• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Goldberg

If it does, the irony would be fantastic.

Goldberg who has one of the most; if not the most, successful undefeated streak in wrestling history, drew huge money, got huge over ends the streak of the man whose one of the worst undefeated streaks in the history of wrestling, whose drawn not a cent and isn't at all over, Crimson.

I can dream.

I don't understand how Crimson's streak is one of the worst. It definitely isn't one of the best but that doesn't mean it automatically goes to the other end of the spectrum.

Almost all undefeated streaks are heavily reliant on jobbers for an extended period of time. Only the best streaks actually make it to people of importance. Crimson actually beat plenty of non-jobbers clean before he only recently turned heel.

Undefeated streaks are shitty in general, and the only real streak of importance was really the Undertaker's but that's a whole other story.

Undefeated streaks are shitty in general, and the only real streak of importance was really the Undertaker's but that's a whole other story.

Goldberg's streak was absolutely of importance. Joe's arguably was. The fact that they are generally shitty is more or less my point. It hasn't been great! or really even good, but it hasn't been noticeably worse than plenty of other attempts since it at least occasionally had some decent moments.

Goldberg's streak was absolutely of importance. Joe's arguably was. The fact that they are generally shitty is more or less my point. It hasn't been great! or really even good, but it hasn't been noticeably worse than plenty of other attempts since it at least occasionally had some decent moments.

If you want to talk about how it can help a person individually sure it helped Goldberg and it'll probably the only thing people really remember about him and to an extend it helped Joe but overall they make matches uninteresting because unless it's at a major event we'll know he'll never lose. This isn't going help Crimson in the long run.

That last post seems out of left field and Goldberg's streak helped more than the individual, so did Joe's to an extent. Why are you discussing match outcome all of a sudden? Why would knowing the Undertaker is going to win at an actual big event make his streak the only one of importance? What is the relevance of the long run in this discussion?

Haven't enjoyed Crimson's streak. Haven't enjoyed Crimson at all, actually. I don't think it's all his fault. They don't seem to give a shit about his streak. Sure, once every few months someone mentions it, Hogan remembers it exists, and does something... short term, obviously. It's not working all that well.

I hope it is Goldberg, and I hope Crimson loses inside of thirty seconds. Best thing that could happen to the guy.

It would be awesome to have Goldberg answer the open challenge. I loved Goldberg back in the day, and whenever someone goes on a winning streak they are inevitably compared to him.

However, from a business standpoint it wouldn't make much sense to have him answer the open challenge. Goldberg is a name you would want to promote weeks in advance because he will sell PPVs. Having him show up unannounced would do nothing.

Hope Goldberg destroys Crimson.

Bland-ass motherfucker.

But to be fair, his streak has been booked boring as hell.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=217288

I've already detailed why Crimson has the worst undefeated streak in pro-wrestling history. He hasn't been impressive, he hasn't been dominant, the majority of his victories come at the expense of those familiar to losing ways, once his streak ends he is screwed, nobody will take a second glance at the guy. Last night in the LD even, I read at least four or five people say that was the most impressive performance they've seen from him and it wasn't even all that impressive to begin.

The sad thing is I'd think Crimson would be more interesting if he didn't have a streak. Like if he lost he'd go apeshit and attack someone or something and then deliberately make his opponent lose their next match, or something like that.

I called for the streak to be separated from Crimson as far back as BFG.

Knowing the physical strength Goldberg has had in his past, I think he would be wholly capable of coming back and squashing the fuck out of Crimson aged firmly over 40. And I'll echo the sentiment that it's probably the best thing for him. It really is.

Speaking of undefeated streaks why isn't anyone talking about Tatanka's?? who's streak ended with Ludvig Borga!!

Most undefeated streaks are lame cause its a ton of jobbers that are fed to them... what makes Goldberg unique.. is that he didn't face jobbers.. he faced respected talent from the start.. HUgh Morris, Meg, Barbarian, etc etc.. not Jobber #1, Jobber #2 like Ryback is doing now..

Oh yeah more undefeated streaks remember when Glacier and Wrath (Brian Clarke) were undefeated??? yeah .. thought not. ;)

Not all undefeated angles work.. most fail... but Goldbergs was successfull he'e more known for his streak than any one else who had a undefeated streak before and after him.

That said.. Crimson's streak hasn't been great.. I hope Goldberg destroys him.

For those that want a stroll dowm memory lame..

Glacier
[youtube]RcNDfms2kYk[/youtube]

Wrath (I actually like Wrath)
[youtube]coFlDddPsuE[/youtube]

Tatanka
[youtube]zCWHIIRYlEc[/youtube]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members