. Sometime in the near future I'm supposed to believe it when he joins the ranks of Sheamus, Orton, Cena, etc? Come on. He would never beat any of those guys. He is above average on the mic, I will give him that, but that's about it. The US title is about as high as he should go. I know they're really high on him right now so I guess I better buckle in for a bumpy ride cuz he's gonna keep taking up my TV screen every week. Dunno what they're smoking backstage that their so pumped about him. He's not a good heel. I hate him because I actually hate him, because he's annoying, not because he is convincing me that he's a bad guy. I hope whenever he cashes in, he fails. Wouldn't that be the first time someone doesn't cash in successfully? It needs to happen. And it should happen to him. And then he should disappear.

AMEN

Seriously. If anything, the Miz is part of the reason the WWE is slumping. He's a stubby annoying frat boy that is BORING in the ring and above average on the mic. We're supposed to believe that all of a sudden this shitty jobber has turned to the same level as Cena, Orton, etc? People think he's the next greatest thing since William Shakespeare or something. What the fuck?

"DUR HURP HE'S A HEEL AND HE MAKES FUN OF JOHN CENA HAHA I LUV HIM"

No. And to the guy that said he's the best talker on RAW.... holy fuck no. Punk... Cena..... Barrett.... shit even Orton in heel mode too...

I too don't see what the people backstage see in this guy. Like you said, I don't hate him because he's a heel I hate him because he's annoying, boring, yet somehow still getting a push. Sorry people, but the guy blows.

Nexus/Cena - This feud is making a star out of Wade Barrett. He's absolutely solid in this role that he could be the next HHH. The way he plays mind games with Cena and the promo he delivered on Raw goading Cena into hitting him and Cena's reaction to it was very good.

The Viper - He hasnt had an interesting feud or match since his feud with Cena but his character is defintely interesting. He plays The Viper gimmick well with his face expressions, his eyes and the way he shakes his head after RKO and slithers on the floor & bangs the mat when he's ready to hit RKO, he truly does look like a snake out there.

Sheamus - He's like the new Brock Lesnar. Started off dominant, wasnt so good with the promos at first but once he came into his own after he became the WWE Champ & during his feud with HHH, he became better with the promos & his matches. He still has a lot more to go but he's improving. He also plays the role of intimidating & bullying smaller stars but getting intimidated himself when it comes to the major stars, well.

The Miz - Despite what people say about him being "overrated" and that all he can do is shout on the mic and yell out a simple catchphrase, the guy rocks the mic but I do agree he's not the best talker in WWE or on Raw right now. But he can get the crowd riled up easily, half of em boo, half cheer him, he throws out a few funny insults at people now & then. His performances in his feud with Daniel Bryan was the best of his career.

Daniel Bryan - As much as WWE try to put him down, the fans will always be interested in him. All he needs is just a proper feud.

Michael Cole - The guy was once annoying on commentary but I find him pretty funny now whenever he puts down the babyfaces especially for such simple things as being video game players, being an internet darling etc. His feud, remarks & his promos on NXT over Daniel Bryan were gold no matter what anybody says. Turning him heel has done this guy wonders, it's no wonder why's he commentating for all 3 WWE shows now.

CM Punk Trade - It's no so much Edge's trade that interests me because there's nothing interesting he can do on SD anymore. He's just gonna be doing the same things on SD he did before, win the World Title, carry Smackdown with no real interesting competition as we've seen him feud with everybody on the show already. The only revived feud I look forward to is with Christian as they've both grown and become bigger since the last time the two faced off. CM Punk though can feud with Daniel Bryan, HHH, John Cena, Orton, win the WWE Title, stuff which is fresh as a daisy for him & us which is what makes Punk's future on Raw interesting cause he aint ever feuded with them and won the title.

Alberto Del Rio - His gimmick, skills in the ring & on the mic are pretty darn fine. He's the next star of the WWE, I just wish he would get a more decent attire than the dorky gold pants. Trade that in for black pants with maybe a "Del Rio" logo on the back, as far as the white kneepads & boots he has on now, I dont really mind them but with black pants he'll look more decent & professional. He's the new face of Smackdown for me though.

Taker/Kane - Even though their matches are not top notch and they pretty much do the same thing every Smackdown, Kane beating up Taker, using their powers on each other, Kane cutting a good promo on Taker, it still is a decent feud to watch.

Kaval - Same reason as Daniel Bryan. Am pissed the way WWE are treating him though by jobbing him out to Drew McIntrye, Cody Rhodes, making him last 5 mins with Big Show to earn his spot on the team at Bragging Right in which he was completely jobbed out for the first 4 mins only for him to lose his spot to the offspring of Rob Zombie & Tarzan.

well to tell you the truth i do believe wwe is in a bit of a slump right now storyline wise and thats a bit uncharacteristic for them because we are gearing towards wrestlemania and thats the time wwe is at its best.i think that though the debate will rage on as to whether bound for glory was a good ppv or not i think at least the timing was good in the sense that nothing really big is going onn in wwe

i think all of you are ready to jump on me after this last statement.probably the example you are going to put up is the cena/nexus storyline but i do think i can guess the ending to it.if it ends in a shocking john cena heel turn then im ready to eat my words but this storyline is boring to me.plus it has been done by better people namely hbk and jbl.so yeah id say im not exactly excited for it

taker/kane has had a few moments but again there is only one way this is heading.it ends with kane getting buried at BR.

orton's hot at the moment ill say that much but somehow mixing him up with cena/nexus isnt exactly a great idea imo.though it could lead to some tension between cena and orton.hmmm now that sounds good so i take my words back.orton is great at the moment.but he bores me when he comes on to the mic.really guys just go to youtube and check up "stone cold steve austin"before comparing him to orton

daniel bryan is good but he is winning too much imo.he's too dominant for a guy who was on a losing streak not too long ago.if a babyface wins too much that does not earn him much sympathy.ask cena.so let miz win by using a few underhand tactics

im liking edge as a babyface though smackdown is a bit light on heels so im not sure how far he'll be able to go as a face

and yeah miz does nothing for me.same promos "jbl touched me heeere heeere and heere.i feel so humiliated but now im a champ".same old average matches except if you have bryan at the other end.yeah wwe is heading towards a great future

Best thing about the WWE right now is the commercials....Point blank...Vince should take the word wrestling out of the WWE and what your left with is WE i.e Vince and Linda...Nothing is good for the "e" the locker room moral is low ask Hardy,Batista,MVP if they are allowed to talk that is.Linda is dropping big turds of money on a campaign instead of getting her wrestlers health insurance.If people could leave when they wanted I think a lot of them would.Only problem is they need that pay check.More and more talent is wasted in the "e" you know the names of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back