God of War: Chains of Olympus

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
My friend got a demo for this after entering a competition. I mean, it was a lame prize but all you had to do was enter. Anyway, he gave it to me seeing as he doesn't even have a PSP. I've always been a big fan of the God of War series, even though I haven't ever owned I or II myself. Anyway, I was so impressed with the demo that I bought the full game yesterday.

Finally, my PSP has a reason to exist. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a decent game for the PSP... *cough*Shocky*cough* The best part? It's very, very unlikely to be ported to the PS2 when it sells like shit!

The gameplay is classic God of War, sort of a mix of platforming with the whole action/adventure DMC/Ninja Gaiden genre I suppose. The combat and movement work beautifully, something rare to find on a PSP game. It also looks as good as a few top-of-the-line PS2 game. Nothing PS360 worthy, but very impressive for the platform nonetheless. It gets frustrating at times, but that just makes it all the sweeter when you finally get past a tough boss or figure out how solve a confusing puzzle. A minor complaint is that the nub (or nipple, as I call it) is not very suited for use in QTE's (quick time events, for the uninitiated). The game's two damn picky about the exact angle you turn it as, and I've died twice so far for failing to turn it correctly when I was clearly doing the right thing. Still, it can be solved by being ridiculously cautious when using it. Great game, well worth your £25 or however much American it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back