Good SNES or N64 games

I've recently become bored with solely posting jokes on the WZ forum, so I've decided to get a few emulators. Orginally I was against emulators, not for any legal reasons, but simply because I just feel playing a console is that much better.

I'm yet to get a proper controller to USB connection, but I'd justl ike some recommendations on games that are enjoyable to play, as I had a PS1 instead of an N64 and didnt buy an SNES. I've already tried all the classics, such as Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and OoT. Most of the Mario games and some more popular games on both systems (Conkers Bad Fur Day, Pokemon Snap, Super Mario RPG, Doom).

Most ofthese games were just memories of playing them at my friends house, so I cant find any rare good ones, and none of the review sites give me information beyond " Super Mario 64 was teh best game evar!"

So any info on some good games would be great thanks.

A couple of good SNES games are,

Super mario RPG:
Obviously this is only a good game if you are in to RPG's, but I would recommend it none the less.

Kirbys dreamland:
I have always loved Kirby and this is one of the best games for him, Highly recommened.

R-type:
Pretty fun side scroller.

Super star wars:
A great star wars game, you don't have to be into star wars to actually enjoy it. It has a fun gun mechanic and I like the platforming.

Contra 3: If you are looking for a challenge, here it is.

N64 games: I will just go ahead and assume you played most of the well known games, so I will try to give out some different Ideas,

Donkey Kong 64: One of the best adventures on the 64 and in my oppinion, rivals Ocarina of time.

Mega man 64: While identical to the playstation 1 version, still a great game.

Sarges heroes 1 and 2: While it wasn't very well recieved by critics, I loved this game, I just loved the fact that you were blowing up toy soldiers, and the variety of guns is pretty awesome also.

Mario party 1, 2 and 3:
I don't know if you plan on playing this stuff with other people, but if you do, this is the perfect party game.

Hope you enjoy them.

SNES:

Super Mario World.

This seriously is up there on my "Greatest Games EVER" list. The level design... beautiful. Control... great. It's just an overall amazing game.

N64:

Ocarina of Time. 'Nuff said. ;) Also on my Greatest Games EVER list.

Jet Force Gemini. One of the best (and most underrated) third-person shooters out there. Great story, great characters, I love this game to pieces.

Perfect Dark was a quality game. It's good for multiplayer games, as there's a wide array of weapons and some good levels. It's not as good as Goldeneye though, not by a long shot.

If you can find it, give it a go. You'll love it.

N64 Games:

Despite what people tell you, Perfect Dark is an improved Goldeneye. Perfect Dark came out years after it, and features a lot more than Goldeneye. You should definitely try it out when you get the chance.

A game that is sorely overlooked in terms of multiplayer is Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion. The game is fun as hell when you have three other guys over. You can set ridiculous handicaps, customize the weapon spawning, everything. The multiplayer has about 10 gametypes, countless teams to choose from, and over 20 characters. These characters range from demons you fought in the game to scientists. You can even be a raptor. 'Nuff said.

Another game I'd recommend is F-Zero X. It is the second installment of the series that Captain Falcon originated. Each race has 40 people, all racing in an over-the-top futuristic racer, and the chances of getting blown off the map are pretty good. Eventually you get to unlock all 40 characters, and its great fun to choose from the selection.

Another game I have to recommend is NBA Hangtime. I have more fun playing this game than any other game I've played, hands down. When three other guys come over, its a heated tournament of basketball dominance. With power dunks that feature your player jumping 30 feet above the rim, and jamming it down in a burst of fire, you can't go wrong. The extremely simple gameplay rarely gets old, and some of the cheats are hilarious, ranging from baby mode to big heads. On top of that, you can customize your character, choosing from some great avatars. You can customize their stats, and even give them a nickname. Overall, this is a must play if you get an N64 emulator. I could go on and on, but for times sake, these are three good ones.

SNES GAMES:

Try out "Sid Meier's Pirates!" You can probably put more time into this game than any other SNES game. As a captain of a pirate ship, you get to sail across the massive expanse, going to ports, meeting other ships, hunting, etc. You have to deal with mutinies, splitting treasure, and other things you wouldn't expect an SNES to deliver. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this out, and if you allow yourself to get into it, it can be a blast.

I love threads like this, because it lets me champion some real underdogs.

For the SNES:

U.N. Squadron

One of the greatest shoot'em ups EVER! It plays like R-Type, only as less of a clusterfuck. You buy weapons, earn cash, and blow it on new planes! Each plane is different, and you get three different pilots to choose from, each with a different power.

The Japanese pilot levels up faster, mastering the weapons.

The British pilot gains more special weapons per purchase, loading up his plane.

The American pilot recovers quickly, and is much harder to kill.

I've beaten this game plenty of times, and I still love it.

N64 Game:

WCW/NWO Revenge-That was a great wrestling game. You didn't have the real entrance music, but you still the real entrances that included fireworks for those that had them. Sting would repel from the rafters with his bat during battle royals! The roster was a pretty good size as you had WCW, NWO, & extra Japanese & mexican wrestlers to choose from. I loved stealing my opponents taunts. Watching Goldberg do the Buff Bagwell strut & pose was funny as hell! You could wrestle for all the titles & wear them to the ring. The game play is fun as well. I loved making people bleed then making them tap out! I could go on. The game is a classic in my opinion. It was a huge step up from Ntro & Thunder!

For SNES, I'd recommend "Super Punch Out!!". It is easily my favorite game on the SNES console behind Mario. It has enormous longetivity, as chracters are superbly realistic, unique, and colorful. There's even a bonus circuit if you never loose featuring other unigue opponents. They are so enjoyable to play against, and you'll undoubtedly want to fight them again after you've beat the game. Thus, it seemingly never gets stale.

Furthermore, the sounds and graphics are simply amazing, espeacially considering that time frame in which it was released. The style of the game in regards to the gameplay, sound, and visuals are addicting, and it will have you playing over and over again, wanting to see who your next opponent is to face. Everyone has an uncanny persona, albeit fairly steriotyped, that's greatly enjoyable.

Overall, this game can't be touched - it's an excellent game still to this day, that's very addictive. I'd love you to say you've never played it, because I want to be the one to introduce it to you, although that's kindly unlikely seeing as it's popular - and rightfully so.

Get. It. Now.

I highly recommend Demon's Crest for the SNES. You play as Firebrand a gargoyle who gathers the six elemental crest to create the crest of heaven that would give infinite power to the beholder. He is attacked after a battle with the demon dragon and loses the crests. You start out in a coliseum and kill the demon dragon he fought earlier. From there you are thrust into the world to obtain the six crest and get revenge.

The game features items like potions, spells, and talisman that can increase various skills. In the game you collect money from either killing enemies, destroying pots, or headbutting windows... you read that right you can headbutt various things in the background such as windows, statues and ice figures. Their are shops where you buy the spells and potions. Another feature is when the leave the area you are flying in 3d around the map and choose which level you want to go to or try to find secret areas.

My favorite feature of the game is when you gain a crest you can transform into a new demon. Each elemental crest represents the demon you gain with all new ablities and such. Also the regular form can gain 6 different fire attacks.

Demon's Crest is still my favorite SNES game through all the years and i still play it to this day.

Since the "Heavyhitters" have been mentioned, I'll name some lesser-known gems.

Blast Core! Anyone else remember this game? No? Well, it's an insanely fun, albeit short, game about giant robots. Yeah.

Mischief Makers deserves some credit, though I haven't met another person who's played it. It's cool because of its unique control scheme, with you grabbing and throwing enemies.

Star Fox 64 is great for its multiple ways of beating the game, and had decent multiplayer. Oh yeah, and it's fun as hell.

Iggy's Wrecking Balls was a totally original racing and platforming game (yeah, both at the same time).

Quest 64, though I've heard many hate on it, was a very fun element-based RPG, at least to me.

I can't remember any more obscure games at the moment, so I'll stop there. Also, play Smash Brothers, unless you hate fun.

It really depends on what kind of games your lookin for. SNES offers what I think are some of the best platforming adventure games of all time. On the other hand though it has some great racers, sports, and even some good 1st and 3rd person shooters. Oerall though if you want a good platforming game there is always Super Mario World. If you want something a little different check out Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. If you want to relieve the glory days of the Donkey Kong Series, SNES is your ticket with three great platformers (2nd is one of my personal favs of all time). Primal Rage is an excellent arcade style fighter if that's what your into, Mario Kart of course holds the racing reigns and is the original. For an RPG experience I'd go with Mario RPG.

N64 is a little bit ore advanced and the heavy hitters and some lesser known games like Iggy's Wrecking Balls, and Turok 3 have been mentioned. Another game that not too many people think of in terms of goo multiplayer is another Turok game by the name of Turok: Rage Wars. This game is literally built solely for multiplayer. If multiplayer isn't what your looking for then I would certainly recommend Ocarina Of Time for the fact that it is what it is and plenty of people here can explain it if you don't know about it already. Super Smash Brothers is a fun fighter even in single player. Super Mario 64 is simply a classic. There is also 2 remakes of the popular arcade game "Rampage" if your into that kind of thing. Best of luck with the emulating! Oh yeah one final one for N64 that gets over looked a lot.... Gex: Enter The Gecko

Goldeneye and the original Super Smash Bros. are a couple of my favorite games from the N64. Goldeneye because it was an excellent shooter game with the wide array of weapons and SSB because you could beat up Jigglypuff with the character of your choice.
Also to mention are Ken Griffey Jrs' Major League Baseball, Ken Griffey Jrs' Slugfest, Super Mario 64 (Obviously), Mario Kart 64, Mario Golf, Pokemon Stadium, and Kirby and the Crystal Shards.

For SNES, I'd recommend "Super Punch Out!!". It is easily my favorite game on the SNES console behind Mario. It has enormous longetivity, as chracters are superbly realistic, unique, and colorful. There's even a bonus circuit if you never loose featuring other unigue opponents. They are so enjoyable to play against, and you'll undoubtedly want to fight them again after you've beat the game. Thus, it seemingly never gets stale.

Furthermore, the sounds and graphics are simply amazing, espeacially considering that time frame in which it was released. The style of the game in regards to the gameplay, sound, and visuals are addicting, and it will have you playing over and over again, wanting to see who your next opponent is to face. Everyone has an uncanny persona, albeit fairly steriotyped, that's greatly enjoyable.

Overall, this game can't be touched - it's an excellent game still to this day, that's very addictive. I'd love you to say you've never played it, because I want to be the one to introduce it to you, although that's kindly unlikely seeing as it's popular - and rightfully so.

Get. It. Now.

As for SNES games, Super Punch-Out is also my favorite. The characters in that game are hard and I like that. I like the sounds, visuals and the different boxers from various stereotypes. I still play it to this day. Plus, who hasn't posted a video of their fastest time against the like of Bald Bull, Bob Charlie, and Mad Clown on Youtube once in their life?

SNES games are awesome. I love the colourful graphics on those games.

Biker Mice from Mars is the best racing game I have played for the SNES. It's simple in a way but yet so awesome, I strongly recommend that game.

Capcom Soccer Shootout is one of the best football games I have played. It's so neat, me and my friends played that game a shitload. Even used to play it on the PC's in school, lol.

Double Dragon is a great side scrolling 2 player fighting game and a must-have if you're a fan of the sort. This is easely a favourite of mine.
If you're a fan of side scrolling fighting games I also suggest Kuniotachi. Have you played River City Ransom for the NES? Well, this is the sequel for SNES! There is a variety of attacks and it's a pretty cool game, only possible downside is that it can be rather difficult.

If you havent checked it out yet, Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium is one awesome wrestling game for the SNES. They have some moves in that game that they don't even have in the latest Smackdown game. ^^ You need a english patch for that game though. I can hook you up if you are interested. Just send me a PM.

If you like RPG's, then Chrono Trigger is easely something you have to play. Great game.

These are some of my favourite games for the SNES that I have counted up now. Google for screenshots if you'd like and see if it's anything that appeals to you. I would also recommend getting a gamepad to play these games with. It makes it alot more fun and gives it a nice feeling. ^^ Have fun bro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back