Goldfinger and The Urge Appreciation Thread

Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra

Kinda Sorta Old School
My local radio station is counting down the top 500 songs of the 90's this weekend and these are two bands that have made the countdown a time or two already. I wouldn't say that I forgot about them, I just haven't heard them in awhile, so show your appreciation here and post a few videos or whatever.

[YOUTUBE]T8IPLgAIueo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]udUCjJphE-0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Saw Goldfinger on the "Tour of the Rising Sum" years and years ago. They were really good. To honor the drummer getting his Canadian citizenship that day, they had some dude come up and eat a Twinky out of his ass. (not sure of the tie in.. but okay) Great on stage presence. amazing energy

I guess know one knows The Urge. I knew they were big in Saint Louis, didn't know if anyone else knew them.
I only know Goldfinger because of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. I never heard of The Urge I never heard of. Ever. Although apparently they had a song on the MTV show Daria....

I guess they were just big here, I don't know anyone from St. Louis that doesn't at least have a decent opinion on them.
And I don't know anyone outside of St Louis who has heard of them, so I think you're right.

Still, Superman is the shit. I never listened to their other stuff, but I loved that one.

Yeah, I've been listening to all these bands today alot. After the countdown is done I'll try to link it to show everyone their list, I'm sure someone will shit on it.

Always liked Goldfinger's cover of 99 Red Balloons. Other than that and Superman, the only two I can remember listening to extensively were Walking in the Dark and one other I can't seem to remember at the moment.

Zebrahead is fucking amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back